Forum

New rules for the next season.

Created 9th March 2009 @ 12:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7

Randdalf

(0v0)

How about allowing teams to surrender if they’ve had enough…

jason

PHX

Hey Randdalf what is this the UKeSA? ;)

thaldarin

You folded because one player got booted for cheating. That’s a pretty weak reason to dissolve a team.

We had a cheater in CiC last season, Trojan. We never realised he was cheating, we took it with good stride, got rid of him, soldiered on.

So don’t tell me to get a clue, I have been there as part of a team and it’s not team ending.

Assault Marine Sigh

lol this just proves how little you know. You do need to get a clue because you have no idea or clue on our situation so why dont you just shut it ?

Our team did not disolve. Far from it we split off from epic’s name and started fresh and stronger than ever. Unfortunatly because of his banning from etf2l epic didnt have their cl or main solly playing in this league. Therefore pie has quit tf2 as no other clan will accept him. He was also in our roster for ukesa which is locked. When you consider that the locked roster is 7 people taht pretty much fucked us over. so please keep your stupidy to a minimum and stay on topic. Thank you.

Also on topic again (add me if you wanna continue this crap newbie : bulletmagnet2000)
you could say the same for 30minutes though. 29th minute its 4-5 with 10 more minutes it could be 5-5. I understand what you are saying the line is currently drawn at 30min. It could just be drawn at 20. Quicker games means more games and more variation in matches. Teams that currently play only 2 maps a night could potentially play 3 or 4 even.

Though saying all this 30min is fine lol

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

idea is nice for active clans and bad for inactives ones

thaldarin

I’ve been in contact with pie within the past couple of weeks. I’ve seen him play in a few PCW’s and he is not banned in all leagues. Try not to be insultive too, it don’t suit, remember that forum post about community attitude?

Netsky

did take notice of this, admins will have a look at the mentioned points discussed here.

poll & stuff later on I think

lupus

rhs
RHS

Edit: Reading through the thread, I see some of this has been brought up already. If you don’t care reading through this wall of text -> locked rosters +9000

Something has to be done to keep people from mindlessly switching teams mid-season. I understand that some of the player fluctuation – especially in the higher divisons – this season was caused by the start of the ukesa season, nevertheless this is a recurring issue, that surfaced in previous seasons as well. I am talking of course about phemonena like players playing for three or more different teams over the course of a single season, or teams which start the season with one lineup and end it with a completely different lineup.
I won’t name players or teams here, since it’s not really necessary, but I’m pretty sure things like that happened in each and every division.
The reasons why this is a problem are numerous, I shall name a few:
– It’s unfair towards consistent teams.
– Luring away players can cause teams to disband, which in turn can affect the whole division.
– The teambuilding element of the game is belittled. If a team has a weak phase, it’s easier to disband and join other teams, than to work through it together. This of course causes a chain reaction, effectively changing the lineup of several teams.
– As a result of this many teams fold prematurely, leaving divisions scrambled and disbalanced – what’s the point in playing in a division with four dropped teams and one exceedingly stronger team?

What we need to solve this issue is a fixed set of rules for player transfers, that is executed rigidly as well.
For example the season could be extended to 18 weeks (leaving the current 10 team structure intact – so teams play each other twice), with a transfer window after the ninth week, during which teams are allowed to change a certain amount of players.
Hopefully, this would cause people to think twice before they join/leave a team, and lead to more consistency within the divisions.

On a side note for those, who like to wave their fingers and say “it’s just a game. don’t take it so seriously.” at this point: Of course it’s just a minor social commitment we’re talking about. No one can force you to show up for league matches anymore than they can force you to show up for football practice. Still you’ll show. Why? Because it sucks to let people down.

Bash

Instability in teams is hardly the fault of the ETF2L, nor will ETF2L’s rule changes fix the problem by any means.

Redah

+ timelimit lowered to 20 / 25 min (but keep the 2 maps / match system)
+ win from score difference and/or allowing teams to surrender
+ Gravel Pit new rule (ABBA)
+ fixed maps choosed by admins for each week
+ a player can only plays in two team during one season

– winlimit 5 (timelimit is imho far better than winlimit, it allow more suspense)
– locked rosters
– 2 matches a week

But, before all, i think that all euros leagues should share a same ruleset. The tf2 scene would be more coherent and credible. Organize a inter-admins summit or something :p

J3

Bash thats not true, ofc the rules will force ppl to keep evolving with their own teams, in some way.

Clanhoping is a plague and our community has been victim of it for too much time.
I would like to see some rules to discourage this kind of behavior.
I agree with necro. It is like a chain effect if for example 1of this new teams that come into div2 with some skill but not much time all together just looses 1/2members all the time due to div1 stable teams always being more interesting.
That is not fair, i know many ppl like to have that kind of freedom so they wont prolly agree with this.
But I really believe that a line should be draw.

Ie. In league, limit to 1 transfer but u have to be able to perform at least more then half of the the season on the new team. So that there are no after midseason transfers.
It makes sense. Integrity should be preserved this way. And teams who lose a member will prolly not cause that much impact on the others.

Edit after redah:
+1 for all of that, plus the timelimit should be discussed =)

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

read the rules:
1.7.3 One team change per competition allowed

A player is allowed to do one team change during a competition. A player changing from a dead team doesn’t count as real change.

So if a player change his clans like others their pants it is already not allowed, or not?!

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

How about:

Having an american style open/closed(post) season. Whereby, you play 1 match -v- teams in your league to discover your seeding. This could have an open roster, allowing teams to tweak any issues with players they may have.

Once each team has played eachother once, and the seedings have been sorted, you then have a closed season, cup-style, upper/lower bracket competition to decide the overall winner/2nd/3rd etc. of your divison. At this time the rosters are closed, not allowing any members to be added apart from say 2 weeks during the mid-closed season (week 4 & week 8?).

This would result in a more fair competition imo.

lupus

rhs
RHS

cheetah: iirc this rule does not count if your team folds. plus often it’s simply overlooked/ignored if players change their teams like underwear – that is what I meant by rules need to be executedy rigidly.

Bash: If teams/players think of ETF2L as the main competition, its rules will determine their behavior. While this was true for the past year, it may have shifted towards ukesa now and since they have locked rosters and people pay to play things probably will change anyway.

I agree with Redah, as far as player/roster rules are concerned, rules should be coherent between leagues. As for maps, I am totally pro-choice. Teams should be entitled to have homemaps.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7