Forum

LF HL Sniper Mentor

Created 3rd May 2014 @ 12:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Deity

-Xe-

I need sniper mentor because i’m bad at positioning and tactics.

Phnx

watch povs, practice aim.
that’s sniping in hl.

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from Phnx

watch povs, practice aim.
that’s sniping in hl.

kind of true, but if he wants help with prioritizing targets, positioning, aim tips etc, a mentor could be good for that

kindred

myx
SDCK!

priority:
Immediate threat (spy, sniper, bombing soldier, flanking scout, etc)
Medic (worth lots but generally it’s hard to medpick while being killed)
Sniper
Demo
Heavy
Engi
Pyro
Soldier
Scout
Spy (disguise hitboxes and dead ringer shit make this not worth chasing unless it’s gonna kill you in the next 5 seconds)

other than that – just watch any demos you can find of snipers and look where they stand. it’s not as complex as you think, there are like 3-4 good positions on most maps and they’re generally quite obvious

tl;dr: jumpcrouch to win thx valve

Pistolvania

What Snow said.

Also actual practice. Your reflexes, aim, etc. always has room for optimalization.

And remember that kills isn’t necessarily always your top priority. Just locking down area is enough in some situations.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Shit tons of aim practice.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

just practice your aim and get a crouch jump script on your m1

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from kindred

I’d say following priority lists is a bad idea, they are just a general guideline, everything is completely situational, a pyro pick is suddenly worth 5 times more if your team is about to push an easily deniable point like badwater first, engi is a really valuable pick on offense and irrelevant on defense e.t.c.

Blooddrunk

Nein

public

Wulf

GOALstar

Basicly what snow said you need a lot of practice for your aim and once you sort of know what you should be doing it’ll come to you.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Basically kill sniper/medic first in any map, then combo classes. Rest picks are just plus.
Expect engineer on offense in payload is important pick.

Then in the other hand, my gamesense isn’t the best.
I just make heeedshots and kill people ¯_(ツ)_/¯

kindred

myx
SDCK!

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
I’d say following priority lists is a bad idea, they are just a general guideline, everything is completely situational, a pyro pick is suddenly worth 5 times more if your team is about to push an easily deniable point like badwater first, engi is a really valuable pick on offense and irrelevant on defense e.t.c.

Just because situational picks exist doesn’t make general priority worthless. Anyone with common sense can work that out.

Quoted from Pistolvania

And remember that kills isn’t necessarily always your top priority. Just locking down area is enough in some situations.

People don’t realise this enough – because wallbangs don’t exist in this game, your dot can sometimes get more kills than your gun. People tend to assume snipers won’t miss, when it’s far more likely than they think (especially with the general stigma against bodyshots). Use it to your advantage to pin people into shitty positions and let your team do the work.

Last edited by kindred,

Pistolvania

Quoted from kindred

People don’t realise this enough – because wallbangs don’t exist in this game, your dot can sometimes get more kills than your gun. People tend to assume snipers won’t miss, when it’s far more likely than they think (especially with the general stigma against bodyshots). Use it to your advantage to pin people into shitty positions and let your team do the work.

I couldn’t have put this better myself.

Fuxx

Quoted from kindred

People tend to assume snipers won’t miss, when it’s far more likely than they think (especially with the general stigma against bodyshots). Use it to your advantage to pin people into shitty positions and let your team do the work.

“Snipers miss, trust me, go ahead and stand in their sightline”

You ain’t fooling me!

But it’s true, to some extent. I’d say that div6-div3 you can afford to risk as much as you deem necessary, however from div2 onward I don’t think it’s worth it anymore and hence why some teams would rather not peek their heads out.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Add A Reply Pages: 1