Forum

Best class for maincalling in 9v9?

Created 16th June 2014 @ 10:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Max

Fusion

Quoted from aura

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32170022&postcount=84

Why the fuck did you have the need to post this?

Max

Fusion

As for Sorsa’s question (not really playing with BFN btw) the only 2 relatively decent main callers are demo and heavy, the real thing here is that if those 2 classes have confidence.

Main calling is easier than people think and considering you peeps get scrims nearly everyday it should be normal for your heavy or demo maincaller to get used to it.

aura

Quoted from Max

[…]

Why the fuck did you have the need to post this?

spy is the best class for calling dont u understand u can go invisible and seeee things

Max

Fusion

Quoted from aura

[…]
spy is the best class for calling dont u understand u can go invisible and seeee things

I thought it was another typical “durrr stabby retarded cuz he responded to h8er” post but I read it again and understood what you meant.

3 seasons of calling top kek.

Last edited by Max,

Hidi

Heavy, Demo, and Medic tend to be the most successful lead calling classes, at least in my experiences.

I’ve noticed a lot of people like to put pressure on Medics to lead call because they spend time watching and healing rather than focusing on kills.

Personally though, I don’t like to maincall as a Medic because I find without the enemy in my face, it’s hard for me to say where we should be going and when. All I can do is say I’ve got an Uber and we should use it, but subject to where and when by the other team.

Medics lead calls to me come out in ask/answer form (Where is the combo? On the left. Can we tell their Uber? 50%).

My personal favourite lead calls have been from Heavies. They’re big blocks there to absorb damage, and while they’re at it, they can protect their Medic and back their Demo….We hope!

NuTRiCuLa

D925
AVN

heavy or med

The Great American S

I’m not very experienced in Highlander (in the Open right now) but I’m the Pyro, and I’m the maincaller.

On CP maps, I usually stick with the medic and heavy, and I’m always the one who calls for a push or to fall back, or whatever.

On defense on Payload, I don’t really call, but stick with the engineer, and we all kind of call stuff out.

On offense, I am also the caller.

I think that any class can be the caller really, except for maybe the Sniper, who’s usually too far from the battlefield to tell what’s really going on.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from The Great American S

I’m not very experienced in Highlander (in the Open right now) but I’m the Pyro, and I’m the maincaller.

On CP maps, I usually stick with the medic and heavy, and I’m always the one who calls for a push or to fall back, or whatever.

On defense on Payload, I don’t really call, but stick with the engineer, and we all kind of call stuff out.

On offense, I am also the caller.

I think that any class can be the caller really, except for maybe the Sniper, who’s usually too far from the battlefield to tell what’s really going on.

I did the same at the very beginning, but once you reach a certain level, anything other than demo/medic/heavy will simply not work out for you.

Popcorp

Quoted from The Great American S

Your mission is to check for spies, airblast ubers, watch for bombing soldier/demo and just watch your combo’s back, having a maincaller duty on top of all this is wrong, you should tell your Demo/Heavy/Medic to maincall, at least start trying to maincall, practice it. Maybe it’s working for you now, because you’re all new to Highlander and you’re all in HLO, but as you climb the div ladder, your team will start feeling the difference between Pyro and Heavy/Demo/Medic maincalling

And Sniper doesn’t have to be “Too far away”, some Snipers prefer sticking with Combo, because then Sniper can’t be killed easily (if with Razorback + constant overheal), but yeah Sniper is bad for maincalling ofc.

jakeowaty

In my case as a Medic I just tell the core, as someone else has mentioned, what they have to do and where to position themselves.

Using that information, flank (Soldier, Scout, Spy) can deduct using tiny amount of intelligence on where the rest of the team is, so THEY can position themselves accordingly. I usually never tell people how to do shit, because they know that better then I do. I just tell them what we need to do to extend the advantage. Occasionally I can ask someone from the flank to accompany me when I’m missing my combo or tell them to do something specific.

Kills and deaths should be called respectively by each class. Based on that Medics, Heavies and Demos can continue positioning themselves (i.e. Sniper down – you can go in the open, so you see more). It’s natural and should be something you do automatically instead of waiting for the call from maincaller.

Usually in teams I play on as a Med I only give out general calls, as Bulow said before, I see like 75% less than other people up front. Calls like uber percentages, advantages, Tab pressing, calls when to push and when to back out.

Rest of the calls are made by the team, whether when to focus on someone or leave an area, Spy calls, kill calls. Simply because I’m not a part of that imidiate action, it’s their job to give me information I need to make a decision, whether to push or not.

Then again, I make mistakes as well, as any human being. Sometimes someone from the team proposes something like ‘Maybe we should use the left flank when pushing this time’. I always say yes, because they definetly know about that spot something I don’t. And it usually pays off. Help the maincaller, you are on the same team after all.

My $0.02.

Last edited by jakeowaty,

The Great American S

In regards to those saying it’s a bad idea, I agree, I should be focusing on my other jobs, but since I’m the leader of the team, there really isn’t anyone else who wants to step up to take the job as maincaller.

Like I said, I usually call to push forward or to fall back because I’m with the heavy and medic, but besides that, we all kind of just call out important things like a Soldier on a suicide run or a Heavy/medic combo heading towards us.

I’ve been trying to get our medic to be the one who decides when we push or fall back, but it’s not really working out too well. My heavy is very indecisive, and I’m not too sure about my demo.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

I agree with bulow, but the most important thing is to have someone fluent calling. I can’t call for shit if I’m distracted and get caught up in my own sentence. You need a main caller that can keep it short and simple (KISS).

But that doesn’t matter anyway, it seems like most teams have 9 main callers calling everything they can at all times.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

i didnt have a maincaller and i came 2nd in prem

Jimmi

[GRäS]

Quoted from Muuki

i didnt have a maincaller and i came 2nd in prem

Highpander had a maincaller

Muuki

sirkkels
GG