Forum

Jittery demos on playback

Created 21st January 2010 @ 02:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Sammage

rEJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UIMSCIjqF8

Is there any way to make a demo smoother on playback? I’ve uploaded an example on youtube to show you what i mean, my movement is kind of jumpy and stuttery in a bunch of demos. If there’s just a command or something that will fix that on playback I would be very grateful!

Grem

rEJ
TG

Go to bed sammage!

.____________.

Have that aswell, though seems to only be the first 2-5 minutes of a demo or something. Unsure if its like that for you, but replaying the demo a couple of times should help, unless the demo is just.. i dunno, simply recorded on a shite fps no matter how high it normally is.

edit: took me 10 minutes to realize how amazingly helpful that was. also i found my edit button after searching for 15, go me.

Last edited by .____________.,

iQue

keso

Some demos just are laggy as shit no matter what you do… could have been bad net while recording or something else.

You can use this while recording to get rid of most jitter that isn’t related to the laggyness of the demo, so to speak:

host_framerate: whatever you want
host_timescale: something really low, like 0.001

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Any STV demo I watch is smooth as an African Princesses inner thighs, however any POV demo I try to watch, either mine or someone else’s, is very laggy. Any ideas?

pischto

MTF!
MTF

bump,

any solution to this ? :s

tesco

mrp.

cl_smooth 1; cl_smoothtime 0.001; host_timescale 0.00001

Add A Reply Pages: 1