Forum

What does everyone think about cp_steel

Created 12th March 2014 @ 20:41

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

Max

Fusion

The strange thing about steel is it seems like a stalematey type of a map but teams usually cap E in like 5-6 minutes. Pretty strange if you ask me.

Kaneco

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

yeah uhh

Why did you omit one of the most important parts of my post?

“not to talk about that only the fact that its really narrow it doesn’t let you make use of the solly mobility and one of its main skills which is jumping. ”

It’s a trade-off of better spam ability for mobility, it still doesn’t make it a soldier-friendly map

quell

UbeR |

i hate how strong ks hold is on 2nd.. otherwise the map is AWESOME

it’s even better when you don’t stand around with your dick in your hand and play the game FAST.

Last edited by quell,

Blooddrunk

Nein

I was skeptical first but after the first games I kinda like it.

Selek

Dr. med.

Teams are starting to figure out how the map can be played. I have seen some great strategies so far, I’m sure more will come.

As for Soldier: Point D might be the only point where you can hardly jump, the others are alright, but not great. I think the banners are used way too rarely, I expect that to rise a bit in the future, especially on this map.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

It’s always been a personal favorite of mine, so I’m glad people are finally opening up to it.

konr

I’m calling it a soldier friendly map because there are a lot of close quarters spaces and obviously a soldier will excel in places like that.

Pistolvania

I disliked it a lot up until this season, but now after heavily practicing it with competent people, it is really fun. Also a great sniper map, every point you’re as untouchable as Upward last, except A.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I’m new to it, but seems like an excellent map with lots of depth and subtlety.

I’ve always been a fan of the map. It’s basically like Gravelpit when it comes to team play and tactics, but completely opposite when you compare the layout of those two maps.

Good to see the map finally gets the well deserved praise. Somehow I feel the last finals between ks and Highpander showed what can be done on that map.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
Why did you omit one of the most important parts of my post?

“not to talk about that only the fact that its really narrow it doesn’t let you make use of the solly mobility and one of its main skills which is jumping. ”

It’s a trade-off of better spam ability for mobility, it still doesn’t make it a soldier-friendly map

who needs mobility when you can hold an entire flank 1v3

i mean my point here is that this is pretty much the best soldier map in the whole game cause its the least luck/execution reliant and more about “i was told i stand here and to equip black box, now i am invincible”.

if thats not soldier friendly then honestly i dont know what is, just learn to contain your adhd and stand in one place, thats what i did and (almost) carried itsallgood to victory in last seasons semifinals.

just learn to deal with shit instead of complaining how ur usual style doesnt work, you usually end up becoming a better player that way

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]
shut up nerd, you’re not even playing

fuck you im making a spectacular comeback after not quitting really soon

Last edited by Muuki,

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

MUUKI PLEASE COME BACK.

Spike Himself

TC

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/qyk9d/cp_steel/

yak

DUBSTEP
Gungaginga

I really like cp_steel. It rewards a good combination of DM, teamwork, positioning and strategies. I reckon it kinda blows for classes like sniper and spy, but for every other class it seems pretty good

Sepu

(Kovein)
0fo

It’s decent.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »