Forum

Problems with installing a game from steam

Created 17th July 2013 @ 14:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1

shank

vs

So i was downloading l4d2 from steam when power went out, when I had power back and I started my pc, l4d2 wasn`t showing as downloading but when I clicked install in hopes of it just picking up the downloading process from the point when power went out it opened up the window that starts the instalation and didn`t let me click next since there wasn`t enough space on the disk meaning that the game had been downloaded but steam is somehow unable to find the downloaded conent?
I tried manually looking up the files so I could delete them so I could re-download the whole thing but was unable to locate them.
If anyone knows how I can delete the data that was downloaded, or help steam locate the files and instal the game or at least guide me to the info I would greatly appriciate it.:)

Last edited by shank,

shank

vs

pls respond

Spike Himself

TC

stop steam, remove anything related to the game you tried to install, remove temp steam downloads, remove clientregistry.blob, start steam

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828935672433400041/

A quick google search found that. Round about the 6th or 7th response mentions something very similar to your problem as well as a fix. If not, email valve.

Good luck.

Last edited by Monkeh,

shank

vs

Fixed! Thanks a lot, both of you! :))

Add A Reply Pages: 1