Forum

I cant help to have the feeling that my sens is too high

Created 31st December 2010 @ 20:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from pykow

people are talking about CM and degrees.That sounds bullshit for me ;)

Im using Logitech G500 No driver Ingame sens 8.10 and im happy with that and dont know how many CM i move my hand or in which degrees i turn my hand haha.

oh yes, because of course people are saying that knowing your cm/degrees makes you have better aim…

“your monitor is 24″? well mine is too, and i’ve never measured it!”

good argument

Scotteh

BLUBUF

Quoted from Ijantis

[…]

As someone who moved from around 15cm down to 41.4cm in the space of a year I can tell you that your aim will improve a great deal. The hard part is getting used to such a low sens it can take up to 4-5 months to let you understand how to move around with such a low sens especially flick shots.

The hard part is getting used to moving your arm as opposed to just your wrist which can be a pain in the ass. Your best bet is to move your sens down in small increments to slowly adapt.

Your mousemat should just about allow you to do a 360 and even after you’ve set your new sens try and do quick 360s and slow 360s to make sure your not losing any tracking, if you are lowering dpi resolved it for me.

Thanks man.

After posting that I actually halved my sens. Which was easy because the MX518 has switchable dpi, so I just set it to 800 dpi at 2.5 in game sens. That’s around 20-25cm per 360 I think?

Anyway, my aim is already a lot more consistent. Regardless of my movement suffering, my scout is already a lot better just because I can actually hit things reasonably consistently. I think if I stick with this I will improve a lot. The main problem I’m having is with soldier though. My “speciality” is rocket jumping, since I used to spend all my time in jump servers and still do play a lot in them. With this low sens rocket jumping is so hard haha – I’ve spent 300+ hours practising my rocket jumping technique, and now trying to jump with this low sens is throwing me off completely.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Soldier: 12.6cm/360° (800dpi, 4.12 sens)

It’s about as low as I can get without screwing my instant flick rocketjumps. (mainly because I aim with my hand, not arm)

Also I can’t track people at ALL with mouse accel, it’s just complete failure. Is that normal?

One more question: I’m on a laptop and I absolutely love accel on my mousepad for doing not-game related stuff. Is there anyway to enable mouse accel on mousepad but leave it off for my mouse?

Last edited by Casual,

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Casual

One more question: I’m on a laptop and I absolutely love accel on my mousepad for doing not-game related stuff. Is there anyway to enable mouse accel on mousepad but leave it off for my mouse?

yes
use raw input setting in game. this will bypass windows mouse settings and use the mouses own settings.
that will leave you free to have any mouse acceleration or sensitivity for your desktop.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

yes
use raw input setting in game. this will bypass windows mouse settings and use the mouses own settings.
that will leave you free to have any mouse acceleration or sensitivity for your desktop.

I suppose I could do that… I’d prefer mouse accel on my mousepad for everything, and accel off for my mouse (that flash game where you point at targets while your cursor is invisible comes to mind).

Sofa King

34/360 works for me.

ingame 1.6
dpi 800
windows +1

rezOnanceUK

Üb

Nice webiste,

Seems i have 14 inch per 360 (37cm)

erratic

There is no godly sensitivity that will solve all your aim problems straight away, its all through countless hours of practise that you will build your aim with the sensitivity you are playing with, obviously, people are different, some like to play highsens, because it suits their way of playing and vice versa.

Sure, you can use the sensitivities posted here as guidelines for finding your own perfect sens, for example, as someone posted, the average soldier “sweetspot” is within 7-12 cm/360, so if you were playing soldier you could start out there.

personally. 5.2cm/360 here as soldier, i like it, i can just chill while playing.

3200 DPI
2.5 ingame

Though, mine is probably incorrect, seeing that i use raw input, which bypasses the windows sens.

Our other soldier IronHawk has 35.6 cm per 360, and he is an ungodly jumper. So low sens shouldn’t make that much of a difference :D

3.5, 800 dpi, raw input atm. Seems to be working fair enough.

IronHawk

F!
moog

Quoted from happy little boozer

Our other soldier IronHawk has 35.6 cm per 360, and he is an ungodly jumper. So low sens shouldn’t make that much of a difference :D

Low sens isnt a problem if it suits your play style etc. like mousepad isnt too small. lol :)

DarkSlayer

I totally agree with play the sensitivity your comfetable with but sens CAN limit you if you play insainly high or insainly low for whats really good for you. I bet the majourity of players that play with a 4 or less inches/360 would have better/more consitant aim if they tried somewhere in the region of 8 – 11′ if they had a suitable mouse mat and a mouse that can track well etc.

Use my mouse tool for all the inches/360 and other useful calculation and ways to tune up your mouse:

http://www.gamebanana.com/tools/4695

DarkSlayer

Quoted from happy little boozer

also using m_yaw commands etc can let use a low sens and still look and up down easy for jumping etc

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

32.1cm/360 for scout
25.7cm/360 for soldier/demo

Menace

59.2cm 360 for All Classes

2000DPI
Windows Default
1.3 Sens In-Game
Zowie:) EC1 + Steelseries QCK+ Heavy

Is that too low for anyone? :)

Last edited by Menace,