Forum

Incredibly strong pl_upward third point hold

Created 20th July 2013 @ 17:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

quintosh

wL.

check out this reddit post (and thanks to Python for the video)

http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/1ip3p9/viable_pl_upward_3rd_point_hold/

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

sniper

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Muuki

sniper

yes, thanks for your input, carry sniper teams are finally useless

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

yes, thanks for your input, carry sniper teams are finally useless

no, i mean that a decent-ish sniper will just shoot people if you try to hold like this

Python

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

no, i mean that a decent-ish sniper will just shoot people if you try to hold like this

The Sniper doesn’t have much of a sightline on the engineer, and if he decides to pick off someone from the combo at bridge, he will get cleaned up quickly by a scout/sol/sniper

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

debatable, but this isn’t a hold for lower end teams, I have to admit

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

How are you planning to prevent the demo from just walking under you and killing you? Please keep in mind that he is not the only player on the opposing team

quintosh

wL.

you have denial of the house with sticks and you can fall out really fast if anything goes wrong, if they push the house they get forced early by the sentry or the sniper picks people off

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Falling out = going towards the sentry or dropping down? in each case I really don’t see why you would use this hold and sacrifice 2 holds if all you do with this hold is fall back or drop down to your death

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Muuki

Falling out = going towards the sentry or dropping down? in each case I really don’t see why you would use this hold and sacrifice 2 holds if all you do with this hold is fall back or drop down to your death

you never drop down or fall to your death? there’s a screenshot that shows where the demo sticks the house and if anything messes up he just falls back to the shack and sticks the door in the other picture
if people run through there they get cratered because the way the stickies are placed the explosion causes them to fly in an angle that they drop instantly into the crater

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

you never drop down or fall to your death? there’s a screenshot that shows where the demo sticks the house and if anything messes up he just falls back to the shack and sticks the door in the other picture
if people run through there they get cratered because the way the stickies are placed the explosion causes them to fly in an angle that they drop instantly into the crater

How do you plan on always detonating those stickies there without any vision? By the way, the spy can jump into the catwalk area so the spy isn’t rendered useless as you say in your post.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

How do you plan on always detonating those stickies there without any vision? By the way, the spy can jump into the catwalk area so the spy isn’t rendered useless as you say in your post.

you stand right in the door, unless you are blind and a sniper peeks around with a full charged shot he is the only person to kill you, if shit gets dangerous (like if multiple people push in at the same time and you dont have time to replace your sticks or the whole combo goes sewers) you just walk backwards to catwalk to the heavy and medic and put your stickies here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ2grcYMNpg

Jude

notdoggo

Quoted from Muuki

sniper

Popcorp

Ok lets say you put sentry in that place like in video, engie is left behind of the team, far ahead from Medic, he sits behind sentry for example, and now lets say usual Sentry spot ( near Med ammo pack ), lets say Spy with Ambassador is sitting there and he headshots Engie, what Engie is going to do? If he decides to just take a position where Spy won’t be able to headshot him, it makes him visible for Sniper, who can instead of Headshotting, easily Bodyshot an Engie. Spy WILL be a Major distraction for an Engie, if you send Scout to deal with a Spy, your flank will be weakened

And Wrangler won’t help to kill that Spy from far distance, because of recent Wrangler accuracy nerf and just distance, especially if you gonna use wrangler to shoot at someone who is on 2nd point, it will be useless, you will do like Small amount of damage and alot of missed bullets

In other words, Spy and Sniper/Maybe Solly too coordination and That sentry spot is useless, and dont forget that Demo can simply Sticky jump on sentry and destroy it or kill engie, or both

Now lets think about combo, Demoman, as someone said in Reddit, its easy to sacrifice a player, or a scout with Bonk or just a DR spy with Friendly Disguise, or even Engie with Short circuit and stickies are gone, BLU Combo pushes in and thats it for RED Combo

“The Lv3 is also up and has a bunch of area denial.” – From who? in that spot it doesnt deny anyone, wrangler got nerfed now it’s less accurate on great distances

“A spy should not be able to pick you off in the shack as there’s one way to get you and that is to uncloak early” – doesn’t prevent good spies from Headshotting you from Last point, near stairs

My opinion: its not a good idea, you can try it in Mixes or with your own team, against a decent team ofc, if it will work, then i was wrong, but until then, i say No to this

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

What if they demospam you from the bridge?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »