Forum

LF Team Mentor... But there's a Catch.

Created 10th January 2012 @ 05:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Treayn

#AC

The catch is that we’re a NA-based team, so we’d really like to have a mentor that can work in our time zone (US East, GMT -5) and can stay up late.

If not, no big worry, we could still send over demos and have them review it in their own time.

That begs the question: “Why not just get a NA mentor?” 2 Things:

– The CEVO Vanilla Challenge is basically running EU rules.
– I, personally, like the way EU plays, and I’d think running EU strats in NA might shake things up a bit. Not sure if there’s much difference between NA/EU in low/low+ games though.

Ideally we’d like a div3/div4 mentor, but I guess we’ll go with whatever replies we get.

Our team’s looking to head into UGC, CEVO, and CEVO-V. ESEA’s further down the road.

Thanks for looking!

Dummy

no difference besides demos being used a bit less in na than eu at a lower level

Trane

EU > NA, they even know it themselves!

Treayn

#AC

I guess I should ask some other questions then:

How differently do soldiers play with vanilla rules? Do they position themselves further back than NA? How drastic does the lack of Equalizer change things up?

When working with uber, NA tends to uber in and DM on the point/area taken.
EU tends to uber in, force the enemy uber, back out, and fight after the uber. What’s the thought process behind this?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Treayn

I guess I should ask some other questions then:

How differently do soldiers play with vanilla rules? Do they position themselves further back than NA? How drastic does the lack of Equalizer change things up?

Pocket soldier should barely notice the lack of an Equalizer in most of his gameplay. For the roamer it means you have to pay more attention to your positioning and timing. You can’t be as ballsy anymore and get away with it as easily as you could with an Equalizer.

When working with uber, NA tends to uber in and DM on the point/area taken.
EU tends to uber in, force the enemy uber, back out, and fight after the uber. What’s the thought process behind this?

You can bait people to follow you out and outflank them and overrun them if you play it right. You don’t always back out either, it really depends on how the first few seconds of the uber play out there’s a bunch of variables that you would look at while deciding how you act with your uber.

– Number advantage/disadvantage
– Positional advantage/disadvantage
– Had to multi alot/Opponent multi’d alot
– Who popped first
– Time difference between uber start
– Overall health of the team

From there you either decide to back out or stay in and push.

I’d be willing to have a look at your soldiers demo’s if it’s any help. I would extend that offer to the other classes but I don’t think I know enough about them to be of any help :P

Last edited by herpderp,

Treayn

#AC

Quoted from herpderp

I’d be willing to have a look at your soldiers demo’s if it’s any help. I would extend that offer to the other classes but I don’t think I know enough about them to be of any help :P

I’ll certainly take you up on that offer.
Sorry, I’ve just been getting my team to scrim constantly for the last two weeks.

Umm to something more basic and general: How does a team improve on voice comms, as opposed to Positioning and DM?

Usually our flank doesn’t communicate well with our heavies, and what tends to happen is that the flank collapses, and remaining combo/demo gets overwhelmed.

The flank’s been told to call what they see, call amount of damage done, and oftentimes they still manage to leak out and die. How can I/we fix this?

On that note, now looking for scout mentors, as our team desperately needs one.

konr

Quoted from Treayn

[…]

I’ll certainly take you up on that offer.
Sorry, I’ve just been getting my team to scrim constantly for the last two weeks.

Umm to something more basic and general: How does a team improve on voice comms, as opposed to Positioning and DM?

Usually our flank doesn’t communicate well with our heavies, and what tends to happen is that the flank collapses, and remaining combo/demo gets overwhelmed.

The flank’s been told to call what they see, call amount of damage done, and oftentimes they still manage to leak out and die. How can I/we fix this?

On that note, now looking for scout mentors, as our team desperately needs one.

Add me. I’ll try help your scouts :)

herpderp

DAKKA

derpfailpost.

Last edited by herpderp,

atrox_

WaAS?

Quoted from konr

[…]Add me. I’ll try help your scouts :)

I wouldn’t. You’re probably better already off

konr

Quoted from atrox_

[…]

I wouldn’t. You’re probably better already off

Stop stalking me it’s quite pathetic.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from konr

[…]Stop stalking me it’s quite pathetic.

no u

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Tell your scouts to not be shy to ask for help. If they see both the enemy scouts and the roamer heading their way then your roamer should be pinging his way to help, then it’s a fair fight and it’s down to DM, but 2 scouts + roamer will always beat 2 scouts….

Make sure they can call….”Need help flank”

Add A Reply Pages: 1