Forum

Byte mentoring: Drop-in/Individuals/Teams [6vs6/Highlander] - 16/02/2013

Created 15th February 2013 @ 13:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1

byte

Hey guys n girls

Will be doing a long mentoring session this Saturday from 2pm onwards, had a massive influx come in since I changed my steam name, so I guess alot of people want help.

I am taking in suggestions as to how you want to do it, I have my own 33man server, and a mumble which can take x slots etc…

I will be streaming this too and saving the VOD so all the people that come by who want to revisit what was said can do.

http://twitch.tv/tcm_byte

So did you want to do a drop-in type of thing?

Or

Just you add me on steam friends/irc and wait your turn as a person/team?

Or….?

Am open to other suggestions

Let me know through this thread!

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

accless

cp_

Sounds amazing. Do you have a rough idea how this’ll be structured content-wise?
I wouldn’t mind a drop in format if the demand is high.

Last edited by accless,

byte

Quoted from accless

Sounds amazing. Do you have a rough idea how this’ll be structured content-wise?
I wouldn’t mind a drop in format if the demand is high.

Well depending on what I end up doing i.e. a drop-in or just upon request, the usual format is either go over demo(s) or the team asking alot of questions about their classes or their problems on a particular map. Any question related to 6vs6/9vs9 I guess.

Cheers

Byte

marez

vc
9 ☆

I like that idea. Maybe if there will be a lot of people requesting you could also do a stream. I think fraac will post announcement or event in his mix group, it only needs a confirmation.

byte

Quoted from marez

I like that idea. Maybe if there will be a lot of people requesting you could also do a stream. I think fraac will post announcement or event in his mix group, it only needs a confirmation.

yea forgot to mention it will be streamed, so I’ve edited my original post.

Maidos was talking about me advertising on newbie 6vs6 mix or something?

Cheers

Byte

accless

cp_

Not sure if I can still add you via steam. Your friends list is pretty full already

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Cool. You know there’s the Blackout Newbie Cup at the same time, yeah? I mean there should be big enough gaps in it that people can drop in to yours. http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-24279/?recent=433575

Also, I’ll tell people in my newbie mix.

huhystah

Move it to different time so that blackout gaming tourny doesn’t fade away

byte

Removed more friends off steam.

So I have a good idea, I will be available from 2pm, and you can add me on steam here, and it will work by request I guess.

So one of my ideas is alongside this is at 20cet I have a team who want mentoring, and I need another team who have 6 wanting to be mentored, so that we can go over attack vs defence positions on maps I think it would be hugely beneficial.

So I have 1 team up for that need another! the more the merrier! Anyway catch y’all tomoz

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

byte

Excellent have 2 teams now for 20cet, it will be a ‘stand-off’ 6vs6 mentoring session. What this means is we set up a scenario on a particular map, and “de-bug” the situation and see where it went wrong, what was right and what was wrong.

I think this will benefit alot, I will be streaming this too, so stay tuned for that as well. I have space on my friends list now so if you’re wanting help before 20cet msg be after 15cet and I can help.

Info of server and mumble will be given after speaking to the person etc.

Cheers

Byte

byte

Okay one of the teams have 4 ppl, so other teams avail around that time post a reply here or add me on steam friends

Cheers

Byte

add

Was a helpful mentoring session. The scenarios on mid’s are definately useful for teams that don’t know what positions they have to take on mid’s, and the fact that you can ask any question about a particular point on a map about what’s a good thing to do and why, is really nice. I really recommend mentoring sessions such as these to div 4-6 teams. You could learn alot from it. :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1