Created 3rd February 2009 @ 01:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 16 Next »

Renegade

Imperial

Would it take long?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Pff come on, what self respecting demoman is going to admit their class is overpowered :p
Moar rockets for soliders!!!/1/!

Renegade

Imperial

Byte admitted it not long ago ^^

Funkeh

DStM

I think that at close range, the ability to almost certainly insta-kill a scout at most ranges > being able to two shot them if lucky :)

AnAkkk

I tested the damage. It is almost the same as TFTrue, except that some damages values seem to not be the same (point blank range scattergun with TFTrue : 100 dmg, with the new cvar, 104 dmg), but that might be because of the damage range they changed.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Fragga, Stickies are meant to be det in the air (not all the time)… they have this thing called a charge up… it’s used to fire long range shots at people, like camping snipers or sentry guns…. Are you saying a demoman should only be able to lay stickies at your feet? that’s very noobish…

The charge up is hardly meant to lay traps at long distances away from you. It would take about 60 seconds to lay an 8 sticky trap at the maximum charge range. Who would want to spend 60 seconds laying a trap? Nobody. So why would they have stickies travel so far? Why would they have a charge up that no one would ever use (the upper end of it)? It’s because it IS used like a rocket launcher.

You didn’t make the game dude, in other team fortress games, the demoman was always able to detonate his pipe bombs in mid air, though there was a delay on how fast he could do it…………. OH WAIT? the same delay exists in TF2! Oh my how rare??

Fact is, demomen ARE the most versitile class in the game which is one of the reasons why we limited them to 1 in competitive matches. That doesn’t mean that is shouldn’t be so versitile.

Oh, and if demoman is so overpowered and easy, and you are so talented… Why not play demoman and become the best in Europe? I’d really love to see you play the class and realise it’s harder than A, B, Spam. Surely you can carry your quake grenade aim over, or hell, if stickies are so much like rockets, you can just use your rocket aim!

Ta da!

Scouts kill Demomen
Demomen kill heavies
Heavies kill scouts

Soldiers protect medic
Do your job and shuttup ;)

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

word arx, word.

agron

Relic

And Arx has it.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

And yes Tapley, demomen are overpowered….. but so is the enemy demoman…. balance much?

If you choose not to run a demoman, will you win?
Well, probably not…. does this mean he’s overpowered?

If you choose not to run a medic, will you win?
No. Does this mean he is overpowered?

Fact is, a medic keeps the team alive, if he dies, your team play is significantly weakened. Demoman is your team’s highest damage per second class. If he dies your team play is significantly weakened.
Soldiers have one of the most accurate close-mid range weapons of all classes. They also have resonable HP and are able to absorb a significant amount of spam. For this reason, they are great protection classes. If anything comes in for an assasination attempt, the soldiers normally deal with it. They can also juggle players around which means a hit player is often a dead player. If a soldier dies, your teamates protection significantly decreases, as well as your pushing power (absorbing and dealing spam).

Every class has a role, every class can be countered.

Renegade

Imperial

“Soldiers have one of the most accurate close-mid range weapons of all classes. They also have resonable HP and are able to absorb a significant amount of spam. For this reason, they are great protection classes.” -Arx

My main issue is that it is Demomen that deny this kind of playstyle, by killing a 300 health Soldier with 3 good stickies; nothing but a slight inconvenience to a demomens ammo reserves, massive damage equivalent to a Snipers headshotting mutiple times. If demos werent so invasive to basic Soldier playing Im sure there would be less frustration.

Also, yes in terms of usefulness Medics and Demos are ovepowered. You need them to win.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I got killed by Byte in a PUG with 300 health, 2 stickies at my feet (the first locked me stopping me from moving) lolz overpowered? For those retarded at maths that’s 150 or more per sticky.

Bash

I was killed by a soldier once.

Norrland3000

My parents always beat me up when i die in tf2 :/ then I have to eat JAM all WEEK!…

Waebi

‹Con›

I was killed by a soldier once.
awww… wanna talk about it?

wooj

-HH-

One sticky stopped you from moving entirely, were you cowering in a corner or summit? Could you have rocket jumped out of this predicament, perhaps onto some nearby higher ground whilst firing rockets at him midair?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 16 Next »