Forum

i46: The American Project

Created 18th June 2012 @ 22:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 21 Next »

shdwpuppet

Quoted from djc

man…

if you’re in a very public position of power, even for something as minor as a Video Game Tournament, you’re going to be subjected to harsh and at times unnecessarily mean criticism and commentary from the people you are displaying that power to. a large part of what makes someone competent and respected at handling power is how they react to that criticism. accusing someone of libel and treating the issue as though it was just someone hurting your feelings too much doesn’t feel like the best of ways to react to said criticism :/

The point was not that they were harsh about the event or how it was handled. It was all handled extremely poorly and there were a lot of internal emails about it before this came out. The point is that the comments made on the show, no matter how small the audience, should have at least been verified with a short steam message or a quick email about the issues and why they were happening. It would be one thing entirely if they just had constructive feedback and poked fun at some things, that would be fine and even good, the point is that they were unnecessarily derogatory towards me and the casters that put many hours of work into trying to pull something together last second.

To make myself clear. Their criticism in many parts was warranted and, if it had been said in such a way that didn’t involve blatant and harsh personal attacks and if they had bothered to ask what the fuck was going on and why things were delayed, there would be no problem here.

I have since decided not to write an article about the errors that were made, extine will be handling it in some way (I think it might be in the next extravision?). I overreacted a little at the time, but I do hold by my opinion that the comments made were completely unwarranted in every way. There is a big difference between poking fun at the way an event was handled and calling the guy who, on 24 hours notice put everything aside to try and pull something together “the biggest retard videogaming has ever seen”. Kaidus and the rest of the cast were not criticizing me or providing commentary on my actions, they were defaming and insulting me.

Last edited by shdwpuppet,

Waebi

‹Con›

man, fuck that kaidus dude, he sounds pretty nasty

the tf2 players herald it as “the trial of kaidus.” a trial that will rival cases such as the john peter zenger trial, one that will go down in history, break down barriers, and create a precedent for how “the biggest retard video gaming has ever seen” will be measured.

Hat

I suggest you withdraw your legal action against my client ‘TCM KAIDUS’ post-haste DrShadowPuppet (IF THAT IS INDEED YOUR REAL NAME)

I went to the most esteemed lawschool in the north-west of England and I have previously defended many well-known clients in the european community against numerous class action cases of liable

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Hat

I suggest you withdraw your legal action against my client ‘TCM KAIDUS’ post-haste DrShadowPuppet (IF THAT IS INDEED YOUR REAL NAME)

I went to the most esteemed lawschool in the north-west of England and I have previously defended many well-known clients in the european community against numerous class action cases of liable

NEVAAAAR. His mistake will send my children to school!

Greg

TEZC

Quoted from shdwpuppet

[…]

The point was not that they were harsh about the event or how it was handled. It was all handled extremely poorly and there were a lot of internal emails about it before this came out. The point is that the comments made on the show, no matter how small the audience, should have at least been verified with a short steam message or a quick email about the issues and why they were happening. It would be one thing entirely if they just had constructive feedback and poked fun at some things, that would be fine and even good, the point is that they were unnecessarily derogatory towards me and the casters that put many hours of work into trying to pull something together last second.

To make myself clear. Their criticism in many parts was warranted and, if it had been said in such a way that didn’t involve blatant and harsh personal attacks and if they had bothered to ask what the fuck was going on and why things were delayed, there would be no problem here.

I have since decided not to write an article about the errors that were made, extine will be handling it in some way (I think it might be in the next extravision?). I overreacted a little at the time, but I do hold by my opinion that the comments made were completely unwarranted in every way. There is a big difference between poking fun at the way an event was handled and calling the guy who, on 24 hours notice put everything aside to try and pull something together “the biggest retard videogaming has ever seen”. Kaidus and the rest of the cast were not criticizing me or providing commentary on my actions, they were defaming and insulting me.

???????

This tournament is effectively the biggest prize funded tournament for TF2 (except for PC gamer) with around $10k being given to the winning team, $10 to 2nd. It was near the worse organised tournament I have seen in competive eSports, whether that is your fault or not I don’t know but it is eXtvs fault as they were hosting the event. You were seen to be hosting the event as you did that night and you are seen by the European community to be heading the event as you are the SOLE person who has approached the European community.

The event appears to have ZERO preperation, 1 team only had 50% of its contingent available to play. There were neither of the marketable casters available (Sal and eXtine), the casters for the actual night weren’t even sorted out until an hour(??????????????) before the event, cbear and djc, arguably the best American (+ eXtv) casters except for Sigma weren’t even approached about casting the event. It was organised for a European time so you could get maximum viewers… but there was zero effort to post anything related to the tournament on the European Competitive TF2 sites, nor on the worldwide site of reddit, when the whole point was to make more money towards the i46 donation fund this means you missed SO MUCH of your target audiance.

Ontop of that the tournament was run with a ruleset that literally no-one understood without spending near 5 minutes examining the ruleset and trying to reason why it was decided to be used. Even YOU didn’t understand it, as you believed that the 2nd place made no difference, you had no idea that the br0 vs LG game on snakewater made a difference? Roughly you said “You guys should skip the snakewater game and just play the gullywash game” even though the 2nd position was decided by the head-to-head matchup.

If “You” (extv) forced the tournament to be this 1 specific night, there were so many things that could have been done to make this an amazing night of TF2… especially if you had known bro couldnt play properly……… honestly so much more PR could have been raised and it shouldv just been a BO5 between LG and mix^.

extine

eXtv knows that there are things that could have gone better. We apologize for that. Some of the issues with this tournament started with the teams and were out of our control.

Any criticism of this event should be leveled at eXtv, and myself as head of eXtv, not personal attacks against Dr.ShdwPuppet, calling him “the biggest retard videogaming has ever seen”. You owe him an apology.

I don’t think you wanna face me in a cook off, or a wrestling match. Drink off maybe, but I feel sorry for your liver already. You’re lucky Duder’s not coming.

Your show was criticizing the format, mainly through attacks saying that the teams didn’t understand it. The team’s were informed well ahead of time, and the format/rules were posted 4 days before the event.

Now, we have a winner. A team has emerged victorious, and is the best team to represent North America at i46.

We are choosing to stay positive and looking forward to the bright future that is i46. We’re going to be pushing eXtremely hard to be finishing up our fundraiser.

Classic MixUp is getting ready to kick some ass and the European teams that will be at i46 better watch out. America is eXcited and America is hyped. America, Fuck Yeah.

That said, everything we’re working for here is for Team Fortress. America vs Euro is just a backdrop, hyping up the event. We’re all working together.

kaidus

WiK?

For goodness sake lads, it’s a circle jerk podcast. Get over yourselves.

Hat

LOUD NOISES

Skyride

DUCS

Kaidus’s comment was probably a little harsh, and i know shdwpuppet doesn’t deserve all of the blame here, but regardless of where the blame is directed the event was a shambles and those involved seriously need to take the criticism on the chin and learn from it.

People are annoyed because thats it. There’s no second chance, no next season, no losers bracket. There was one opportunity to get this tournament right and it was blown, horrifically. It has potentially jeopardized getting an american team to EU, and this is likely to be the only chance we’ll ever get.

Last edited by Skyride,

wpminnows

[PG]

i had no idea when the tournament was happening and idk if it’s because it wasn’t posted or i just live under a tf2 rock

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Wow. Didn’t hear about this at all.

Can we get a redo or something, do it well, marketing etc…

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from CrashSite

Wow. Didn’t hear about this at all.

Can we get a redo or something, do it well, marketing etc…

To raise more funds, i would say yes, but a champion has been crowned, so kinda pointless to do it again.

huhystah

Quoted from wpminnows

i had no idea when the tournament was happening and idk if it’s because it wasn’t posted or i just live under a tf2 rock

Same

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Califax

[…]

To raise more funds, i would say yes, but a champion has been crowned, so kinda pointless to do it again.

But didn’t a team have only 50% of their players, doesn’t seem quite fair.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 21 Next »