Forum

New fastest process rollout?

Created 13th July 2013 @ 01:33

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Anything that minimizes walking time is always better:)
And that crouchjump ppl are talking about is indeed quite annoying:)

derdotte

Blood

crouch jumps are just insane…
anyway it would be a bit faster to put the second sticky on the floor instat of using the wall and do a crouch jump again this maybe saves half of a second maybe 1 second.
the airpogo and slide wasnt not quite perfect its possible to grab the medpick with a little slide on the stairs at mid got it sometimes in mixes saves around half of a second.
that would be the fastest possible rollout i think:
1. spawnjump to door
2. sticky on floor
3. crouch jump with it and slide though the door
4. put sticky on floor and crouch jump
5. airpogo in air (obvious :P)
6. slide normal ramp at choke
7. slide little stairs and grab medpack
would say it is possible to be at mid at .49

Last edited by derdotte,

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from derdotte

anyway it would be a bit faster to put the second sticky on the floor instat of using the wall and do a crouch jump again this maybe saves half of a second maybe 1 second.
the airpogo and slide wasnt not quite perfect its possible to grab the medpick with a little slide on the stairs at mid got it sometimes in mixes saves around half of a second.
1. spawnjump to door
2. sticky on floor
5. airpogo in air

look at the video i posted earlier, i clipped the wall after the first slide so i lost like half a second other than that mine is exactly as you described it :D

Setsul

Quoted from derdotte

1. spawnjump to door
2. sticky on floor
5. airpogo in air (obvious :P)

No, the second slide would slow you down considerably because of the angle you’d hit the stairs.

quintosh

wL.

if you get the airpogo right you can land on the healthpack but thats about as hard as edgebugging the bridge on the gunboats rollout

Setsul

Quoted from quintosh

if you get the airpogo right you can land on the healthpack but thats about as hard as edgebugging the bridge on the gunboats rollout

Yeah but 9:49 without using the best possible jumps? I don’t think so.

derdotte

Blood

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

look at the video i posted earlier, i clipped the wall after the first slide so i lost like half a second other than that mine is exactly as you described it :D

did not see the link before even then its slower then i got a few days ago.
Quoted from Setsul

[…]
No, the second slide would slow you down considerably because of the angle you’d hit the stairs.

not if you use the airpogo correctly the way how you slide can be changed where and when you detonate your sticky in air.
if its directly in you it will give you the max speed and push you forward -> slide angle will be around 70° and 110°.
if its a bit under your model you will fly high and wont get enough speed -> no slide
if its above your model it will give you slightly less speed (like 100 ups) and does give you the jump that was shown in the start boost with the “perfect airpogo”
this means if you can perfectly place your sticky in your model you will get a lot of speed and a most likely horizontal angle what gives you a fast x-axis and a not that high y-axis -> fast landing and even faster grab.
its just the way how you place your sticky it needs a ton of practice to do this consistently its not meanless the hardest demo technique to learn.

DavidTheWin

(ETF2L Donator)
BTWFC
[ᴛᴍᴍ]

“new” been half heartedly practicing this for months

I think if you could get it down to 75%+ consistency, it’s more viable than the normal rollout. If you miss the air sticky completely, it’s like failing the normal rollout’s second surf. The problem arises when you mess the air pogo up but still take the damage from the sticky. That, with fall damage, is enough to leave you at most 30hp in choke which isn’t a good situation.

Last edited by DavidTheWin,

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from DavidTheWin

“new” been half heartedly practicing this for months

yeah :ddd

Setsul

I am talking about the second slide on the last jump, the slide over the little stairs. Trust me i’m demo.

DavidTheWin

(ETF2L Donator)
BTWFC
[ᴛᴍᴍ]

Quoted from Setsul

I am talking about the second slide on the last jump, the slide over the little stairs. Trust me i’m demo.

Getting the slide on the stairs next to the health pack on mid is optimal, it saves you about a second over walking just that little bit of concrete. When you add into that the fact that you must be going fast enough to slide that bit, you’re saving time over walking from the rock anyway. If you mean it doesn’t save you time compared to doing the airpogo slide through choke and landing by the health without sliding on the stairs then sure it might not save as much time, but you can guarantee you won’t take fall damage.

Setsul

Quoted from DavidTheWin

[…]

Getting the slide on the stairs next to the health pack on mid is optimal, it saves you about a second over walking just that little bit of concrete. When you add into that the fact that you must be going fast enough to slide that bit, you’re saving time over walking from the rock anyway. If you mean it doesn’t save you time compared to doing the airpogo slide through choke and landing by the health without sliding on the stairs then sure it might not save as much time, but you can guarantee you won’t take fall damage.

Yes, i meant that flying to the medpack is faster and that 9:49 with that little slide isn’t possible. Compared to not reaching the medpack it’s better but that’s like telling me that a sticky jump is faster than walking.

Setlet

And then you realize that being fast in process isn’t that useful anyways.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Setlet

And then you realize that being fast in process isn’t that useful anyways.

no? the roamer rollout is a .43 on your healthpack which means you have at least 3 seconds to prefire him or get to a safe spot

Kaneco

>not going sewers everytime

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »