Forum

A few ETF2L forum suggestions

Created 7th May 2009 @ 14:10

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Moose

[MIPC]

Well, it seems that the ETF2L forum has become “the place to be” for competitive European TF2 discussion. Any chance we could get a better forum engine here, like vBulletin or something. The current one is just… bad.

Another thing which bothers me is that the Forum Activity ticker on the main page is pretty much useless for me at least since it’s always spammed with player and clan searches. You need to actually go and click each sub-forum to see if there’s anything interesting happening and all this takes time and effort :(

SfynX

T2P

id like to see a cadred style forum as well, think it would work wonders for us

Qun

GoT<3

+1 for a new messages button

N/A

RaWr ::

Time and effort? It’s a hard life.

Ypsy

I really prefer this minimal forum style (hate huge avatars, signatures etc etc). Good idea with the Forum Activity thing though!

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

I do agree vBulletin is rather nice. It also costs around 150 euro.

But anyway, what are you missing from these forums that make them so “bad”? I know it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of, say, phpbb but do you miss those?

If someone can convince me i might be persuaded.

An option to view the latest unread messages is what i’ve heard, that is a usefull addition indeed, but besides that?

Randdalf

(0v0)

I’d like to be able to click on the forum activity header (or do an RSS for it), so that I can see an extended list of new topics.

Penguin_

Invision Power Board > vBulletin. Although most more advanced boards would be better I’d say, and could make it possible for each division to have thier own sub-forum, 150€ mihgt be a bit of money, but it’s a one time cost and the ads should cover it :$

Jazzman

keso

ask for donations

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

phpbb is free :)

Pedman

sextant

I have worked with forum for some years and I must say that this community really don’t need a bigger one then this at the moment, if you should do something with the forum it would be in my opinion small things like, “remove links” etc, and maybe some new work with the website like fast menus like “Your team” and so on.

I really like this forum, easy and fast.

Comedian

phpbb is free :)

its also absolute crap

however, i am a fan of invison, but not everyone is, dunnow why really

I like phpBB :D

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

phpbb sucks, vbulletin and ipb are commercial products. I like SMF though :)
tbh, a full fledged forum software like the ones metioned above, is not something we’re switching to that fast. It’s just too bloated, won’t fit into our style, and it would take way too much effort to make it look half-decent in our template and convert everything :D

More likely is just tweaking the forum we have a bit or something else simple.

I’ve seen a few suggestions that are not rocket-science to implement, and i’ll look into that. (quoting, list of latest unread posts)

Add A Reply Pages: 1