Avg refuses to let me open and reinstall steam

Created 30th September 2012 @ 13:55

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

severus

burn

Quoted from rytis

[…]
any arguments why they are useless?

They are like training wheels on a bike for children.

Let’s put it that way..

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from envy

Delete antivirus at all? It gives nothing, but fps drop anyway.

literally the most ignorant, stupidest thing i’ve read on this forum.

Waebi

‹Con›

but chris antivirus makers conspire with virus makers so they get money and they give them cuts of it i read that on the internet

envy

Quoted from octochris

[…]

literally the most ignorant, stupidest thing i’ve read on this forum.

Elaborate.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from envy

[…]
Elaborate.

0day.

Skyride

DUCS

Here’s a tip for when a question like this comes up.

If you can’t answer the question, don’t make stuff up. No one will think worse of you for not posting.

If you think you can answer the question but aren’t sure, don’t post. You’re probably wrong.

If you know the answer, ask yourself how you know the answer. If it is “I did this once or twice and it worked for me”, don’t post. You are almost certainly wrong.

Last edited by Skyride,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Waebi

but chris antivirus makers conspire with virus makers so they get money and they give them cuts of it i read that on the internet

did you work as a story writer at ion storm at the turn of the millennium?

envy

Quoted from octochris

0day.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wTKEFIKSrvg/SQhLVD-iHII/AAAAAAAAGT0/4gX_mGnLGbw/s400/b2436_the-more-i-know-the-less-i-care.jpg
Anyway, my fault for encouraging unsafe usage of PC. I never happened to have any problems w/o antivirus. Maybe my credit card number already hijacked, but at least TF2 is working and that’s fine for me.

Last edited by envy,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

More fun with antiviri (I use avast, free edition): Work on a C++ project, after a successful compile avast pops up saying the dll I just compiled is a virus…

Not long before that I boasted on some forum that I’ve never had issues with antiviri, and if your program gets picked up consistently by an anti-virus you’re doing something wrong. So much for that :(

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

ESET works fine, but it’s not just install and go like avast/avg software. You have to add and configurate all software you use. Plus that activating DEP could lead to some.. unwanted problems :) I would pick Avast (free edition works fine) if you’re not into AV that much.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2