Forum

TF2Pickup.net sponsored by SimRai.com

Created 12th December 2012 @ 00:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 84 Next »

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

STV demo’s would require more access to the pickup server, so that can be hard.
The logs can be done using logaddress.

If you’d run a pickup on one of the servers of the FB reservation system you get this stuff with no effort. You could give people the link to your STV/logs zip and/or send the logs to tf.logs

Skyride

DUCS

If you get sponsored with a dedi server then STVs are easy peezy. The way I did it with Pixel was bassically to have the bot send a manual “tv_record” command as one of the set up things after changing map. You know what the demo name is (“the_thing_you_sent.dem”), you know where it is (since you know where the server is installed), so you just need to either periodically copy the files (“*.dem”) to a publically available location, or record the file path in a database and provide some way to access the file (just some fiddly .htaccess and a few lines of PHP).

That’s how I did it with Pixel, i just never bothered to record the file names in a database.

Last edited by Skyride,

Septique

Does this have some kind of warning system? I mean its getting really annoying that you either have to wait for 15-20mins for someone to join or someone just goes afk.

Slliter

Quoted from Septique

Does this have some kind of warning system? I mean its getting really annoying that you either have to wait for 15-20mins for someone to join or someone just goes afk.

As of right now we’re doing it manually a.k.a leave/not comming to the game +1 “rq” if you have more than 50% rq after 4 games we ban or if you have 2 games/2 rq’s.

Crafz

I might finish a chat based report system this evening. No automatic search for mercs yet, but I made a group for that. You should get an invite if you ever logged in to tf2pickup.net before.

AnimaL

having to login after every pickup sucks

Ordinator

tuhi

!buddy for medics would be great

Crafz

Quoted from Trath

[…]
Instead of making cookies for the chat and then having to change the chat god knows where, make cookies for the steam login…

Told him it would not be that easy. And as he just found out. It’s really not that easy.

Clean your cookies if your log in is going in circles.

Tafka

Really nice!

Only thing I see whats missing is divisional seperation,or some kind of “skill system”.
Its really boring/annoying when :
*Demoman is random div6 medic offclassing
*Game is run by 1/2 persons
*some1 sucks at comms
*medic keeps dying cus he is stupid
*both sollys rocket jump to mid – in the end they are both low and slow
*scouts die before team is about to push all the time

Maybe have like 2 separated pickups , 1 is for div3 and above and other div4 and lower.
No need for div checking system(it would make things easier) – if div6 x-class joins div3+ pickup and sucks hard just should get few day ban.
Or 3 pickups div6/5 , div4/3 ,div2 and above
If those things don’t apply,end of the day X% of pickups are almost like tf2lobbys with comms

Cheers

Last edited by Tafka,

Silan

(Actual Size)

Quoted from Crafz

I might finish a chat based report system this evening. No automatic search for mercs yet, but I made a group for that. You should get an invite if you ever logged in to tf2pickup.net before.

Arent you suppose to be able to post announcements in the steam group? Else i dont really see the point :).

Otherwise good work, nice to play some decent pickups again.

Silan

(Actual Size)

Quoted from Tafka

If those things don’t apply,end of the day X% of pickups are almost like tf2lobbys with comms

Cheers

Thats imho exactly the end goal. If you want high level pickups, im pretty sure mpukpickup2 is still around. If you start to segregate the pickup based on skill your gonna severely hurt the activity. This has been proven throughout history countless times.

Tafka

Quoted from Silan

[…]

Thats imho exactly the end goal. If you want high level pickups, im pretty sure mpukpickup2 is still around. If you start to segregate the pickup based on skill your gonna severely hurt the activity. This has been proven throughout history countless times.

I said There doesnt have to be a lock on the door.At some hours there will be only 12 players online who want to play pickup , It doesn’t stop them from playing if 1 is Prem and other is 6.But if theres enough players from div3/4 and div2+ online I guess they would rather wait few extra minutes before the game starts than play boring game.
And if theres x class missing from 1 of those pickups they could always turn to lower divisions to fill the spot.

Slliter

Quoted from Tafka

[…]

I said There doesnt have to be a lock on the door.At some hours there will be only 12 players online who want to play pickup , It doesn’t stop them from playing if 1 is Prem and other is 6.But if theres enough players from div3/4 and div2+ online I guess they would rather wait few extra minutes before the game starts than play boring game.
And if theres x class missing from 1 of those pickups they could always turn to lower divisions to fill the spot.

http://i.imgur.com/h6PXrBa.gif

Crafz

Change log (17.02.13):
* added chat based report system
* created steam group where everyone can search for subs and invited all users to it

Quoted from Silan

[…]

Arent you suppose to be able to post announcements in the steam group? Else i dont really see the point :).

Otherwise good work, nice to play some decent pickups again.

Everyone can post announcements in the TF2 Pickup.net sub group. Have a look at the description.

Last edited by Crafz,

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Tafka

[…]

– if div6 x-class joins div3+ pickup and sucks hard just should get few day ban.

Somewhat counteracting.

Trying to separate is not worth it, it will be fragment it. It’s fantastic to see something active running, with the continuous improvement.

If you want your guarantees of skill then go pu2, or make a mix or a double mix. This is just a wonderfully accessible way of getting games with other people who might not have friends to mix with or just want to practice.

A lot of pickups sucked for balance, even the ones that got closer to it. If the div 3+ guys aren’t cunts about it then hopefully the div 6 player will improve somewhat with a bit of advice. It’s all patience.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 84 Next »