Forum

Any experiences or tips about GUNBOATS?

Created 28th December 2012 @ 17:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

JohnnyZ

Sexy

Hi,
I tried to play with gunboats all day, but i think it’s terrible.
-No shotgun
-You are suicide machine
Do you think gunboats are good?I need your experiences and tips.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from JohnnyZ

Hi,
I tried to play with gunboats all day, but i think it’s terrible.
-No shotgun
[…]

youdontsay.jpg

Jump in, get a pick, jump out.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Be a distraction. Jump to flanks and behind enemies, don’t get heals away from your pocket. You are basically a scout, living on health packs, not heals.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Keep in mind you don’t have to keep then on all the time. Roll out with them and get to mid super fast, kill demo or medic, jump out. If you die you can go back to shotgun as you spawn.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

You are a distraction and a single pick class. Don’t expect to get many 2-4 kills as a gunboats soldier, you just lack the firepower for it.

JohnnyZ

Sexy

thx

djc

d2f~

gunboats are an unlock that allow you to enhance your survivability by oodles of poodles. you are not confined to being “just” a dude who suicides in to get medics or crucial picks, your goal while using gunboats is to find a way to use the lessened self damage in order to open up holes for your team to push through. while that goal is often achieved via a medic kill or a demoman kill, it can also be done by just doing damage.

try playing like this – jump in with the gunboats, fighting from an angle of advantage (i.e. you possess the high ground, or are fighting on flat terrain). shoot several rockets at key classes (usually you can create an opening either by damaging the scouts and weakening the flank, or by damaging the demoman enough to force the heals to go to him and making him retreat), and do this while making sure to keep one rocket loaded in your clip so that you can escape from the fight and come back later.

instead of using gunboats like a free suicide unlock and going deep into a fight expecting to die every time, try using them as a method of keeping yourself alive further on the flank, prolonging the engagements that you take, keeping yourself in a position to deal damage.

Snyyppis

RLM

Jump around on mids like a kangaroo on crack

Le meme arrows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbFA2LH5OIM

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from MIndYe

Be a distraction. Jump to flanks and behind enemies, don’t get heals away from your pocket. You are basically a scout, living on health packs, not heals.

Though decent roamer playys on medpacks even without gunboats anyway.
Gunboats just give way more mobility(and survivability) allowing you play more aggressive in trade of less damage output. = makes you much more usefull for the team.

alfa

Quoted from Koeitje

Don’t expect to get many 2-4 kills as a gunboats soldier, you just lack the firepower for it.

that’s a really inaccurate explanation

you can get kills and good roamers do get kills, you just have to be useful and not jump everywhere on the map without helping your team at all as most of the new gunboat roamer’s i’ve seen do

Last edited by alfa,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from alfa

[…]

that’s a really inaccurate explanation

you can get kills and good roamers do get kills, you just have to be useful and not jump everywhere on the map without helping your team at all as most of the new gunboat roamer’s i’ve seen do

Yeah, single rocket kills maybe ;)

djc

d2f~

ya it’s not like the best roamer in the world, blaze, gets multikill sprees constantly and stuff

he’s trashcan and he just bombs in and gets single kills

choey

try to shoot the walls in mid air and look cool?

Regen

nf.
9F

steal the enemy health kit on process middle :<

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »