Forum

New rules for the next season.

Created 9th March 2009 @ 12:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

Assault Marine Sigh

Locking rosters is horrible.
People leave their clans for many reasons more than just tranferring to better teams.
If someone left for personal IRL issues or didnt get on with a member of their current clan that one person leaving can cripple some clans. They may aswell just drop. However if they can add a member to their roster they may just be able to get another player to replace said person.

Also someone said if its 4-4 with 5minutes left and one team pulls ahead they said its too bad the other team wins and their better. How exactly ? 4-4 to me sounds pretty even and when you consider a team can only score one round at a time why call it at 5. It may not happen much in the higher divisions. But at times I have seen teams score 3 points in 6 or 7 minutes. Timelimit is fine as it is.

Also I do not want to see shitty badlands played ever pissing week again. I agree with admins to pick maps provided there is some diversity.

As for 2 matches a week 1 map or 2 would be very difficult for alot of people. Even with a roster of 8 you have to consider that even clans in a low div such as ours play multiple leagues/cups. There is just not enough time for those with jobs/lives.
I love this game but if I gave any more time to it I think my misses may actually leave me ….

Iller

tGa

“There is just not enough time for those with jobs/lives.”

IRL is overrated..

I don’t like the first to 5 idea too much. A better idea would be to say that the team that first gets a 5 points lead wins (or the team with most point when the timelimit is up).

I agree that far too many teams drop and reform and many players change team more often than clothes.
It seems many teams are forming thinking they are on top of the world, they join they league and after their first losses they fold. To build up a new team takes time which many people don’t seem to be aware of.

Maybe a maxlimit of 1 team for each player during one season (unless the team folds) ?
Then people will have to try a bit harder before they just leave.

And if you are a clan leader of a team that folds from the league you should not be able to play in the league until next season.

Those rules are a bit hard, but it would decrease the number of dropped teams I think.

Assault Marine Sigh

IRL is overrated ? how so ?

There are more important things than a game im sorry to say and quite frankly people need to take that into consideration.

thaldarin

If IRL is over rated you can pay me each month off your own back then. =]

Norrland3000

I agree, the rate we play in now is great. If you think you dont play enough then just play pcw:s. Not harder than that :)

IRL is more fun than a stupid game, of course. But its not just the game that make it fun, it’s the people you play with.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

“IRL is overrated..”

I LOLD

Edd

T2P

Why lock rosters? My team have had a very bad locked roster experience we cant play with the people we want and we’ve had to drop from ED. Also our ukesa team is so so dodgy because were using inactive / players that have changed teams to play with us. It just doesnt work. ETF2L is the best tf2 league because of certain things such as the flexibilty of teams / players. Nothing imo is wrong with the actual organisation of the league, so tbh i think we should just leave the organisation and sort out the problems in-game.

erba_knoff

_

What about keeping same weapons the whole season. Even if new class updates come, no new weapons should be introduced into the league until the next season!

Sure new stuff is funny, but comming stuff can change gameplay quite much!
:&

thaldarin

Nova in which case I suggest you get a team together that’s been together longer than a week that can all stick together longer than a week?

Edd

T2P

newbie, the team at the time was epic-clan. It had been going for about 7 months and we add to ukesa just before pi3 got banned for “cheating”. When the epic1 folded the roster was buggered.

cubeth

rda

I’m absolutely in agreement with what darn said, 2×30 min is just too boring, tf2 doesnt have a fast pace so speeding it up a bit would probably make a bit more enjoyable

archu

rda

I’d suggest to cut timelimit to 20 mins + winlimit 5 – > much faster game,

kolox

obs.

mm, 20 mins is okayish, win limit 5 is too small.
I agree with the people that say a point-difference of 5 is fine.

newbie, get a clue before you go making comments like that. Seriously, where were you basing your assumptions? Our UKESA roster was a mix of epic teams 1 and 2. When pi3 got banned from etf2l he quit tf2 and team 1 folded, meaning we have a few members from our current team on, a player from another clan and pi3 who never plays tf2 anymore.

Reason we try to play is because of the money that was donated to get us in to the championship.

Assault Marine Sigh

I dont want to turn this into a flame war but newbie plz keep stupid comments to yourself.

anyway lowering the timelimit to 20min would be fine. Then there is no need for winlimits. I mean unless your really bad I guess the team could score 10 points against you …. o.o
Also this leaves room for 2 maps within an hour. Instead of it taking like an hour +

Rele

10mins less can make a difference tbh. Lets say its 3:2 on Granary in the 19th min. Would be enough time to turn the game with timelimit 30 but not with 20. Thats a common situation.

Its fine as it is. With longer timelimit the teams have time to adapt to each others tactic and the better team will win more often (rather than the worse team scoring a lucky point and defending it long enough).

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »