Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 28 Next »

wpminnows

[PG]

Quoted from skeej

this post is pretty much 100% right

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Or you jump back with the combo chasing you. The enemy soldier does a double rocket jump using the wall to close the gap. You aim your rocket launcher at him at the rocket hits him right in the face. The enemy soldier now flies up and you follow up with a second shot. The crowd goes wild while gibs rain down. Your point?

But wait! Even better. You are not a soldier anymore! But a gunslinger frontier justice engineer. And you pew pew pew.

if you hit an airborne soldier in the face chances are he’ll just spike downwards and possibly crater

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from wpminnows

[…]

this post is pretty much 100% right

[…]

if you hit an airborne soldier in the face chances are he’ll just spike downwards and possibly crater

Ok. Then our scout is a gunslinger engineer! The sentry blasts him upwards while the rockets hit him from below! CROWD GOES WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHH

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Can we please introduce this closed discussion forum as soon as possible? I cannot stand these types of replies any longer.

Yes please! Finally no more (or at least a lot less) pointless “discussion” threads that lead exactly nowhere in my list of recent posts!

At least we’re on the same page in that regard.

Sketch

MM

Totally agree with monkey. I would just enjoy the variety that it could add to play. I don’t think that we would loose anything by adding unlocks, only gain.

I also think I should add that the small amount of unlocks that have been suggested are quite old unlocks now. Other newer unlocks need to he suggested, for example most of the soldier rocket launchers are fairlyssimilar to eachother. Quickfix is a bit shit so that’s fine. Fan is nerfed since its ban. Demo unlocks give no real advantage. Basically I can’t think of Many unlocks that are gamebreaking these days.

Some are a little op maybe but I think the list of unlocks I would allow in the league myself would be a lot longer than the list I would ban.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Lock n load is imba as fuck. DERP 1 SHOT SCOUT EZ.

Kaneco

Quoted from Koeitje

Lock n load is imba as fuck. DERP 1 SHOT SCOUT EZ.

Half the ammo capacity and the lack of spam ability severely hurts the demo role, I figured it would be pretty good for situational plays tho, like destroying a sentry or picking a low medic from a range, but then again, the pipe launcher does this same things as efficiently or more without hindering spam ability.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Half the ammo capacity and the lack of spam ability severely hurts the demo role, I figured it would be pretty good for situational plays tho, like destroying a sentry or picking a low medic from a range, but then again, the pipe launcher does this same things as efficiently or more without hindering spam ability.

This clearly shows you don’t understand anything in this game. I’m not even going to bother to tear your arguments to shreds.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Monkeh

I think maybe the word strat or tactic is maybe too strong a word for what I mean, maybe I mean ‘situational play’ instead.

Consider a fictional granary mid fight where you got gunboats and your scouts have boston basher…it goes wrong and you lose 3 to there 1, but you, your medic and a scout get out alive. As you’re retreating through yard, on low health but getting healed, you see the stupid enemy combo having a look at yard left side…you’re on 90 health or so and the scout is with you. If you were vanilla soldier you’d all just back up and we’d have that massive stalemate that granary is famous for. With BB and GB though, you decide that leaving the medic alone with the BB scout is OK as you wont lose uber building and the fact your low health isn’t too bad as you’ve got enough to make a rocket jump and take some splash from the pocket…BOOM, off you go, ‘Jumpin’ med’ you call as your medic and scout back off, building uber as they go. You take down the medic with your daring and unlock inspired play, the crowd goes wild and you win the game.

Just 1 thing my feeble brain came up with as I was testing the eyes of some poor fool a few minutes ago…bet there’s loads more plays on loads more maps that others with less feeble frontal lobes will fathom in the fullness of time.

Except in the situation you describe (3 down, sol/scout/med retreating from mid) it would be silly to sacrifice the class strongest at defending the med (sol doesnt just build uber he’s still a better pocket than a bbscout because of splash damage). If you had to sacrifice anyone in that situation to gain an advantage it would be the scout who is more likely to pull off a succesfull flank to either force an uber or kill the med.

Also the dropdown path prevents sollies from smoothly jumping to the other yard (you cant pass over the drop down tube so you cant really get height advantage).

Not saying there is no merit to what you’re saying but it’s a bad example :P

rytis

PrettyGay

but you should get punished for going ape shit on mid and loose the uber building capabilieties tbh, now its like your roll them on mid with lets say a medic+scout left and if you are fast enough of caping for example spire you can push last without them having uber but with the basher you’d no longer have that:(

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from herpderp

Not saying there is no merit to what you’re saying but it’s a bad example :P

Of course it’s a bad example…it’s one of mine, but I’m glad you got the point.

Kaneco

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

This clearly shows you don’t understand anything in this game. I’m not even going to bother to tear your arguments to shreds.

Thanks for your valuable contribution to this matter and this thread, you are certainly a key stone in this community.

NoJu

8D

I don’t quite understand why you should be ALLOWED build uber without soldiers using the BB. If you lose both soldiers, then you don’t get to build uber. It’s a trade off. Why should we remove part of the punishment of losing your sollies?

Sketch

MM

Quoted from NoJu

I don’t quite understand why you should be ALLOWED build uber without soldiers using the BB. If you lose both soldiers, then you don’t get to build uber. It’s a trade off. Why should we remove part of the punishment of losing your sollies?

Why do you case you only play sniper or spy anyway :D so your flank is nerfed thus balancing the Bb! :D

It’s really more of a case of deciding weather or not that is totally game breaking. Imo its not so I would just let it go. That’s my stance on most weapons really. Rather than analysing what the weapon changes or possible strats that could pop up its better to analyse it from the perspective of how .gamebreaing it is . Otherwise ylit will simply take forever to decide on how valid each weapon is.

I really hope we can be easy goning and let a lot of unlocks in rather than just a few.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

Why do you case you only play sniper or spy anyway :D so your flank is nerfed thus balancing the Bb! :D

What?

Sketch

MM

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

What?

i was taking the piss! but phone hijacked me with predictive text

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 28 Next »