Forum

[Tuto] How to get 6 people on time on a server ?

Created 11th August 2011 @ 16:38

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

wrock

vier

Quoted from SiTeHBu0mbb

Funny thing is that I’ve never had these problems in CS or CSS

i think about tf2=updates, updates=more problems with the game(and of course hats)
it´s that simple…..

SteveyJJ

CoWC

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

Apologies for last night, it was completely unavoidable, I’m guessing you’re writing this partly because its related to last nights incident – my net was literally fucked the second I joined the server, there were no issues before.

Though I agree, we generally try to schedule and calendar, sometimes people cancel last minute and its annoying, we’re normally always generally on the server 5 minutes after schedule.

I told Smoke I didn’t really like his post, as it does look like it’s just us being mad about you guys last night but it isn’t directed at you guys at all, so no hard feelings there. I guess it’s just his frustration with a lot of the community at present. Most common problem is teams searching on irc without a full 6 players. 10-15 minutes of waiting around for each PCW can add up to a whole lot of wasted time.

eXtreaL

1. Get a few warservers
2. Find a few matches
3. Join the server with 6 people in first

Problem solved

Edit:
Just an idea here, maybe sending the enemy a link like this could get them in quicker:
steam: //connect/11.11.111.111:27015/pcw

Last edited by eXtreaL,

strut

-=Crazy=-

I’ve been asked about triallists in the past and given timekeeping and equipment (pc & connection) issues as part of my feedback and been laughed at by clan mates.

Well just about every guy turning up late or having excessive technical problems continued to do so when they were part of the clan, aggravating everyone. Maybe it’s a form of autism because having interviewed people in real life, the same sorts of patterns emerge.

dougiie

CotC

cs/css/cod4 – MAX 5min wait

As soon as the community start collectively building up a “kick after 5mins” tolerance then we might see some change in waiting times.

wer

tfortress.no

Quoted from SmoKe

1 – Use a calendar to write down the matches you’re going to play in the current week.

No.

Do not search for a game until you have 6 players ready. Problem solved.

Gambles

-9m-
-9m-

Quoted from wer

[…]No.

Do not search for a game until you have 6 players ready. Problem solved.

tbh, if you want to have a good game you HAVE to schedule them before hand.

wer

tfortress.no

I’d rather play a bad game than wait 20 minutes.

Sc

usually russians is searching for games before get all 6 people on mumble ;[

electro

Got Milk?

wait 5 min
tell them to get their ppl on the server
wait 1 min
tell them 1 min left till kick
sometimes they just disconnect -> search new opponents
or they stay -> wait, if they dont show up -> kick
search new opponents

SmoKe

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

Apologies for last night, it was completely unavoidable, I’m guessing you’re writing this partly because its related to last nights incident – my net was literally fucked the second I joined the server, there were no issues before.

Though I agree, we generally try to schedule and calendar, sometimes people cancel last minute and its annoying, we’re normally always generally on the server 5 minutes after schedule.

Wasn’t against you guys.
As SteveyJJ said, that was just me being mad cause I’m always on time waiting for people..

Moreg

dc.

and thats where we had to wait 20 minutes for you guys to join up the server

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I can always be a little late because I like to smoke my victory blunt pre-game.

kim

idd.

the best part is when people dont even tell you if theyre going to be a while and why

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Calling them over steam friends 5 min before 20cet works wonders.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »