Forum

The Original - Skin or Unlock

Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:59

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 Next »

Kortz

.:ne:.

Quoted from laerin

What minimoose said and Kortz, the medlocks are still unlocks, so you can’t use that argument against it. And judging it based on that is pointless, (as I’ve said multiple times), it removes an unecessary aspect of the game and makes things fairer throughout the map.
The rest of the unlocks on the hand all add something (usually not for the better) and are like the angled projectile, unecessary.

Someone should just force Valve to have it optionable like the left/right thing and have the original just as a reskin if it’ll make all the whining stop. If they did that, would everyone still be against allowing it? It wouldn’t be an unlock anymore but it does the same thing.

It’s just a stupid argument to use.

You know that vanilla means medlocks too laerin D: And yes I dont actually care about it, by all means allow it then, I even have one myself. I just find it silly how people scream for vanilla and that tf2 will die if it isn’t and stuff and then something new comes out that doesn’t really change anything and people think it’s okay. How about the new heayv knuckles? They honestly dont change jack shit since no heavy uses melee anyway and the dps is pretty much the same afaik, why don’t we allow them too?

steve

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

This. It’s not “it’s an unlock!” that vanillalovers argue, it’s that 99% of the unlocks are simply fucktarded.

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

This. It’s not “it’s an unlock!” that vanillalovers argue, it’s that 99% of the unlocks are simply fucktarded.

Simonine

Quoted from Tehgnarr

[…]

how is center to floor further away then right side to floor?

welp, i look bottom right to rocketjump, not underneath me, otherwise i’d look like a total imbecile and get quad airshotted

steve

if i knew how to make that message bigger and bolder i would

Kortz

Quoted from Tehgnarr

[…]

how is center to floor further away then right side to floor?

In the same way you angle yourself to the left when pogoing up walls, makes the rocket come out closer to center of mass.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I think Kortz’ point is that there are a few unlocks out now which would fit into competitive play (albeit you only admit to there being 1%). Instead of having countless threads arguing about which ones should be allowed and which should be banned, there was just a clearly defined line; vanilla and medlocks allowed, nothing else.
Now the same people who argued for all unlocks being banned want an unlock allowed. Despite it having only minor changes, this is still redefining a line which was set for ease.

Kortz

Quoted from Sideshow

I think Kortz’ point is that there are a few unlocks out now which would fit into competitive play (albeit you only admit to there being 1%). Instead of having countless threads arguing about which ones should be allowed and which should be banned, there was just a clearly defined line; vanilla and medlocks allowed, nothing else.
Now the same people who argued for all unlocks being banned want an unlock allowed. Despite it having only minor changes, this is still redefining a line which was set for ease.

Precisely, it just seems silly. I mean people we’re so convinced vanilla was the way to go and now because there’s a new unlock that’s the new fad it’s suddenly okay and I mean it doesn’t change too much so I guess it’s okay? Well there’s other weapons that doesn’t change to much are they okay too? Start allowing some and you have to take a look at the others and cause another shitstir when you could just keep it simple.

Edit, your avatar still scares me D:

Last edited by Kortz,

Ordinator

tuhi

Until valve fixes sound issues it should be banned.
And LOL@ITSUNLOCKBANIT, then we should ban medlocks, its unlocks right? Who cares that it adds something cool to the game BAN IT, ITS AN UNLOCK, WE WANT VANILLA!!!1

Kortz

Quoted from Ordinator

Until valve fixes sound issues it should be banned.
And LOL@ITSUNLOCKBANIT, then we should ban medlocks, its unlocks right? Who cares that it adds something cool to the game BAN IT, ITS AN UNLOCK, WE WANT VANILLA!!!1

You know vanilla basically means medlocks too right? Or do I have to spell it out for the billionth time? And adds something cool to the game? Come on… A new sound? Let’s not be remtards

Enef

fest
#wubafan

This discussion makes me lose even more faith in the community than usual, especially the way some idiots are just like “Oh i love it, nobanplz” without actually even thinking about it.

(ps. I like the new sniper rifle, can we allow that too?)

Kortz

Precisely enef, there actually have to be some thought behind it

Ripple

Just vanilla and allow reskins, this is practically a reskin that fires from the center (more a question of how you like it). And it’s so easy to craft, so just allow it and don’t discuss about it for years.

just my opinion, i don’t really care if it’s allowed or not. On the other hand all those people screaming for vanilla now wanting unlocks seems strange for me.
I’ll just go with what the majority wants, because i just want to play the game i like ;)

Last edited by Ripple,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Ban it.
Gotta stay consistent :>

AnimaL

oh man, all the new strats we will miss if we ban this op weapon

Azured

eureka

I remember when people were clamoring for valve to fix the rocket launcher so it would shoot from the middle instead of off center (long before left hand models were introduced). Now it took a while, but valve finally got around to doing it, and now people want to ban it?

I was under the impression that the whole vanilla + medlocks movement was a response to shitty unlocks from valve, but when they finally go a head and make a good one, that the competitive community has been wanting for a long time, we simply refer to our “no new unlock” policy, as if we are refusing to even consider implementing valve’s work, just because they screwed up in the past.

Center firing weapons were discussed, before the introduction of unlocks (even the medics), and as such, the concept that the original repressents is even older than the medlocks. It’s practically the only unlock the competitive community has been asking for ever (we didn’t ask for medlocks, valve just made something that actually worked).

I didn’t play quake, so for me this doesn’t really matter (I’m more used to a right firing rocketlauncher), but it still seems silly to me that there would even be anyone who would actually ban it.

Last edited by Azured,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 Next »