Forum

How to move tf2 folder to second hdd

Created 30th December 2009 @ 13:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Wobblit

Also if you use Windows 7 (possibly Vista too) you should rightclick steam.exe and run it as adminitrator so it can update the registry settings to point to the new steam location. You only have to do this once.

lolage

TSPAG

Hurray it worked, thanks so much !!!! :D
“thread can be closed”

So did you uninstall it or not?

AnimaL

c – program files – steam – steamapps> copy paste

whats so hard?

I wish it was that simple

? it is?

gryzor

For future reference, I can recommend reading up on the windows “mklink”-command. With this, you can have, for example, TF2 on drive0 and all other steam-games (dragon age!) on drive1. Very useful if you have a SDD or 10k RPM system-disk. Just move any directories you want between drives and make links in the proper places and TAADAA!!!… You can have often-used games on the speedy disk and seldom-played/stored games on the big slow disk(s) and steam still thinking they’re in the same place, hence requiring no modifications.

EDIT: Oh, this is tested and verified to work just excellent.

Last edited by gryzor,

Pyle

For future reference, I can recommend reading up on the windows “mklink”-command. With this, you can have, for example, TF2 on drive0 and all other steam-games (dragon age!) on drive1. Very useful if you have a SDD or 10k RPM system-disk. Just move any directories you want between drives and make links in the proper places and TAADAA!!!… You can have often-used games on the speedy disk and seldom-played/stored games on the big slow disk(s) and steam still thinking they’re in the same place, hence requiring no modifications.

EDIT: Oh, this is tested and verified to work just excellent.

Thanks ! This is what I need… I’m working on it right now !

gryzor

Figured this would be interesting for a great deal of people :)

Klevah

Figured this would be interesting for a great deal of people :)

You should make a thread so more peoples read it =)

Evil

What if i just want TF2 on my second hdd and not my other games? Can I have two versions of steam?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

What if i just want TF2 on my second hdd and not my other games? Can I have two versions of steam?

Doubt it, I’d imagine when you run the steam installer it’ll prompt you to uninstall first.

gryzor

There is no need to, if you read up.

Evil

nm

Last edited by Evil,

Cloud

.wldcrd!

I can recommend reading up on the windows “mklink”-command

Does this work with Windows built in NTFS linking system or something? Pretty sure there was a way to do it without tools, if I’m thinking of the right thing…

–edit

/facepalm, it’s exactly what I was thinking of in the first place, thought it was an app :P

Last edited by Cloud,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2