Forum

Google ads down the side

Created 22nd November 2009 @ 17:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Bloody thing keeps getting detected as a phishing attack, wat?

mb

keso

-snip-

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

oblivion

Probably because they are :P.

-snip-

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Removed some references to clearly unwanted things.

Also, it is being detected by what? Your browser, your AV (which), something else? What exactly does it say?

These are just your average google ads you’ll find on alot of websites, so im not sure what can be wrong.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

It’s the latest kaspersky grabbing it, not all the time.

Then again, it is “just” a phishing scam, so not too bad.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

It’s probably triggering on some specific ad they think is wrong. (Like the one selling CSS cheats =) )

oblivion

Removed some references to clearly unwanted things.

Could I ask, how is suggesting that using an addon such as adblock plus “clearly unwanted”? It would stop the ads showing therefore getting rid of the phishing warnings…considering the necessary details weren’t available, this would save cloud from seeing ad reports at least temporarily.

Back on topic, did the phishing warnings only just start showing up in the last couple of days? Try doing a manual update of your AV, that might prevent you getting false positives if that’s the problem. Alternatively (and this is a good idea anyway), run your AV to do a scan, google ads might have been hijacked and be redirecting you to viruses…which would explain the phishing warning.

Last edited by oblivion,

Waebi

‹Con›

Could I ask, how is suggesting that using an addon such as adblock plus “clearly unwanted”?

Weeeellll.
Ads = clicks = monies
adblock plus = no ads = no clicks = no monies
geddit? :D
but really, i’ve got ads enabled on this site just to support the thought of it. Try it as well.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

That. I was going to write a longer and more boring version of waebi’s post, but his one kinda covers the load.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Lol oblivion, at least I actually know what was snipped now :P

I got a feeling google took them down anyway, sent off an email to them, next day they were gone, so meh, lol

oblivion

Ah well thats fair enough, but in the context which we’re talking about I thought it would be ok (IMO in any situation it should ok as its legal :D. Edit: Minus meetings with advertisers etc *ahem* :P). Meh, I’ll keep it in mind.

If the problem persists Cloud, then I’d do what I suggested, otherwise you could disable the anti-phishing and replace it with something else…depends how annoying the problem is for you. I think it is possible to get the links hijacked and send you to a different site, so if its not a false positive by Kaspersky you could have a virus or the like.

Last edited by oblivion,

Cloud

.wldcrd!

That’s the idea for keeping it on, lol

But meh, I’m fine for now, just wanted to let the site admin people know, just in case something bad came through :P

Guess this is lockable now?

blorg

It’s the latest kaspersky grabbing it, not all the time.

Then again, it is “just” a phishing scam, so not too bad.

I’ve got Kaspersky too. It detects AOL’s Client Install CD that they sent us as a virus. It also detects Ventrilo, as a virus, even though I downloaded it from the official site.
The point I’m trying to make is that it finds alot of safe things as potentially unwanted/dangerous applications.
True story.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

the ads are annoying because if I want to watch the Sunday games
in the calendar i cant do it, because the list of games (moving the mouse on Sunday)
is hidden behind the google ad, using firefox

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

the ads are annoying because if I want to watch the Sunday games
in the calendar i cant do it, because the list of games (moving the mouse on Sunday)
is hidden behind the google ad, using firefox

Fixed now, if you do a hard refrech (ctrl + F5) it should work fine.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »