Forum

[HL S2] Unlock Feedback

Created 29th January 2012 @ 23:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

JDx is like a piece of SPUF that flew here with the wind.

Kinda magical if you think about it.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

*has fun reading JDX comments* a 12vs12 no restrictions league.. Im sitting with a huge smile here ;)

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

You can kill a demoman in 1.72 seconds with 3 shots. So in less then 2 seconds you can kill all classes except the heavy. Thats kinda OP, considering it’s your secondary weapon. I don’t see soldiers, heavy’s, pyro’s or any other class do that with their secondary weapon, do you? Hell.. most classes will have a hard time doing that with their primary weapon.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

I’d be actually fine allowing the Saharan Spy. It is far from an upgrade and voice communication ruins the idea of a silent backstab.

I’m not demanding it, but would be interesting too see would anybody use the set. I would not.

MrLate;

Quoted from Jazz

[…]
The spycicle is NOWHERE NEAR the same as the normal knife. take a look at the stats from below taken from the tf2wiki.

Spy cicle special abilities

Silent Killer: No attack noise from backstabs.
On Hit by Fire: Become fireproof for 2 seconds.
Backstab turns victim to ice.
Melts in fire, regenerates after 15 seconds.

Knife
None

Not gonna lie but how are they the same? Or am i missing something?

Spycicle is the Knife but with buffs and no real disadvantages.

Last edited by MrLate;,

JDx

nn

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

Screws up spies. When you get stab instantly you know where the spy is. Bit of a disadvantage to the spy. Also FPS lags i think?

[…]

First off, people on this forum will listen you just have to be responsible and listen back. Admins listen to people and are responding to what the etf2l community wants. After all its in their best interest to keep as many of us as they can. Without us a league wont exist.

You say the spy is a weak class overall, is it weaker than a scout? Or weaker than a medic? How is it weak?

Second, yes for every weapon they ban they might lose a person from the community to come play competitively but equally they may gain X amount because people dislike this weapon and want to play game where people aren’t playing with it. Also when tf2 went F2P there was like a 50k increase in players in tf2 but i really don’t think the competitive seen has seen even a 10% of those players in their communities. So the impact of banning 1 weapon on the community isnt that huge as you think.

Thirdly, They haven’t castrated the spy game play. If you were gonna do that you would ban DR. Spy is more than viable and if you look in Vanilla Tf2 then you’ll see that spy is viable with only vanilla weapons.

Now back on to the topic.

The spycicle is NOWHERE NEAR the same as the normal knife. take a look at the stats from below taken from the tf2wiki.

Spy cicle special abilities

Silent Killer: No attack noise from backstabs.
On Hit by Fire: Become fireproof for 2 seconds.
Backstab turns victim to ice.
Melts in fire, regenerates after 15 seconds.

Knife
None

Not gonna lie but how are they the same? Or am i missing something?

1) spy is weak charcter because the more spys precentage you got on a team, the less likely your team to win. lets take 6 demomans team vs 6 spys team. who will win ?
like in economics- the “marginal product” that spy can give your team is rapidly declining, compared to most other classes.

2) for the second point you mentioned , people opinions are important , and I am pretty sure most gamers will prefer to see pro gaming scene thats is similar to those they play at the servers, and not the structured 6v6 9v9 that exist today.

3) spy cicle gameplay is more or less same as normal knife. for someone who knows how to play with normal knife and deadringer, it would be 5 min to learn spycicle.
it wouldn’t be like that if you take normal knife player and tell him to learn your eternal reward gameplay.

JDx

nn

Quoted from MrLate;

[…]

Even if that would have been true ( and I dont think it is), that doesnt ground for ban, as it might have been added by steam in order to buff the spy , because he is weak.
So banning it on that ground can be quite an error.

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from JDx

[…]
1) spy is weak charcter because the more spys precentage you got on a team, the less likely your team to win. lets take 6 demomans team vs 6 spys team. who will win ?
like in economics- the “marginal product” that spy can give your team is rapidly declining, compared to most other classes.

2) for the second point you mentioned , people opinions are important , and I am pretty sure most gamers will prefer to see pro gaming scene thats is similar to those they play at the servers, and not the structured 6v6 9v9 that exist today.

3) spy cicle gameplay is more or less same as normal knife. for someone who knows how to play with normal knife and deadringer, it would be 5 min to learn spycicle.
it wouldn’t be like that if you take normal knife player and tell him to learn your eternal reward gameplay.

1) But that’s if he is a team of the same class. Versus maybe the most powerful class in the game. If you put 6 heavies v 6 snipers which is more likely to win? I would go for snipers so does that mean that heavy are a weak class?

In a 9v9 situation the spy isnt that weak. A good spy on certain maps can easily top frag and outscore a medic if not be up there.

2) Yes im sure people wanna see shit for all. If there was such a demand for 12v12 comp play then please link me to that league.

9v9 is the closest that you’ll get to pub and whenever they do celebrity match or pros vs pubbers they do 9v9 and i rarely see complaints and they attract a huge size of the community to them. So i think your demand for big shit for alls are limited.

3) Yes maybe the fact it can insta back stab and all that jazz it is the same as the knife but the thing is the spycicle takes out the pyros job. The spycicle can remove the fire that is suppose to help identify the spy? I don’t see that as balanced and equal to knife that can’t do that?

JDx

nn

Quoted from Andee

[…]

You can kill a demoman in 1.72 seconds with 3 shots. So in less then 2 seconds you can kill all classes except the heavy. Thats kinda OP, considering it’s your secondary weapon. I don’t see soldiers, heavy’s, pyro’s or any other class do that with their secondary weapon, do you? Hell.. most classes will have a hard time doing that with their primary weapon.

you dont have a point here, as you dont take into consideration facts like the faster you shoot the gun , the less chance you got to hit , based on spy guns mechanics . you also dont take into consideration the fact distance, and aim precentage.
heck , lets just cancel basic knife aswell, as its overpowered – 600 precent of victim life, kills 99 precent of classes in the game in less then a fraction of a second. thats more then all clasess can do with the first weapon…but reality check- spy isnt that strong chars even with that ultimate weapon!

Last edited by JDx,

JDx

nn

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

1) But that’s if he is a team of the same class. Versus maybe the most powerful class in the game. If you put 6 heavies v 6 snipers which is more likely to win? I would go for snipers so does that mean that heavy are a weak class?

In a 9v9 situation the spy isnt that weak. A good spy on certain maps can easily top frag and outscore a medic if not be up there.

2) Yes im sure people wanna see shit for all. If there was such a demand for 12v12 comp play then please link me to that league.

9v9 is the closest that you’ll get to pub and whenever they do celebrity match or pros vs pubbers they do 9v9 and i rarely see complaints and they attract a huge size of the community to them. So i think your demand for big shit for alls are limited.

3) Yes maybe the fact it can insta back stab and all that jazz it is the same as the knife but the thing is the spycicle takes out the pyros job. The spycicle can remove the fire that is suppose to help identify the spy? I don’t see that as balanced and equal to knife that can’t do that?

1) as I wrote, the marginal benfit spy can give a team is declaining rapidly compared to other classes. In fact 6 spys will probably loose. vs 6 every other class there is.

2) u mad bro?

3) spy cicle do high noise when it burns, its really easy to notice it as a pyro and then you just continue chase the spy

Last edited by JDx,

JDx

nn

if you not completely understand what I mean by saying marginal product , try reading this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marginal_product

Last edited by JDx,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Reason Enforcer was banned has been explained clearly, we don’t intend to re-introduce the weapon unless Valve change it to balance it a little better.

JDx we appreciate your feedback, my colleagues from the admin team have already answered your questions more or less but let me just state that as a league we will probably ban about 6 or 7 weapons this season. I don’t think we will ban anymore than 10 weapons in future seasons ever unless Valve decide to release several items we deem bannable. We really want to play with as little weapon bans as possible but we’ve learned from experience you need to say ‘no’ and ban particular items for the sake of enjoyable games. Nearly everyone wants to see the Enforcer banned, we did a season with it and saw it was used by the majority of spies and its only negative quality isn’t particularly big, a tiny amount less of cloak time makes close to 0 difference, especially with the Dead Ringer.

We will update the whitelist so your players need not accidentally equip the weapons for Season 2 and the small amount of items banned makes very little difference. Highlander will be as close to your expectations of it as possible, you will have a variety of weapon choices to experiment with just like in a public TF2 server…only a few items have been banned.

With this said lets try and move away from discussing The Enforcer – we have made our position clear on it and we would rather discuss the newer weapons.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Enforcer is a straight up upgrade, anyone arguing otherwise is just mad cos they can’t use it. It’s hella OP, honestly.

Idk about the spycicle, i think the “melting for 15 seconds” thing is enough of a downside to it as it doesn’t really give you that big an advantage, like, the silent backstabs thing…You really, in an organised highlander game, rely on the sound of a backstab happening to know that a spy is behind you killing your dudes? Imo that’s your bad for not looking at kill messages/communicating. The backstab sound should be the very LAST thing you need to listen for when you are playing competitively.

Until they fix the Machina double killing through ubered players it should be banned, though i love the weapon completely.

the new space weapons should be banned on principle (i fucking hate the fact i can barely tell when i’m being shot by that new pyro flamethrower, i have no idea whats happening due to the shitty particles until i’m dead).

I wouldn’t really ban the Detonator if i had a choice, though i probably wouldn’t use it if i played pyro with it unbanned anyway.

Reserve shooter is bugged and broken. You get crits on anyone who just does a normal jump, until they apply the same effect as the direct hit it should stay banned.

So on the most part, good job Highlander admins on trying to create a decently varied unlock rules for the Highlander league, market gardener too stronk, leave it unbanned for sure <3.

s3

Quoted from JDx

[…]

Which is of course 100%, completely, totally irrelevant. We’re discussing unlocks for highlander in this thread, which means that there will only ever be one spy per team. I’ve been playing highlander since before the original ETF2L highlander cup, so take my word on this: the spy is not a weak class in highlander, not by a long shot. You don’t know what you’re talking about, so please just give it a rest.

L-iNC

Quoted from MrLate;

And Equalizer is the shovel with buffs and no real disadvantages. Or what about Degreaser?

Playing medic on s1 I only saw Dead Ringer spies with Enforcer so I wouldn’t be too sad to see Enforcer gone, but in my opinion once you start banning weapons you might as well go vanilla. Otherwise it will just end up being page after page of discussion on what weapons bring to the game and why other shitlocks haven’t been banned.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »