i49

Created 27th February 2013 @ 14:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Coleman

Was disapointed at the level of drinking at i46, hoping some real drinkers come this time.

Harsh…

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Coleman

Booked yesterday, the 30% is pretty decent. How do i become a Gold Member? Is that >10 LANS or something. Anyways, buzzing! Was disapointed at the level of drinking at i46, hoping some real drinkers come this time.

Gold is after attending 8 events (so you get the free EAS from the 9th event onwards)

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Nymthae

[…]

Gold is after attending 8 events (so you get the free EAS from the 9th event onwards)

Thank you

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
Harsh…

Fair though to be honest. Just 4 of us on the sunday :/

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Coleman

Was disapointed at the level of drinking at i46, hoping some real drinkers come this time.

Toby vs. Coleman 2013

Black_Bob

[DA]

Just booked my ticket to I49 :D

How good are the uni accommodations?

Like, I need a proper feedback from someone who slept there. Also, how quickly do people book them? Because I’ll probably book it just before summer.

Last edited by Reservoir Dog,

Trane

Drink, rawr.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

How good are the uni accommodations?

Like, I need a proper feedback from someone who slept there. Also, how quickly do people book them? Because I’ll probably book it just before summer.

Worst parts:
It’s a taxi ride away, or a shuttle bus in normal hours (free). You can walk it which I think some people have but it’s a bit of a pain.
Curtains are thin, light gets in easy in the morning then. Any sort of sleeping mask/pillow over your face can sort that though (or get up, there’s TF2 to be won).
I think the pillow was a bit rubbish, can’t remember if there was another though but meh, it did the job.

Better:
Shower is good.
Own room, so more privacy than sharing a hotel room.
Reasonable cost.

There’s a premier inn near the train station, which between three of you works out a tiny bit cheaper than the uni accom, it’s usually a double bed + single though so how comfortable you are as 3 guys with that…
The premier inn is a 15 min walk, fairly nice really and it goes by ASDA which is handy in the morning for picking up bits.
Premier inn bed is nicer but I found the uni accom one to be fine.

The uni accom to my knowledge doesn’t fill up that quickly really, so chances are you’ll be fine to book it much later on, where as the price of any hotels tends to go up as you get closer/more rooms are booked.

Taxi to premier inn was around ~£4 in the day, not sure at night as I always walked but maybe add a couple of quid. Taxi to uni accom was something like £7-8 (~3am sort). Someone might have a more accurate cost for the latter as that was last year.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Booked my hotel room for this last week

fuck the uni accommodation.

Buttnose

The uni accommodation I stayed in at i43 was fine, single bed, good shower, desk and a wardrobe. I booked my room the day before LAN with no trouble, the place looked half empty in fact. Theres a bus that goes to/from the venue every half hour or so, although I found myself getting a taxi back every night as the bus service ended earlier than I’d have liked. Including taxis the uni accommodation was probably nearly as expensive as a hotel room and not nearly as convenient, or as funny as camping.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

uni is great, walking is fine, its only like 30 minutes and it helps you sober up!

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Uni is good, beds are good, shower was good. That’s all you need a hotel room for. Taxi is dirt cheap, and can be called for automatically through a taxiphone in the lobby of the uni campus (you just pick up the phone, press a button, and a taxi arrives within a few minutes, I don’t think it was ever more than 3 minutes). I’m fairly sure it was cheaper than 7-8 pounds like Nymthae indicated. I always arrived/left with multiple people so that way it barely costs anything anyway.

Last edited by skeej,

FIR

SnG

Indoor sleeping area ftw, a tenner for the whole weekend giving me <1 min travel time to the hall, my personal sleeping space and a wonderful security guard chatting me about catching people selling acid/MDMA at lan

Fallen

TC

Quoted from skeej

Uni is good, beds are good, shower was good. That’s all you need a hotel room for. Taxi is dirt cheap, and can be called for automatically through a taxiphone in the lobby of the uni campus (you just pick up the phone, press a button, and a taxi arrives within a few minutes, I don’t think it was ever more than 3 minutes). I’m fairly sure it was cheaper than 7-8 pounds like Nymthae indicated. I always arrived/left with multiple people so that way it barely costs anything anyway.

Cost me £4.80 each way. Dirt cheap especially if you split it between 4 of you.

Skyride

DUCS

I went with uni accom at i46 and it was ok.You get what you pay for really. I walked it plenty of timeswith waebi and neither of us really minded (but then again i walk a lot and waebi is in the amy so its probably not saying a lot.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »