AnimaL

see what happens when you type in console
plugin_load addons/prec

and
plugin_print

Quoted from Leif

[…]
Yeah sorry I wrote wrong but addons/prec is actually in custom

not sure if that is the case but if your folder structure is /tf/custom/addons/prec then it wont work… you didnt make it clear to what ur actual folder structure is so im just guessing

Last edited by AnimaL,

Leif

Quoted from AnimaL

see what happens when you type in console
plugin_load addons/prec

and
plugin_print

[…]not sure if that is the case but if your folder structure is /tf/custom/addons/prec then it wont work… you didnt make it clear to what ur actual folder structure is so im just guessing

Yeah like that. It used to work some time ago (even after steam pipe update). Will try that

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

What’s the first thing you do when something does not work? Trying to find documentation right?

There’s a readme.txt (Read Me) that you’re supposed to read, it says:

Note that the following directory structure is NOT correct:

tf/custom/models/my_model.mdl

How can it get any more clear than that?

Spike Himself

TC

For clarity:

tf\custom\yaymyfolderhasafunnynametoplel\addons\prec.dll

Any dir inside ‘custom’ is basically considered to be an extension to the \tf\ root dir, so you could have a dir for your hud and a dir for other stuff inside your custom dir, like so:

tf\custom\hud\resource\GameMenu.res (old: tf\resource\GameMenu.res)
tf\custom\prec\addons\prec.dll (old: tf\addons\prec.dll)
tf\custom\myconfigs\cfg\medic.cfg (old: tf\cfg\medic.cfg)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Chdata

2 things:

1. prec_delete_useless_demo 1

Does not delete my useless demos at all. I tried setting it as 0, still, useless demos are not deleted.

These are my prec settings in autoexec.cfg

bind mouse5 prec_mark
prec_delete_useless_demo 1
prec_mode 3
prec_dir recordings
prec_tag dat
prec_log 2

2. I have a request.

Demo files that reach more than ~50,000 frames break for me. If I try to skip to frame 40,000 for example, my TF2 just crashes.

I would love an option to re-record every x frames. For example, in my autoexec.cfg:

prec_rerecord 10000

Now prec will only record to 10,000 frames, stop, and start recording again. Thus, I will never or be less likely to have broken recordings.

Another possible option, is to restart recording upon round end. So instead of recording the entire map, it starts a new demo between every round.

prec_rerecord_mode
0 – disabled
1 – restart recording on round end/start (default)
2 – rerecord every x frames

Last edited by Chdata,

Setsul

prec_delete_useless_demo – Delete demo files without bookmarks and killstreaks. (default 0)

Only demos without killstreaks and bookmarks are deleted.

If you watch a demo just set mat_queue_mode 0 beforehand and you’ll be able to skip more than 10000 ticks.

Chdata

The problem is that it isn’t deleting demos without killstreaks or bookmarks.

Thanks for the other tip though, I’ll try it.

Last edited by Chdata,

I’ve got a question for smart people I might find here. Please forgive me if it’s already been asked…

As many players i *suffer* under that “invisible teammates” bug. I’ve bound a record-wait-stop command to a key but it’s not a solution for officials since i have to re-record the coming part of the match. Afaik just recording the same name over deletes the old demo file and i’d be missing the first half of the game.

Is there an easy solution to it? Maybe even something combined with PREC? :3

Last edited by Peign slays dragons,

Johnny

Quoted from Peign slays dragons

. . .

What I usually do is stop > record lol or other name like that to fix the problem with the invis players. It wont delete the other part of the game since prec records with a very different name. And if it happens more than once I just add a number to the name ( eg. lol1 , lol2 , etc… )

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Peign slays dragons

I’ve got a question for smart people I might find here. Please forgive me if it’s already been asked…

As many players i *suffer* under that “invisible teammates” bug. I’ve bound a record-wait-stop command to a key but it’s not a solution for officials since i have to re-record the coming part of the match.

Isn’t the “wait” command disabled anyway? It should be, at any rate..

Afaik just recording the same name over deletes the old demo file and i’d be missing the first half of the game.

Is there an easy solution to it? Maybe even something combined with PREC? :3

Quoted from Johnny

[…]

What I usually do is stop > record lol or other name like that to fix the problem with the invis players. It wont delete the other part of the game since prec records with a very different name. And if it happens more than once I just add a number to the name ( eg. lol1 , lol2 , etc… )

Are you sure this works? I thought TF2 could only ever record 1 demo at a time, so when you “stop” recording, that also stops PREC recording your POV, no?

fisheye

PREC will record demo at the beginning of the match. then you force it to stop recording (command ‘stop’), the demo is finished. i’m not sure about this but i do believe that PREC won’t delete it when finishing the demo is forced. so you may play for 10 minutes, without any killstreaks, force demo to stop recording, that way you won’t have the demo deleted. BUT, if it still deletes the demo, just before forcing it to stop recording, press button bound to ‘prec_mark’, that way you will be ensured that PREC will leave the demo alone. then you will manually record another demo to fix invisible players bug and continue recording it for the rest of the match. that way you have 2 demos. the only problem is that the second one won’t record any killstreaks :)

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

I have this problem where demos just don’t seem to save. I was going through my killstreaks.txt and finding bookmarks, but when I went to load up the demo, it’s missing. I searched my demos folder and it’s not there.

This is my prec_info output
http://pastebin.com/GiBj42PX

Please help :(

EDIT: nevermind, apparently my demos have been naming themselves wrong. in the killstreaks.txt they have the correct map. but in the folder they’re wrong. seems that p-rec was recording pre-game, I don’t think it actually ever stopped recording. So only the first demo of that TF2 launch worked.

Last edited by Alfie,

Nutter

Hello, I have skipped throught a couple of pages and have not found a reply to my question (from 60 to 63), when I try to open up my demos in the demoui or via console the console sends me a few lines (not exact but the bits that seem important are quoted):

playdemo Plays a demo.

unknown command: “demopauseafterinitiat”

Any help?

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Quoted from Nutter

unknown command: “demopauseafterinitiat”

Any help?

I think i had the same problem last year. Try to rename your demo and it should work fine.

Last edited by Bloodyyy,

Nutter

Quoted from Bloodyyy

[…]

I think i had the same problem last year. Try to rename your demo and it should work fine.

I have tried and failed twice on an mge demo, I had renamed from the default prec assigned name to hahahahhahaha.dem and still no resolve. Any more ideas?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 62 63 64 ... 74 Next »