Forum

From one dummy to other dummies: Playing medic

Created 14th December 2011 @ 16:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Thalash

wG
S-O

MEDIC EZ ROAD TO PREM :)))

Who am I kidding, pressing mouse2 is hard for me.

Last edited by Thalash,

Toasty

6m.

Last edited by Toasty,

Gideon

Still no response from Dummy. Is he dead?

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

“Let your team know how close you are to über. Don’t bore them with meaningless percentages though – learn how long it will take, in seconds, until you have full über. “10 seconds till über!” is much more understandable than “86%!”. You’ll find that your team will actually realise when you have über rather than being preoccupied with trying to work out what that percentage thingy means.”

For most people saying I have 80% let’s them know much more than timings. Like who really knows how long 10seconds are or 20seconds are. Our % and how far ahead or behind our % is to theirs is all you need to know.

Also some of the medics in recommended list, really shouldn’t be recommended

Greg

TEZC

Quoted from CommanderX

“Let your team know how close you are to über. Don’t bore them with meaningless percentages though – learn how long it will take, in seconds, until you have full über. “10 seconds till über!” is much more understandable than “86%!”. You’ll find that your team will actually realise when you have über rather than being preoccupied with trying to work out what that percentage thingy means.”

For most people saying I have 80% let’s them know much more than timings. Like who really knows how long 10seconds are or 20seconds are. Our % and how far ahead or behind our % is to theirs is all you need to know.

+1

ijswezel

swimp

Quoted from Spike Himself

For those who care, I play 1920*860, giving me an FoV of roughly 120 degrees.

whatup letterbox buddy, i just have to make a no content post about this. i’ve been running in 1920×600 for a good long while now (represent!), and it is pretty much the best. i can see through time http://steamcommunity.com/id/good_dog/screenshot/612718837059189705?tab=public

plus because it’s so fisheyed it gives me the impression i’m going really fast all the time and justifies my constant race car noises into the comms

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from CommanderX

WHERE IS YOUR NAME COMMANDERX

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

WHERE IS YOUR NAME COMMANDERX

Where it should be, off the list

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from CommanderX

[…]

Where it should be, off the list

Actually forgot you :(

Why should some names not be there though? (or more interestingly; which ones? :D) They’re all “higher div” medics and this guide is aimed at newcomers.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

dodgydogman

Panda

At least from a non medic pov, uber timing seems to be WAY more important than dm for a medic. Being able to tell your team the time they have left to kill the medic or cap the point before they have uber during a push is crucial on so many levels.

Ozku, you have uber timing hax or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUHA7uL_POU

Last edited by dodgydogman,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

“10 seconds till über!” is much more understandable than “86%!”. You’ll find that your team will actually realise when you have über rather than being preoccupied with trying to work out what that percentage thingy means.

Damn pocket not building uber again! Lazy bastard!

When you use über, judge whether it was a useful über or not. If you were forced and had to über way too early for the push you were planning, it is a “bad” über. If you über several seconds after your opponent did and you kept everyone alive with yours, it was a “good” über. Let your team know so they know what to expect from the push.

If this happens too often then you should really start getting on the same wavelength as your team. Lacking comms or just an inadequate understanding of the game’s logistics will cause failed pushes with useless ubers. Decide who your “main” caller is (at least, who on mumble should be calling a push)

This, again, falls back onto your decision making. Can you afford to lose a certain player? If yes, then by all means don’t share the über (it will last longer!). If not, do share it, but keep in mind that every time you swap to a different player, the time your über lasts will decrease.

This seems like risky advice. I cannot think of any realistic scenario where it’s better to let a teammate die than to give him uber flash. Post-uber, man advantage (which means more total team HP and damage output, not to mention the possibility to distract and flank) is extremely important. If you are basically forced to multi-uber and realize that your uber will drain faster than the enemy’s, just instantly respond to it: call it and start taking a defensive position with your team.

But tbh, this advice is just making up for bad team coordination. People should at least vaguely know if they’re part of the uber push or if they need to be on the other side of the area, or just hanging back waiting to come in post-uber.

Sometimes it’s viable for the medic to run onto the stickied last point so that the enemy demo will detonate his stickies. You will die, but your team will win! Don’t do this if you’re equal or lower on numbers though!

If your team is going to do that at all, it’s generally better for a soldier to do that. You keep the healing power of the med, damage output/point blocking ability of the demo, and capping speed of the scouts. But rather just focus enemy demo or shoot stickies. All this “team” advice and “uber advice” is so context-sensitive though. The only way to truly know what to do in a given situation is just developing good play-by-play decisionmaking, which you only get from playing lots and learning from it (and not being a retard).

Quoted from Taimou

Also in high end games, medics can specialize in small knipknap things, like bunnyhopping in downhill ramps/little stuff, because they really make you go faster even if you think they won’t. There’s shitload of stuff you can do as a medic that can turn the tide of the game or do surprisingly cool stuff, but people just don’t know/care about them and that makes me ill, if you want to be good, you should know your shit.

Some of these knipknap things and info about bhops for other ppl: http://www.orztf2.com/2010/11/26/medic-bunny-hopping-and-jumps/

Last edited by skeej,

Spike Himself

TC

Aye, a bit too much context sensitive stuff indeed. I did consider leaving those examples out entirely, but I had it typed out and had to leave so I rushed it a bit.
May edit the post later based on the feedback )))

Taimou

Aye, a bit too much context sensitive stuff indeed. I did consider leaving those examples out entirely, but I had it typed out and had to leave so I rushed it a bit.
May edit the post later based on the feedback )))

loldeleteyourpostnoobXD

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from ijswezel

[…]

whatup letterbox buddy, i just have to make a no content post about this. i’ve been running in 1920×600 for a good long while now (represent!), and it is pretty much the best. i can see through time http://steamcommunity.com/id/good_dog/screenshot/612718837059189705?tab=public

Eyefinity medic represent! :D

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-16137/page-1/?recent=289962#post-289876

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Califax

Here are two example score-screenshot, so you can get an idea of what i see… http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/778/cpbadlands0060.jpg http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4848/cpgranary0011.jpg

hory sheet o.O

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »