Forum

Your Clan TF2 Suggestions for Valve - Important!

Created 25th February 2009 @ 09:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 16 Next »

Arnold

DAKKA

“Have the sniper no scope not shooting 100% in middle of the screen, dead on xhair ;/”

get a clue shifty, we don’t need any more random shit in this game.
Just fix the crosshair bug an it’ll be fine again.

Rele

Fix snipers having noscope xhairs when using a custom one or give them a noscope xhair when using the standard one.

AnAkkk

No need to fix that. Then people will just start putting some thing in the middle of their screen, this won’t change anything. It’s fine to have a crosshair.

eoN^

Fix it so when you shoot a demomans grenade (primary weapon) it doesnt explode into pieces of sticky bombs…

lupus

rhs
RHS

#Class changes
Soldier: slightly increase direct hit damage or reduce damage reduction over distance

#Game changes
Add coaching function for comp. play.
Add speclock (lock own team from spectators or allow spectating via invite only)

Akill

TBH i think some people are overshooting the scope of this. Valve arnt asking us for random gameplay suggestions. But how valve can support us in 6v6 mode, to help us refine our own gameplay.

But that in itself is a difficult task, i have however a list of ‘utility’ type requests Moslty focusing around the SPECTATOR end of e-sports. A maximized spectator experience is crucial for a large audience to be invovled in watching competitive play.

1. ability to make server/stv play a .dem file, so that people can join server and in groups spectate demos, give someone the ability to join as a ‘camerman’ for other spectators to watch. This will be such an awesome feature for tf2 clans, and could even promote leagues to play ‘live recordings’ of previous league matches, idk.

2. When in spectator mode server/STV. have the option to set transparency for some walls. This would be great as the only thing in my opinion missing from spectating a match is not being able to see the entire effort put forth by a team. Teamplays and fantastic co-ordination is now watchable from a better position. I.e. seeing how all of middle point granary fights, without having crates obscure vision. Or seeing how a team defends the cp2 and the garage. This is also a INCREDIBLY useful feature if you are shoutcasting.

3. also Make rooftops invisible/transparent for spectator mode. Then fly-by top down views would be much more useful.

4.Make a top-down view-type for spectator mode like we have in CSS. This can also in-corporate symbols representing player class.

5. be able to toggle on and off an ability to show the health status of every player (floating above their head perhaps) when in specator/STV. The health status of various players is an important concept of TF2 competitive play

6. be able to toggle on and off an ability to show the Ubercharge status of every medic in play whilst in spectator mode. again, floating above their head.

7. Be able to set camera positions and angles through a console command. This would be an amazing feature for shoutcasters/cameramen as they could bind keys to a set of camera options. Instantly changing say how they view a point. Buttons could then be bound to any customizable viewpoint they could wish whilst in spectator mode. More complex binds could be set so that you could even use your num pad to map out camera points around CP’s for instance

7.left door into cp spot 8. front spot looking into cp 9. right door into cp
4. left side camera 5. top down view right above cp 6. right view of cp
1. etc 2. etc 3. etc

Then you could have – and + switching to next or previous CP’s

Using this method a cameraman could for instance, switch from his badlands cp3 setup, to viewing cp2. and then press button 6 to view the house next to spire. he could press 3 to see the second resupply and bridge to house. he could press 1 to look from the left balcony, he could press 5 to oveerlook the whole spire area, he could press 2 to see the lobby area just behind the balcony. Then when spire is capped press – to go straight to Cp1 camera setup ETC

This would be an invaluable feature and its the one i want the most. I could easily spectate an entire tf2 6v6 match with just this method alone, however also having the other points mentioned would make spectating a tf2 match the most enjoyable spectator experience ever.

Also if this feature suggested by hopex is included http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/hopex/mockup2.htm/hopex/. I think it would be perfect to be honest.

Bjuo

“Try to fix a STV-mod that supports older demos instead?”
would be very complicated if it’s even possible

minimizing the amount of update really doesn’t require anything (ie the stickies update on 16.2 could be delayed till 24.2 so u have 1 demo-breaking update instead of 2)

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

In the game i played before tf2 (action quake 2.. old as heck..) there was a brilliant function in the matchmode (equivalent to tf2s tournament_mode).

A team could have a number of substitutes, this would allow a team to have additional players on the server, who could only spec.. and only spec their own team. And players could freely switch from playing and being benched. Using this, subsitutes could easily be made if a player lags out or isnt playing his best game, also it makes it more fun for the clan members who arent in the lucky 6 to play to be able to spec the game without delay.

A completely different feature is the feedback of instant hit weapons, i would like the opposing player to bleed more, or scream louder or similar to be able to judge how good the hit actually was. I am sure most of us have shot a player 1-2 times with a shotgun and calling that he was low on health, only to realize you hit nothing but air once you see his health in the kill-shot-cam-thingie-dingie.

Bear with my crappy grammar as i just played an ukesa-game and had to deal with my fair share of “match whiskys”

beta

RaWr ::

I have one !

When using fastswitch the weapon icon also appears on the right of the screen, as it does usually when selecting slot1 , slot2 etc via keys :) (useful for us / those that use drawviewmodel 0)

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Best suggestions so far that I think have a chance of happening:

1. Bring back the -equip command. Without it, changing weapons is hugely slow, and as a result, doesn’t happen much.

2. Optimise multi-core / multi-thread support

3. Sturmis’ att – def – def – att round format in stopwatch mode.

4. More 5 point competitive maps

5. Sturmis’ idea to create a button linked to a STV if one is on the server

6. Fix demos – allow old ones to work, more advanced/updated/better optimised features for editing

7. Mole’s map location names

8. Most of Akill’s suggestions (OMG they’re actually good :P), including:
– Being able to play a demo on a server, so people can connect and watch demos at exactly the same time, with 1 person being the ‘camera man’ to control who is spec’d etc
– Alternate views in spec (top down etc)
– Be able to toggle on/off every player’s health – possibly like hopex’s suggestion, or have them floating above player’s heads
– Be able to bind keys to specific camera positions, to enable rapid changing of camera angles

9. Sajh’s suggestion to allow players to join a server, but ‘sit on the bench’, able to join at any second, but not pass on any information to players participating in the game

These are all selected because, as far as I know, they wouldn’t be *impossible* to implement, but reflect the slightly different requirements competitive players have for the game. There are no class specific changes here, because I think Valve would be against changing anything that differs fundamental game aspects to the pub community. I don’t think any of the class changes are actually needed anyway. Plus, it would just increase the divide between pub/comp.

Hope these can get implemented, would be absolutely awesome if they did, and would show Valve really do care about the competitive element.

frooker

“A team could have a number of substitutes, this would allow a team to have additional players on the server, who could only spec.. and only spec their own team. And players could freely switch from playing and being benched. Using this, subsitutes could easily be made if a player lags out or isnt playing his best game, also it makes it more fun for the clan members who arent in the lucky 6 to play to be able to spec the game without delay.”

Sounds very useful, good idea.

“When using fastswitch the weapon icon also appears on the right of the screen, as it does usually when selecting slot1 , slot2 etc via keys :) (useful for us / those that use drawviewmodel 0)”

But please with an option to turn it off, too. :>

indey

-[S2L]

“I have one !

When using fastswitch the weapon icon also appears on the right of the screen, as it does usually when selecting slot1 , slot2 etc via keys :) (useful for us / those that use drawviewmodel 0)”

Put this optional, and add optional small current weapon icon somewhere low and middle of the screen.
And animate that icon so you can see how much it will take to reload the next shot to your weapon.
Add a slider in options to adjust the size of that icon.

Grem

rEJ
TG

That’s the Coach ability that many comp FPSs use. UT2k4 used it in their pro mod utcomp and it was pretty slick.

wooj

-HH-

symmetrical maps please

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

waebi is right

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 16 Next »