Forum

ffmpeg problem

Created 19th October 2009 @ 17:28

Add A Reply Pages: 1

K, I’m trying to encode an avi with ffmpeg, but it gives me an error and won’t do it. I know it’s not the method and codec I used, since other avis made with the same method and codec get encoded perfectly fine. Is it the size of the avi? Both of the ones that won’t encode are around 4GB big while the ones that did work were 2.38GB.

Waebi

‹Con›

it MIGHT be that you’re using FAT32 as HD filesystem… in that case files larger than 4GB are not supported, meaning it would stop encoding most likely. if that’s the case, you’d have to change it to NTFS, but i doubt it’s that…

it MIGHT be that you’re using FAT32 as HD filesystem… in that case files larger than 4GB are not supported, meaning it would stop encoding most likely. if that’s the case, you’d have to change it to NTFS, but i doubt it’s that…

You mean as my hard drive partition? Both are NTFS.

Waebi

‹Con›

mmm thought so… no clue then, maybe it’s a limitation of ffmpeg (the 4g size)?
try and copy one of the 4gb files, cut it in half and then try again… if it works then it’s probably that.

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

what codec is the video?

Last edited by Salmon,

what codec is the video?

Lagarith Lossless Codec recorded, sound fixed in after effects, ffmpeg to fix video. Works fine for everything except those 2 (both are 4GB+ so I’m thinking that’s it).

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

ffmpeg doesn’t support lagarith :(

I’ll write sometime in the near future how to encode in mencoder, which is slightly better than ffmpeg.

Last edited by Salmon,

ffmpeg doesn’t support lagarith :(

I’ll write sometime in the near future how to encode in mencoder, which is slightly better than ffmpeg.

Explain how 7 other clips recorded with lagarith work perfectly fine with ffmpeg then? ô_õ

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Category:Formats_missing_in_FFmpeg

I’ve never been able to encode a video with the lagarith codec in ffmpeg.

Well I just encoded the remaining 2. Re-recording them in 2 smaller clips and encoding those worked. Guess ffmpeg has a 4GB limit.

The last movie I encoded with ffmpeg is 26GB large :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1