Forum

Unlocks panel

Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 Next »

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

I’m not being elitist at all. I’m saying that I doubt you even play tf2 when you don’t understand how the wrangler works, or when you say that snakewater is not popular and granary is, or when you say Valve directly acted on competitive feedback, or when you need proof for people ragequitting the league because of unlocks, etc etc just talking so much bullshit Kaneco.

Your lack of intelligence is totally different to your lack of skill at tf2, I don’t care what level you play at:
you
are
talking
shit

Actually, I agree with everything kaneco has said; He is a scholar, a gentleman and a generous lover

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

One thing I would like to add now before I go to work is that TF2 has an average of like 40,000 players?

I’m not to sure on the past few seasons of players but if we want TF2 to continue we really have to start tapping into this large player base.

Before TF2 went F2P we had quite a few coverage sites, people uploading guides to MGE and stuff, but since it went F2P we don’t have much content or exposure. Which we really need to start doing.

If we have to allow unlocks I think we should, Highlander is rather popular and it appeals to most pubbers, 6v6 isn’t for everyone but if we want to have something that will appeal to the HL and pubbers to actually play 6v6.

Also, even though Kaneco or w/e his name is has been talking some shit (Some of his points are valid) the SPUF thread is quite a good read on what the general pubber thinks of competitive TF2.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2795616

Last edited by WARHURYEAH,

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Chaplain

He is a scholar, a gentleman and a generous lover

with a big willie

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

If we have to allow unlocks I think we should, Highlander is rather popular and it appeals to most pubbers, 6v6 isn’t for everyone but if we want to have something that will appeal to the HL and pubbers to actually play 6v6.

Where do people keep getting this highlander is booming idea from? When Crasp posted the signups for all seasons, he also included the highlander numbers and those seem to have been swept under the rug in favour of repeating the same conjecture. The cup that ran to capitalise on the f2p movement went to almost 900 teams, but the actual first season only saw ~300 with season 2 actually seeing a decline in signups. I can’t remember the exact figure, but I believe the amount of teams that actually finished season 12 was roughly the same as the amount that finished highlander season 2 (due to the difference in drop rates). The fact that highlander has already seen a decline is pretty worrying.

Given that highlander is comprised of people that either already play 6v6 or with whom it would be very difficult to compromise (mains an “off”class, wants more unlocks than we would allow, wants maps that don’t suit 6v6, wants more players than 6 on each team), what exactly do we expect to gain from making 6v6 more like highlander? The SPUF thread, rather ironically given the point the creator was trying to prove, pretty much suggests that allowing a select few unlocks would do very, very little to bring in a larger crowd.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Vali

[…]
Where do people keep getting this highlander is booming idea from?

UGC

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

UGC

There are ~60 euro teams??

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Vali

[…]

I don’t think we’re talking region specific

Phrozen

?

Quoted from Vali

[…]

closer to 80, although the difference is probably negligible.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

I don’t think we’re talking region specific

We’re talking how to bolster etf2l signups, why would it not be region specific?

And yeah Phrozen, I was just counting teams that hadn’t already dropped but if we’re talking in signups then ~80 is closer to the truth. The point is still it’s far below what etf2l achieves and that’s the example I was using in my original bit.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

I’m not being elitist at all. I’m saying that I doubt you even play tf2 when you don’t understand how the wrangler works, or when you say that snakewater is not popular and granary is, or when you say Valve directly acted on competitive feedback, or when you need proof for people ragequitting the league because of unlocks, etc etc just talking so much bullshit Kaneco.

Your lack of intelligence is totally different to your lack of skill at tf2, I don’t care what level you play at:
you
are
talking
shit

hence the reason why i never bothered to put a reply to him, just not worth my time and keyboard headsmashing.

thoroughly enjoyed this thread though, and chaplain being sooooooooo patient is worth every minute :DDD

Sketch

MM

By the looks of the spur thread, host of the pub community hate elitist attitude of comp players. (especially scouts) so maybe we can just perma mute koeitje somehow. I think that would be the first pr step that we really need to take to gain favour with the pub community.

On a serious note. Most pubbers don’t realise tf2 was designed for 8v8 and 12v12 and not exclusively 12v12. They seem miss informed on classes used. Maybe our high level play needs to focus a bit on spy and sniper and pyro plays when they happen in streams (i don’t mean teams should use them more I mean the stream should follow off class players a bit more)

Has anyone considered that we might be doing it wrong?
I think now is a great time for experimenting. 9v9 it clearly not sustainable for a team its hard enough getting 6 on. But a 7v7 cl1 may be interesting it also creates a bit of uncertainty in class choices. I have also said for a long time that I would love to try this.

Plz ban sniper

I just think its wrong highlighting the pyro and spy plays, seems like giving them false hope when they get to play them 1/30th of the time

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Chaplain

I just think its wrong highlighting the pyro and spy plays, seems like giving them false hope when they get to play them 1/30th of the time

Let them play them. They will realize how bad they are eventually.

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Sketch

By the looks of the spur thread, host of the pub community hate elitist attitude of comp players. (especially scouts) so maybe we can just perma mute koeitje somehow. I think that would be the first pr step that we really need to take to gain favour with the pub community.

On a serious note. Most pubbers don’t realise tf2 was designed for 8v8 and 12v12 and not exclusively 12v12. They seem miss informed on classes used. Maybe our high level play needs to focus a bit on spy and sniper and pyro plays when they happen in streams (i don’t mean teams should use them more I mean the stream should follow off class players a bit more)

Has anyone considered that we might be doing it wrong?
I think now is a great time for experimenting. 9v9 it clearly not sustainable for a team its hard enough getting 6 on. But a 7v7 cl1 may be interesting it also creates a bit of uncertainty in class choices. I have also said for a long time that I would love to try this.

Plz ban sniper

wireplay had a thing for that ages ago, almost nobody ever signed up. on top of that it was kinda boring the few matches I played (2 matches out of 8 teams?????!!)

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Interesting viewpoints expressed here:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/09/wot-i-think-team-fortress-2/

The comments in particular offering a wide spectrum of how TF2 is perceived these days.

Last edited by Admirable,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 Next »