Forum

Syringe Gun vs Blutsauger vs Crusaders Crossbow vs Overdose - Which is the best?

Created 30th December 2012 @ 01:57

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Bighomer

ƒusg

use either crossbow or syringe gun, whatever suits you best.
Or if you are very crazy use both.

Ace

This thread again?
Crossbow.

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

Quoted from Defur

But I really am fond of the idea of getting the rollouts more quick than the other medic to gain advantage in middle – so for me it’s probably going to be overdose from on.

you are not so fond of healing your soldiers to mid then?

Dikker

4-25

crossbow. like byte said – if u can aim

overdose? if we will playing viaduct or others koth maps – yes

kalhó

MM
Nave

Since we’re there, can anyone explain me how to aim needles?

Cuttlefish

6v6

One thing I’ve noticed is that lower-div Crossbow medics are often pretty trigger-happy and think they’ll get amazing streaks with it, which rarely happens.

Last edited by Cuttlefish,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from ilike2spin

Why are people suggesting the stock syringe gun is viable now? Have I missed something? I thought the Overdose is exactly the same in terms of damage and regen but better in that it allows for the speed boost. Why would anyone use the syringe?

-10% damage on overdose

Leif

Quoted from Cuttlefish

One thing I’ve noticed is that lower-div Crossbow medics are often pretty trigger-happy and think they’ll get amazing streaks with it, which rarely happens.

That’s fucking true. I used to do that sometimes and I constantly keep failing most times.

Short sad story: If you cant hit crossbow (which I couldnt) quite consistantly use that, otherwise it’s just wasted time lost on healing your teammates and building ubers, also it is more difficult to defend yourself while escaping (as it has ever been easy, but now we have gunboats so who cares); else use syringe gun (overdose now).
Except granary, imo there are no suitable place to use crossbow on that efficiently even if you can hit, whereas it’s by far more likely that you’ll need to spam needles throgh the infinites chock and corridors to escape from scouts/sollys chasing you.

Last edited by Leif,

svins

alus
P.O.P

Hi!

I use needle gun because its very good at killing many opponents.

Xbow is nice for long range scout takedowns.

But the needle gun is still better tbh imo.

Allyy

personal choice in the end

overdose (syringes/blutsauger are pointless by comparison) are better at a lower skill but will become less and less useful for escaping as you learn how to position better/read the game, and actually play against scouts who can string 2-3 shots together and won’t run in a straight line

amused at all the people talking about how overdose will speed up pace of the game as I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be healing your team/building uber, I’m sure scouts will love having to stop slightly less often while running with you to mid before they can get a buff and later in the game you dying on 90+% because you didn’t build properly

on average you’ll be around 50% uber, so what +5% movement speed on a tiny amount of occasions? tbh by the end of next season you could probably make an hour long clip of times when a medic has tried to hold an uber using the overdose to dodge and not been able to switch in time, died, made their team rage, etc…

against gunboats too, when soldiers with just jump you (not sure how many soldiers would strafe in the air chasing a single medic), where crossbow has the potential to deny a jump and do ~50 damage in the air (compared to hitting 5 needles if you’re lucky for the same damage and not denying at all)

tl;dr play crossbow if you can aim with it, if you can’t and want to be a better medic, learn to aim with it

Last edited by Allyy,

DeusVox

^ This so much !

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Admirable

If you make a habit of switching to it in the scenarios where healing isn’t important

Please do elaborate on these scenarios.

Crossbow seems to be the only choice imho. Even with my legendary bad aim I’ve saved a few long distance, (stationary), soldiers or demos, who have gone on to win us a mid fight or push. I’ve killed heavies at last. I’ve finished off medics after a call of them being low and I’ve even hit an occasional airshot on aggro sollies as well as killed a fair few pesky scouts too.

Did I mention my aim was terrible? Well it is. If I can make it work then anyone can.

ilike2spin

RLM

Tried playing with overdose a little last night and I definitely think it’s a viable option now. The main advantage that gets overlooked is the speed with which you can move between fights. For example if you win the mid point and know you won’t be contested to the enemy 2nd point you can move there faster, given you should have uber by that stage. The introduction of gunboats/escape plan means the lack of heals for your soldiers between fights is much less of an issue and your team can be ready and set up for the next fight faster and with your medic.

There are plenty of situations where your team doesn’t need heals and your ability to get into a strong position ahead of the next fight is important. That’s when the overdose excels, not when you’re trying to run away from scouts as seems to be the main suggestion. Although it does add some additional survivability, that alone wouldn’t be enough to make it better than the crossbow imo. The extra speed could be used really effectively and I think some of the applications are being overlooked.

Zoidberg

Crossbow, pretty much always. It is worth learning to aim with it. I mostly play mixes, so if I feel like I am gonna be confronted by scouts all the time, then I use needles. But the damage the crossbow does is a lot more useful, especially for picking low soldiers or scouts trying to get you.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Zoidberg

Crossbow, pretty much always. It is worth learning to aim with it. I mostly play mixes, so if I feel like I am gonna be confronted by scouts all the time, then I use needles. But the damage the crossbow does is a lot more useful, especially for picking low soldiers or scouts trying to get you.

Nice to see someone from the South African scene posting :).

Last edited by Si^,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »