Forum

Unlocks panel

Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 28 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from NoJu

I don’t quite understand why you should be ALLOWED build uber without soldiers using the BB. If you lose both soldiers, then you don’t get to build uber. It’s a trade off. Why should we remove part of the punishment of losing your sollies?

I made an almost exact copy of this post only a few weeks ago. Then I thought, where in any rule set does it say that sollies have to be the ones that build uber? It’s how the game is played, doesn’t mean it’s a rule. Should we punish those that make the demo use his nades?

Rule 4 ii b) Only soldiers are allowed to hurt themselves to help build uber. Any player found deliberately hurting themselves to aid in an uber build shall be punished with a minor warning. This includes any scout taking fall damage on purpose.

You posted earlier that no minds are being changed, well I’m afraid that I am a living example of one such attitude swing.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from NoJu

I don’t quite understand why you should be ALLOWED build uber without soldiers using the BB. If you lose both soldiers, then you don’t get to build uber. It’s a trade off. Why should we remove part of the punishment of losing your sollies?

Yeah this is an argument I like to wheel out when picking fights on unlocks threads, but it really quite arbitrary. I get the feeling that using self damage to build uber was emergent gameplay as opposed to a design decision from Valve.

They gave the medic double charge rate to encourage them to heal and buff the entire team (particularly those in combat) as opposed to overhealing one player, but we chose to exploit it to artificially build ubers faster. So really I’m not too tied to the idea that scouts should not be allowed to build charge.

Honestly, I don’t give a flying fuck about unlocks either way I just love to cross keyboard swords and play devils advocate on these delightful threads. I fully expect we will see at least a few unlocks in EU 6v6 come September, and that’s cool with me cos I’ll still smash all the same fucking scrubs. BOOYA!

Last edited by Admirable,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

I made an almost exact copy of this post only a few weeks ago. Then I thought, where in any rule set does it say that sollies have to be the ones that build uber? It’s how the game is played, doesn’t mean it’s a rule. Should we punish those that make the demo use his nades?

Rule 4 ii b) Only soldiers are allowed to hurt themselves to help build uber. Any player found deliberately hurting themselves to aid in an uber build shall be punished with a minor warning. This includes any scout taking fall damage on purpose.

You posted earlier that no minds are being changed, well I’m afraid that I am a living example of one such attitude swing.

If you take that approach to all unlocks then there is no point against any of them. Because why shouldn’t a heavy be able to run to mid at medic speed and arrive with 450 hp? It doesn’t say anywhere in the rules that he shouldn’t be able to so why not?

Last edited by herpderp,

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

If you take that approach to all unlocks then there is no point against any of them. Because why shouldn’t a heavy be able to run to mid at medic speed and arrive with 450 hp? It doesn’t say anywhere in the rules that he shouldn’t be able to so why not?

Its different though, that IS gamebreaking.

Monkeh

Yeah what Mercy said really. The heavy IS designed to be fat and slow. That’s on purpose.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Monkeh

Yeah what Mercy said really. The heavy IS designed to be fat and slow. That’s on purpose.

but the scout isnt designed to damage himself

Last edited by rytis,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from rytis

[…]
but the scout isnt designed to damage himself

No, the idea behind scout’s design is that he’s a glass jet cannon. Nobody says he cannot fly into walls, guns blazing.

Ghostface

spire

The Medic wasn’t designed to get 25% ubercharge off of melee hits either. Neither was the Medic designed to be able to give his allies 100% critical chance for 10 seconds.

Kaneco

Honestly the so overused “original design” argument really lacks any substancial power…

Ok, we get it, things have a original design, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t adapt or change to the circumstances it goes through. Nothing in this life is stationary and if you think a competitive game of this nature with usually such a short lifespan is going to be so, then you are extremely wrong and I am sorry that you think that way.

And about the heavy GRU, won’t this debuff make it extremely less viable and thus a bit more balanced and able to be used in 6v6? Haven’t played much with it either as heavy is my least played class.

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

I made an almost exact copy of this post only a few weeks ago. Then I thought, where in any rule set does it say that sollies have to be the ones that build uber?

Exactly, Monkeh, you are proof that these threads really do something and can serve a purpose, I remember discussing with you not even 2 weeks ago about unlocks from different sides of the “barricade”, you were extremely skeptic about unlocks, and after some posts back and forth and the decreasing numbers on the league were disclosed you opened up to another perspective and thinking differently. That’s why I think this can be an healthy discussion and really work towards the better of our scene, at least if all the trolls and elitist kind of posts are ignored or removed.

Last edited by Kaneco,

AnimaL

go play with ur unlocks in ur own league, stop arguing with ppl who know better

Monkeh

Quoted from AnimaL

go play with ur unlocks in ur own league, stop arguing with ppl who know better

I shall play TF2 in whichever league I like. I shall also play TF2 with or without unlocks.

I would also like to point out that your attitude is laughable. I’ve had conversations with people who have played at the highest level all over the world, via email, steam and forum posts.

A lot of the views, opinions and points of view I’m presenting in this thread are either directly stolen from, or influenced by those, ‘ppl who know better’.

Your level of arrogance is seriously impressive.

AnimaL

Your “idea” that unlocks will help TF2 is laughable, so is this whole topic

Kaneco

Quoted from AnimaL

Your “idea” that unlocks will help TF2 is laughable, so is this whole topic

I have come across people in the LoL community with more common sense and education than you, and that’s saying a lot.

And your notion that a community doesn’t function a whole but instead relies on a bunch players like yourself is what is really laughable and somewhat very sad.

Last edited by Kaneco,

AnimaL

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
I have come across people in the LoL community with more common sense and education than you, and that’s saying a lot.

So, when are you going to realise ur trying to revive a dieing game by spliting the community even more?

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

And your notion that a community doesn’t function a whole but instead relies on a bunch players like yourself is what is really laughable and somewhat very sad.

allow unlocks and you’ll see this game die before the season which allowed unlocks ends :]

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 28 Next »