Forum

steam not opening games

Created 5th November 2009 @ 12:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1

sKaz

KP

i wanted to play l4d2 so i double clicked it and i had this http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1624/steame.png
i need to install something for steam to run properly so i clicked install, steam got stuck after a min, nothing happend i got into the game again.. but it tells me the same thing..

Last edited by sKaz,

Bury.

internecine

my 20/20 vision can’t quite pick up on that res sorry

jgmaster

BM

my 20/20 vision can’t quite pick up on that res sorry

Really? Oh and OP are you trying to run L4D2 or the demo?

Last edited by jgmaster,

sKaz

KP

i ment the demo XP.. any way i prepurchesed it and already played it.. il quote it soon and post it.. i dont know why it was at that res =/

BvD

flowerpower/

The error sais:

In order to run Steam properly, the Steam Client Service component must be installed. The installation progress requires administrator privileges and may take a couple of minutes. Depending on your Upper Account Control settings (UAC), you may see another dialog adding for permissions to continue.

Install Service – Cancel

That’s what I read

Last edited by BvD,

sKaz

KP

your good BvD :P
yea thats what it says.. anyway i did cancle then tried to get in the game again.. and i got this message again.. so i press install and steam gets stuck for a while.. when it gets back, the game did not open, the message got closed (without me doing something) so i try to go on to the game again and i get this again.

btw i tryed to restart steam and try getting in the game again but still didn’t help..
(oh and this happends with l4d2 DEMO only.)

Black_Bob

[DA]

Tried completly removing the demo then reinstalling?

Skyride

DUCS

Have you tried running Steam as admin? Close it, then right click on it in All Programs and click “Run as Administrator”.

sKaz

KP

sure i am as admin, now the last prob was over now WTF i get this..
– again pic is crappy.. so it says:
“Incomplete installation of Left 4 Dead 2 Demo (16)”

thats all.. i tried twice, same popup and game not running…

AnAkkk

sure i am as admin, now the last prob was over now WTF i get this..
– again pic is crappy.. so it says:
“Incomplete installation of Left 4 Dead 2 Demo (16)”

thats all.. i tried twice, same popup and game not running…

Go in Steam settings and take the Steam Client Beta to fix the “Incomplete installation” problem.

sKaz

KP

thanks, still doesn’t work but il use this forum. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012269 to continue.
you can lock

Add A Reply Pages: 1