Forum

i49

Created 27th February 2013 @ 14:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

How are the rental PCs? I’d be taking too much drink without the additional burden of a computer to drag down there.

You can’t bring alcohol into the international centre, so i wouldn’t bring too much of it unless you like drinking outside!

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Enef

[…]

You can’t bring alcohol into the international centre, so i wouldn’t bring too much of it unless you like drinking outside!

That’s discrimatory against Scots. Don’t they know it’s a legal requirement for us to carry at least 40 units of alcohol at all times?

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

How are the rental PCs? I’d be taking too much drink without the additional burden of a computer to drag down there.

They are good, I’ve been to 2 events with rental PC’s, the first two were shockingly organised, they didn’t know where the PC’s were, we had a PC that nobody had seen before, they crashed, and we had to get in total around 2 replacements each time.

This time they were actually organised, they had a system in place with receipts and everyone knew the location of deposits (they lost my deposit last time), the PC’s were slightly better but mine still stuttered, crashed and drop frames, my girlfriends PC ran fine so it was just a hiccup.

In short, as the organisation has improved it’s pretty decent, but from my past experience always expect something to go wrong.

Should probably mention, they had one guy in charge of rentals that did a very good job , the previous times as I mentioned, nobody had a clue about what the procedure was whereas he had tabs on everything.

Last edited by WARHURYEAH,

ash

(Legend)
:D

My rental PC was perfectly fine, ran without issues with an FPS cfg. Their orga was still quite the mess, I got my PC without a deposit and had to go their counter multiple times getting every single item I needed; they were quite helpful though and provided with all the stuff you might need, even went out of their way to provide a threeway (the cable thingy…). As far as I could see no-one had real issues with their PCs apart from some hiccups, but that’s probably a per case issue.

Also, if you are British and/or have a way of relatively easily transporting your own PC – do it. The rental PCs are limited in number and there’s always people that actually do NEED them for transport reason – looking at everyone getting there by plane etc

Ace

Quoted from Enef

[…]

TF2 steps!

there will be around 10-20 of the Team Awesome community going. we are currently debating over whether getting a clan box or not. A few of us, having been to past i series, think that it would take away from the experience. Does anyone have any experience of the clan boxes and whether they are better/worse?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Clan Box’s are terrible! Join the rabble in the hall for the best atmosphere!

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

They were quite cramped before and temperature regulation sucked (our air con was broken). I suspect they’ve fixed the latter and we just got unlucky.

I think they also made the boxes to fit fewer people so it might not be so bad. It is good for communities, you can actually talk to someone more than a seat away and pretty much all your noise is yours.

It does isolate you though, and with a community then it’s pretty easy to feel like you don’t even need to go into the hall. It would be a very different experience, I think. I didn’t really reckon it was worth the extra money though, the old Newbury ones were much better and things were sectioned anyway. You just kinda…miss the rest of the LAN at Telford.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

could run tf2 on lowest res and fps cfg at about 60 fps, monitor had a huge scratch right acroos my ingame x-hair but i guess i just got unlucky, good service from multiplay staff though

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Thanks for the info.

I’m hoping to find a cheap/re-purposed ThinkPad or something along those lines so I don’t need to rent a computer, as I would probably be getting the train down there.

Am I correct in assuming you have to sit in a designated area for rentals? Does this include monitors if you have a laptop and want to hire a monitor down there? I know this info is probably on the Multiplay website but the i49 portal isn’t live yet I don’t think.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

The PC rental system has been improved a lot due to feedback from previous events so thats not a problem.

advice to everyone!
BOOK TICKETS NOW!!! They are much much cheaper at present, when you do this book a rental pc if you need it as they are limited and you’ll have to scrounge one of someone otherwise. Even if you don’t know anyone, even if you dont have a team, BOOK NOW! :]]. I will be on hand to help you find a team and everyone in the TF2 community is awesome so no need to worry about not knowing anyone.

CU @ TF2 Steps.

Also i just saw a video on youtube of 30 TF2 people stuck up a massive enclosed play park slide singing happy birthday to Poop, totally forgot that happened! CU@TF2 SLIDE.

The usual Official threads will be up shortly! From my calculations I49 is going to be Bigger than I46, with actual realistic prospects we will have both Americans and Australians! This may be one of TF2’s last Hurrahs on a grand scale of things so if you’ve ever thought about going to lan come to this one!! Lets make it huuuuge and ride the hype train.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Booked yesterday, the 30% is pretty decent. How do i become a Gold Member? Is that >10 LANS or something. Anyways, buzzing! Was disapointed at the level of drinking at i46, hoping some real drinkers come this time.

Last edited by Coleman,

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Yo, trying to book this on earliest bird. When I click the link, it takes me back to the i48 page?

never mind, you have to click the image
aadurrdurr

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Coleman

…hoping some real drinkers come this time.

o/

caeli

#T4F

I booked yesterday as well!
Getting hyped by the teams and my first time going to LAN!

Last edited by caeli,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »