Forum

ETF2L policy on non keyboard/mouse input and league/ladder play

Created 15th March 2010 @ 21:42

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Tikcus

What is ETF2L policy on non keyboard/mouse input and league/ladder play?

reason for question

Short story, I’m no longer able to use a mouse due to RSI, therefore if i continue playing it will be using another input device (e.g. touch screen/multi touch device or something better).

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Touch screen tf2? This sounds fun :p

I’m not sure we have a policy that covers any of these being not allowed at present. If you get an idea of what you would like to use, please let us know and we can see how we can help :)

If you’re gonna use the Novint Falcon, there’s an issue with the Targe in that the Falcon can curve like +left and +right can, essentially forcing you to exploit.

octochris

(0v0)

Realistically touch screen simply will not work unless you make some sort of addon for it.

I can’t imagine you’d be able to use a Falcon with RSI either…

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Is this a permanent thing Tik? Hit me up on steam.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

If you’re gonna use the Novint Falcon, there’s an issue with the Targe in that the Falcon can curve like +left and +right can, essentially forcing you to exploit.

thats not really an exploit. Since the NF runs at normal parameters you don’t exploit anything.

Tbh, its Valve fault because they could not do a good shield.

ih

I plan to use robot manipulator to move my mouse and press keys on keyboard. And I plan to use robot sight to identify targets on screen. And also use Kalman’s filter as adaptive control algorithm to aim and kill them. I would also make neural network to learn opponents behavioral patterns by their ID. AI is going to predict all of their moves even before they think of doing them. Is this input allowed?

Sry, I had to…

FlagZero

guru
G-Yoda

Hari is a robot.

compton

cvx|

There’s no way that you can make an input device that is exactly as good as a mouse and not better at all.

Therefore, every player in ETF2L must get RSI in order to level the playing field.

Racker

You could try an ergonomic mouse:

http://www.ergonomics.co.uk/evoluent_mouse_vertical_3.html

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Racker

You could try an ergonomic mouse:

http://www.ergonomics.co.uk/evoluent_mouse_vertical_3.html

Ooooh, that looks cool. Wonder if they do one for lefties?
Edit: Yes, yes they do… http://www.evoluent.com/vm2-lsb.html

Last edited by Monkeh,

Skyride

DUCS

Or play left handed? I know several people who have ended up having to use a mouse with their left hand for the exact same reason, and ended up prefering it to using their right hand. (although not gamers to be fair).

Also compton, remember this IS a video game. :P

Last edited by Skyride,

Monkeh

He is left handed and tried last night to play with his right…. causing much frustration and swearing!

Sad face.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Monkeh

He is left handed and tried last night to play with his right…. causing much frustration and swearing!

Sad face.

Well if hes saying he can’t for that reason hes talking crap. I’m left handed and have pretty much always used my right with computer mouses. Suppose its difficult to kick a 10 year habit though.

Monkeh

He’s an ancient wonder of the world so has been using his left hand for a lot more than 10 years!

Very difficult to swop now!

(And yes, I am even ancienter I know, before anyone that knows me says so :p)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »