Forum

HOW TO SURF ON DEMO JUMPS?!?!?!

Created 24th November 2013 @ 17:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

VinuJ

This always happens to me randomly, never by will but I want to be able to control it. You know how on the start of a demoman’s rollout on process he surfs up the ramp at the last point? Yeah, I wanna know how to do that not just on that specific place but like in general on ramps etc. :) Sometimes I’ve done it on control points too :/

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Same as surfing with soldiers. You need sufficient speed and should approach the ramp as horiziontal as possible. Also crouch.

Last edited by nTraum,

Spike Himself

TC

Throw a sandbag against a hill, but try to make it slide up the hill as far as possible.
Physics ‘n shit.

EmilioEstevez

GG

dont hold forwards or backwards and hit the ramps with enough speed at a low angle

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

most people try to go directly from their jump to the ramp. strafe out to the right and then strafe back towards the ramp

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

It’s called sliding, not surfing.
And the speed and angle are very important. After a certain speed you will always slide a ramp. And at another speed you will only slide if your angle and the ramps angle is good.
I don’t know the exact numbers. But people from the jump community (crank) looked into it I think.
Maybe he made some spreadsheet or someting.
I can ask you if you really want.

hr

yes please get the name right it’s really important

Falcon0408

Quoted from hr

yes please get the name right it’s really important

surf and slide are completely different mechanics so yeah it is.

VinuJ

Quoted from Falcon0408

[…]

surf and slide are completely different mechanics so yeah it is.

yeah sorry bout that surfing (gamemode) and the demojump sliding thing looked similar so I decided to call it that for until I found out thanx :)

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

I’ve always heard it called surfing

Spike Himself

TC

Surfing is the act of using someone else’s explosive to jump away, mostly done by medics.

I agree though, it doesn’t make sense.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Joshi

Quoted from Spike Himself

Surfing is the act of using someone else’s explosive to jump away, mostly done by medics.

true but there are surf maps which are all about “sliding”

Last edited by Joshi,

Falcon0408

Quoted from Joshi

[…]

true but there are surf maps which are all about “sliding”

surf maps are all about surfing. idk why people starting calling airstrafing a rocket/sticky “surfing”. makes no sense.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Falcon0408

[…]

surf maps are all about surfing. idk why people starting calling airstrafing a rocket/sticky “surfing”. makes no sense.

you surf a wave by using the force created by the water. you surf a rocket by using the force and momentum created by the explosion.

It has two meanings, surfing a map and surfing an explosion. you can also “surf” melee hits and hit scan shots by jumping and using the knockback

VinuJ

Quoted from Alfie

[…]
you surf a wave by using the force created by the water. you surf a rocket by using the force and momentum created by the explosion.

It has two meanings, surfing a map and surfing an explosion. you can also “surf” melee hits and hit scan shots by jumping and using the knockback

I mean surfing the map in that case

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »