Forum

I'm the last one to complain about any admin/s, but

Created 29th November 2012 @ 12:25

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from Retsh0ck

they need to PROVE I wasn’t there at the specific time

There isn’t any discussion on the matchpage of where anyone should have been at the specific time (no server posted by either team). By ETF2L logic, neither team made any attempt to arrange the game so they are both guilty, irrelevant of either team claiming they turned up – ie just (re)play the game or both teams get default losses.

Hallow

P.O.P

It fucks up the tournament if the game isn’t replayed, I don’t see why the admins can’t bend the rules with this when they seem to have no problems with it other cases :/

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Seems like fair play and decency aren’t really wanted in ETF2L. Never understood the point of playing a game competitively only to win by not playing the game. Pointless.

JimTheMagicJumper

!

These sort of topics seem to come up all the time, how have you people still not learnt to do your scheduling on the match page…

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

[…]There isn’t any discussion on the matchpage of where anyone should have been at the specific time (no server posted by either team). By ETF2L logic, neither team made any attempt to arrange the game so they are both guilty, irrelevant of either team claiming they turned up – ie just (re)play the game or both teams get default losses.

there wasn’t a talk about a specific time, but we did talk about changing the date ( I did talk to him on steam btw, but I know that doesn’t matter now ) and there is an attempt to arrange the game – by me because I was the one contacting him both on matchpage and on steam. so no, I’m not “guilty” of not making an attempt to arrange this, because I have.

p.s: just incase you got this wrong, I’m all in for playing this match – obviously they’re not.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from JimTheMagicJumper

These sort of topics seem to come up all the time, how have you people still not learnt to do your scheduling on the match page…

Please read the thread before making useless statements which have been said like 10 times

Abra

Quoted from Koeitje

Holy shit, we are so going to win div1 next season.

brb installing photoshop.

If they truly photoshopped fake logs they should be banned for it, because in essence it is cheating.

Dont be silly kotje,come russia,drink with us,silly boy

demsii

EPA

Quoted from Panromir

[…]

Why exactly? All default wins were legitimately claimed.

This quote right here shows exactly why I once told you that you were not fit to be an admin. A league (a place where games are played, in case that wasn’t clear to you) should always try to get their games played, there are no truely “legitimate” claims for a default. Only as a last resort when the other team clearly has no intention of playing it and/or jerks you around. And seeing the amount of default wins they had, you could’ve at least contacted Retsh0ck about it to be on the safe side.

Now that is out of the way, let me give you an etf2l lesson 101 Retsh0ck (I didn’t read all of the bs that was posted, but this could’ve been easily avoided by some simple steps):

1) Put all info in the matchpage, agreements on mercs, etc.
2) In case of doubt about agreeing on a server, be the first to post an ip on the matchpage (before the actual match date)
3) If all fails, be first to contact an admin.

Were you asleep these last few years?

Last edited by demsii,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I dislike seeing teams that claim default wins, I always question their motives first. Sometimes there tends to be no realistic date they can play without delaying the game beyond reason so makes rescheduling impossible. I have seen it before that teams have just made no attempt to contact their opponent and gone for the default without even posting a server IP just in case their opponents can’t use IRC or Steam. There is no excuse not to contact eachother really, but it is a two way process….did you make an attempt to contact them? Did you post on the match page?
At least they knew they should have been playing on that day. Whether or not they contacted you marks their sportsmanship, but reality is it is your fault for not attempting to follow the calander, not S0nny Black or any other admin for accepting the default.

If it makes you feel any better I would have asked for one showing the time on Steam, if people can’t work they’re lying.

Last edited by Hildreth,

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from Retsh0ck

[…]
there wasn’t a talk about a specific time, but we did talk about changing the date ( I did talk to him on steam btw, but I know that doesn’t matter now ) and there is an attempt to arrange the game – by me because I was the one contacting him both on matchpage and on steam. so no, I’m not “guilty” of not making an attempt to arrange this, because I have.

p.s: just incase you got this wrong, I’m all in for playing this match – obviously they’re not.

I’m saying this is how it should be by following the rules to the letter (obviously the rules are inherently flawed to begin with). Strictly speaking, anything not posted on the matchpage isnt proof – obviously you making the attempt to talk to him/arrange it on steam makes sense to everybody apart from ETF2L admins it seems.

Anyway, what I’m saying is for them to legitimately claim a default, they should have shown a discussion about where to play the game, otherwise no scheduling agreement has been made on the page (as the default date doesn’t cover this). They clearly didn’t do this, which means that even following the ETF2L rules they shouldnt have gotten a default win.

Quoted from Hildreth

At least they knew they should have been playing on that day. Whether or not they contacted you marks their sportsmanship, but reality is it is your fault for not attempting to follow the calander, not S0nny Black or any other admin for accepting the default.

If they knew they were playing, they should make an attempt to sort a server out, or there is no arrangement, so claiming a default win makes absolutely no sense in this case.

Last edited by FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD,

AnimaL

Quoted from demsii

[…]

This quote right here shows exactly why I once told you that you were not fit to be an admin. A league (a place where games are played, in case that wasn’t clear to you) should always try to get their games played, there are no truely “legitimate” claims for a default. Only as a last resort when the other team clearly has no intention of playing it and/or jerks you around. And seeing the amount of default wins they had, you could’ve at least contacted Retsh0ck about it to be on the safe side.

its not just him its etf2l in general, ive had to deal with this on multiple times where teams would rather not play bcs they find some idiotic flaw in etf2l rules and admins are like “well, you better find last or its def lose, not our problem if hes not on roster” kind of attitude which made me quit this bullshit and not want to deal with leading anything at least not untill esea comes to eu

Last edited by AnimaL,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

[…]
I’m saying this is how it should be by following the rules to the letter (obviously the rules are inherently flawed to begin with). Strictly speaking, anything not posted on the matchpage isnt proof – obviously you making the attempt to talk to him/arrange it on steam makes sense to everybody apart from ETF2L admins it seems.

Anyway, what I’m saying is for them to legitimately claim a default, they should have shown a discussion about where to play the game, otherwise no scheduling agreement has been made on the page (as the default date doesn’t cover this). They clearly didn’t do this, which means that even following the ETF2L rules they shouldnt have gotten a default win.

[…] If they knew they were playing, they should make an attempt to sort a server out, or there is no arrangement, so claiming a default win makes absolutely no sense in this case.

So can you play highlander?

:DDD

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Strictly speaking, anything not posted on the matchpage isnt proof – obviously you making the attempt to talk to him/arrange it on steam makes sense to everybody apart from ETF2L admins it seems.

I have not seen any proof that anyone tried to rearrange the match on steam, apart from an post on the match page, made after the default win was entered and not confirmed by the opponent. If Retsh0ck can prove with a screenshot that the opponent agreed to not play last night over Steam, he would have had all right to demand that the default win gets revoked.

Also, I do not know if Retsh0ck actually tried talking to the opponent after the default win to replay the match but when one of our admins contacted the opponent, he agreed to replay. Much ado about nothing?

***CLOSED***

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5