Soldier cl_interp ?

Created 20th August 2013 @ 21:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Solid

[…]
Rip.

Also @everyone who says that he should change his interp via the interp_ratio: That’s absolutely correct but sadly etf2l has it’s value restricted to 1. (atleast to my knowledge)

No, it’s restricted to 5 in the ETF2L config. TFTrue “secure” mode restricts it to 1, that’s why tftrue_tournament_insecure (or something) should be set to 1, so it doesn’t override any league cfg cvars. Technically using TFTrue secure mode on officials is against the rules since it alters how the game functions compared to the ETF2L cfg.

Quoted from Goat

That would be new to me, just read the link I posted earlier and I hope you will understand it.

I know how interpolation works, dw about that. I was just mixing up ugc and etf2l.

Setsul

Quoted from Solid

[…]

I have my interp on .033 because I like smooth animations. Never had a problem with my backstabs not registering. Also I’m technically a scout main now since I’m taking a season off of spy and hl.

.0303 please.

Quoted from Caps

[…]

Well and even if he would the knife is hitscan = will be calculated clientsided.

Apparently while you’ve acquired your extensive knowledge about the source engine this small unimportant detail must’ve slipped through so i’m going to make it a little more noticable:
ALL HITREG IN THE SOURCE ENGINE IS DONE BY THE SERVER!

Quoted from ondkaja

cl_interp 0

limit your interp using cl_interp_ratio

anyone who recommends anything else has no idea what he is talking about.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking

If I understand this correctly cl_interp_ratio is just a more convenient way to handle cl_interp because it directly ties the value to the snapshot rate, i.e. (if the cl_updaterate is correct) then interp_ratio X is X snapshots behind

Last edited by Schmuse,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Schmuse

[…]

If I understand this correctly cl_interp_ratio is just a more convenient way to handle cl_interp because it directly ties the value to the snapshot rate

yes

cl_interp is an obsolete command since cl_interp_ratio functions much better. It should be removed from the Source engine since it just causes confusion when people come up with misconceptions about the command.

Setsul

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

yes

cl_interp is an obsolete command since cl_interp_ratio functions much better. It should be removed from the Source engine since it just causes confusion when people come up with misconceptions about the command.

Valve believed it was removed when cl_interp_ratio was added. Turns out some programmer forgot to do it (at least that’s what he said).

Monkeh

.:ne:.

If this question doesn’t reveal just how little I understand then I wish to make it perfectly clear that I really don’t. Now then, the question:

Does it have any affect on the medic heal beam latching on to people?

ash

(Legend)
:D

No, that’s just you being horrible, sorry. ;)

Monkeh

Quoted from ash

No, that’s just you being horrible, sorry. ;)

Goddam it, I’m running out of excuses…

Setsul

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Goddam it, I’m running out of excuses…

blame
– ping
– fps
– team

should be easy as a medic.

Collaide

And here comes the noob.

What is interp?

Read, then understand.

Then set cl_interp to lowest possible for projectile classes(usually 0.0152)
And set whatever you want for hitscan classes. (0.0152 – 0.1 are all good values)

irfx

EPA

Quoted from fanny_filth

Then set cl_interp to lowest possible for projectile classes(usually 0.0152)
And set whatever you want for hitscan classes. (0.0152 – 0.1 are all good values)

Quoted from ondkaja

cl_interp 0

limit your interp using cl_interp_ratio

anyone who recommends anything else has no idea what he is talking about. just another one of those “i got a 4k on this interp clearly it should be at 0.026364528346526735446”

cl_interp_ratio 1 or 2 is all you need

AnimaL

i wonder how many decent soldiers actually use the “recommended” 30.3ms interp instead of minimum one

Last edited by AnimaL,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

? I thought the lowest was the best for projectiles. Thought 30.3 was for hitscan or something.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »