Forum

looking for a scout mentor

Created 17th September 2011 @ 12:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1

ElecX

i have buy tf2 in 2009 i know but i dont have play too much this game because i was on other fps (l4d cod etc etc) i have 28 years old and i’m a cool guy.
I’m looking for a scout to help me get better
thank you for taking the time to read

my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011459554/

ElecX :)

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Hello and welcome, check this thread out, it’s amazing, but also see this thread, this steam group and this one too. Good luck, TF2 is the best fps around, you know, just FYI.

ElecX

Quoted from Monkeh

Hello and welcome, check this thread out, it’s amazing, but also see this thread, this steam group and this one too. Good luck, TF2 is the best fps around, you know, just FYI.

idk really my div but my friends say to me im div4 div3.
idk how do I know really my level
thx

ElecX

nobody for add me? :'(

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

:'[

laerin

-9w-

You’ll find more help in the threads monkeh linked. Plenty of material there. The doublemix steam group especially will let you play 6v6 with a bunch of other newer players and some experienced players helping out.

Koala

do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFmgAsVfkp8

dodgydogman

Panda

What div are the friends?
Also, you dont need a mentor, just watch other div3/4 scouts and try to work out how their thought process works when handling different situations.

Also you will need to spend some time on dm server or tr_walkway.

Monkeh

Quoted from ElecX

idk really my div but my friends say to me im div4 div3.
idk how do I know really my level
thx

The only real way to know your level is playing in a team getting “div whatever” practice games against other teams. Mixes against div 3-4 players does not make YOU a div 3/4 player.

As TF2 is MASSIVELY about teamwork, (the clue is in the title), you could have div 2 death matching but less than div 6 gamesense..making you…who knows?

Dont worry about ‘your level’ just yet anyway. Find some people you like playing with and who like playing with you and see how it goes, if you’re top scoring every map in div 5 practice matches, you may be div 4…if you top score every map in div 4 matches, you might be div 3 etc.

But I say again, beating a div 2 player in MGE or mixes or whatever does not make you div 2…gamesense is much more important than DM in TF2.

tl:dr Find some nice poeple to play with and see how it goes. Dont rush and expect to be playing in the prem season 11, take your time, learn the game and have fun.

hans

Also judging from what you said so far, maybe you should be looking on a french forum…

Pour autant que je puisse juger, il vaut mieux que tu cherches sur un board francais…

ElecX

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

The only real way to know your level is playing in a team getting “div whatever” practice games against other teams. Mixes against div 3-4 players does not make YOU a div 3/4 player.

As TF2 is MASSIVELY about teamwork, (the clue is in the title), you could have div 2 death matching but less than div 6 gamesense..making you…who knows?

Dont worry about ‘your level’ just yet anyway. Find some people you like playing with and who like playing with you and see how it goes, if you’re top scoring every map in div 5 practice matches, you may be div 4…if you top score every map in div 4 matches, you might be div 3 etc.

But I say again, beating a div 2 player in MGE or mixes or whatever does not make you div 2…gamesense is much more important than DM in TF2.

tl:dr Find some nice poeple to play with and see how it goes. Dont rush and expect to be playing in the prem season 11, take your time, learn the game and have fun.

I understand better the principle of DIV now before I did not understand ty and I spent considerable time in Dm as it I started with this

thank you to the other for having responded :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1