Forum

New rules for the next season.

Created 9th March 2009 @ 12:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

i think that riemu is actually making sense here.

jason

PHX

+1 for ABBA

But for the winlimit going to 5, I’d be happy with it sticking at 8 and the 30 minute timelimit.

Going by our last UKeSA match us (div 6) vs veAre (div 2) the match only lasted for just over 16 minutes O.o if it was only to five it wouldn’t have been worth us turning up ;)

Before anyone says that we shouldn’t have turned up anyway – we are supporting grass roots TF2 :P

2+ matches for one league might prove to be a little too much for some.

Map picks by admins, I’m up for that – then at least everyone is playing the same maps at roughly the same time making it easier to get PCW’s set up.

Haunter

@ darn

etf2l cup final granary: 5-4 and tcm was attacking last cp with 30s left, with win limit 5 dignitas would win with 6min left or something

Darn

rockit like

Maybe with the limit to 5 TCM would have played somehow different and kept the score in 4-4.
Point of the rule is that it changes the gameplay and you still have your comeback possibilities. When you know that next round is crucial the game is much more intense, with timelimit it only happens rarely.

Before totally destroying the rule, please go and try it against some even team.

F2

Danmark

There shouldn’t be a winlimit, but maybe a “difference limit”… like, if you’re in front 5-0 or 6-1 you’ve won. But with 5-4 you haven’t won.

Randdalf

(0v0)

Instead of the round win limit being 5, why not make it so that if one team has won 5 more rounds than than the other they win. Having a win limit of 5 is kind of small, you do see matches that end 5-4, but I’ve never seen an 8-7 before which is why we should stick with the current win limit imo.

Gravelpit idea is obviously good; 2 matches a week is too much + the other leagues/tournaments we have to compete in.

EDIT: Eurgh F2 beat me by a minute or so.

We should add this to the thingy to Valve, add a ‘difference limit’ (mp_windifference or something) cvar.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Agreed with win difference to 6 (and of course the gpit thing)

Darn

rockit like

To clarify the rules:

week 1-8
Maplist: granary, freight, fastlane, turbine, gravelpit, badlands, well, communitymap.
Playdates: monday and thursday (week 1 you play granary twice etc.)
First to 5 wins. The map is played 2x30min. So it can be over in 8min or 60min.

After 30min or 4-0 you´ll have 2min to discuss tactics or what went wrong and switch sides.

5 rounds should easily be enough to decide the winner, not the team who needs 5 rounds to warmup and make some miracle comeback.

Before judging so harsh just please go and try these rules in a pcw.

vlm

a poll about default playdates across divisions (not entire league) would be nice, and i totally agree with darn about rules

M0re

Most of you seem to have misunderstood the modifications to the rules that Darn is proposing. Winlimit 5 (winlimit 4/30mins) means that if the opponent quickly takes a 4-0 lead, the game is not over. The situation resets and a new 30 minute round begins. In that moment it’s in my opinion much easier to go through your game, see what went wrong and decide what to do next than to do all that in a single 30 minute game per map (the current ruleset).

A specific weekly map would allow/force teams to concentrate on working on their tactics for that specific map and it would eliminate the tendency to just concentrate on the usual choices of badlands/granary/gpit that we’ve seen in the previous seasons. To put it simply, it would widen the map pool and give everyone equal time to work on their tactics for that weekly map. would also mean that a wider array of maps would be played weekly in pcw’s in the long run and most teams would be wanting to play the same maps, meaning you wouldn’t have to practice a map that you don’t necessarily need practice on at that moment. Overall I think this would also improve the general skill level of the teams on different maps, as they are ”forced” to play maps they might not be the best at.

agron

Relic

+1
to what m0re and darn said

seppo

Gotta agree with Darn and More now that they have made it much clearer, and i wouldnt say this is in any way more time consuming than playing 2 x 30min a day per week instead you would be playing 2 at different days of week x 8min to 60 minutes a day (but i dont believe any team can stalemate the game for long as 60 mins if there is winlimit 5 :p could aswell take a closer look at the stalemate timer on maps)

i believe this system makes playing alot more tense, knowing just how many rounds you have to win and not allowing many rounds for “oh well lets just lose this round and do a quick comeback” and as darn said, winning is winning, both teams know that this last round is crucial and both will give it all they got and whoever wins, wins. theres no point crying over “well if we had 5 more mins we could have tied etc.” because you lost, and they were better.

Rinorragi

Troopers

Admin maps is a good idea in my opinion, but I would rather see like one third of the maps coming from community than just one. I’m sure that there are many maps that could be played. Maybe they are not perfect ones atm but I’m sure that makers will be inspired once they see that their map is used in official games. This would also increase need of thinking new strategies for the new maps which I have found as an interesting aspect. And not all the maps needs to be 5 point cp maps like turbine and gravelpit has shown to us.

Gravelpit ABBA rule +1 also.

Don’t know if it is good or bad idea to play twice a week. I have seen that there are many clans that have found difficult to play once a week (or it feels so if the game is always rescheduled).

I don’t like much about the idea to play 2×30 with one map, I would rather play 4×15 or 4×20 with two maps if it is decided to teams play both sides. Winlimit is a definetly a good thing but it is not needed if the rounds are shorter. But if 4×15 or 4×20 are communitys weapon of choice then I would suggest that there would be strict limits in starting new round. Like 5min-10min-5min or 3-7-3 whatever.

I don’t like the idea of 2×30 because I feel that some maps which are not so easy ones to attack the game will endure that 60min and usually those maps are the ones where I myself am bored. I’m not very keen to see 2×30 well or 2×30 2fort (which i didn’t see in the list but you got the point anyway). 2×20 would be enough for this kind of maps, I’m pretty sure that all of you agree with this. Also I like the fact that if your tactics or teamplay don’t work in one map, maybe the other one is more familiar and you have the chance to even the scores in it. It’s shitty if a bad map is chosen for you in a specially important game and that only map is counted when winner is choosed.

I think that 2×30 would work better in smaller mappool, but I do not wish that.

Riemu

element //

you do realise that you wont have time to book 2 spots for etf2l each week, right ?

im not sure how dignitas does his stuff, but its pretty hard already to shedule pcws because tons of team already have “catching up officials” to play for which they didnt have time yet.

lets face it, you dont play an official against even or stronger teams @ 20h cet – and you only have 5 days with 21h cet slots available.

you have ukesa (1) ed league (2) etf2l (3) etf2l cup (4) esl league (5) ems (6) which are popular. wont even mention the other leagues like clanbase and sgl.

those leagues always run parallel or overlap each other by like 2 or 3 weeks.

most of the teams here dont even play esl league (for example cc) cause thes just dont have time for it anymore.

do you really think teams will drop a money sponsoring league like ukesa, ed or ems to play 2 days in etf2l ? i just wanna quote your leader here “Mick: ETF2L? Lets drop this shit league!”

please more, do you really think that the lack of sponsors and prizemoney is due to the low interest that etf2l gets from the tf2 scene? if they dont manage to get sponsors and give out prizemoney with the 7? competitions they are already running and with their constantly increasing amount of teams, they wont have it any better just because teams need to block 2 days every week

this can backfire for everyone. either etf2l forces the teams to play 2 days / week and risk losing several division 1 teams – or all division 1 teams decide to stay in etf2l and use these playdays, which would instantly result in dropping other leagues who already have big sponsors and tf2 competitions (ed / ems / ukesa).

Ino

dp.
dp.

Two games a week would not be a good idea, at least for many clans in lower divisions that only play twice a week anyways, like we do for example. Not everybody is playing pcws 5 days a week.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »