Forum

Question on Scout tracing + Movement.

Created 7th December 2011 @ 19:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1

tSoodle

Tracing
So from what i heard and seen tracing is basically where you keep the crosshair over the target while he moves.
My question is if it is a good idea to keep the crosshair on the middle of his body or aim slightly ahead? Whenever i do this and shoot i only end up doing about 8 dmg.

Movement:
I’ve heard that doing scout v solly on duel servers will help. (or matches) is this true?

atmo

Yeah, it’s easier to track a soldier than it is against another scout, because they move slowly when walking and fairly predictably when rocketjumping.

Asteryz

Br0
Chive

Do whatever works for you.

AnimaL

tf2 is lag compensated so you should aim AT body when you shoot… where u aim before you shoot is up to you, i personally just twitch without tracking :D

Coco

[d¿s]

Yeah I just kinda smack my crosshair into the enemy aswell, just because I’m bad at tracking :D
Also, I used to aim for people’s chest but you do slightly more damage if you aim more in the middle of the model. Like top of his legs/crotch :)

wrock

vier

Tracing vs. Soldier –> imba
Vs. Good scouts its nearly impossible if He tries to dodge you, in that Situation good movement and Position prediction counts

Its important as scout to set the cl_interp value right and have stable fps

wampee

Quoted from AnimaL

tf2 is lag compensated so you should aim AT body when you shoot… where u aim before you shoot is up to you, i personally just twitch without tracking :D

Last edited by wampee,

dodgydogman

Panda

Click da people.

nvc

Accurate tracking is overrated in TF2, you should ALWAYS look to make the first shot, and it should be +80dmg, and then there’s the reload time on the scatter gun too (it’s not a SMG). If you know you can’t put yourself in a position to hit the first shot, there’s no point engaging beyond dealing consistent damage at distance with a pistol or something… and then it could be relevant with a pistol… but the spread on the pistol isn’t exactly forgiving. Sure it might help to some degree, but your time playing 3h of deathmatch a day would be better spent elsewhere… like watching a demo and stealing all of Bybben’s or Wltrs’ positions.

Last edited by nvc,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from nvc

Accurate tracking is overrated in TF2, you should ALWAYS look to make the first shot, and it should be +80dmg, and then there’s the reload time on the scatter gun too (it’s not a SMG). If you know you can’t put yourself in a position to hit the first shot, there’s no point engaging beyond dealing consistent damage at distance with a pistol or something… and then it could be relevant with a pistol… but the spread on the pistol isn’t exactly forgiving. Sure it might help to some degree, but your time playing 3h of deathmatch a day would be better spent elsewhere… like watching a demo and stealing all of Bybben’s or Wltrs’ positions.

Everybody says that, yet you have TviQ on the other hand.

TviQ

ft.

I’ve never watched a demo :) to learn positioning

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from TviQ

I’ve never watched a demo :) to learn positioning

It explains a lot.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]