Forum

Need some advice regarding mice

Created 12th March 2012 @ 17:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Wahey, that rhymed.

Anyway, my 2 year old Deathadder has contracted a serious case of incurable boneitis, and I need another mouse.

I want something that has a similar shape, size and weight as a Deathadder. I really don’t want to get used to another mouse, but at the same time I don’t want to spend £50 on a Deathadder.

Is there anyone who can solve my conundrum?

Phrozen

?

Quoted from Daleth

Is there anyone who can solve my conundrum?

Tesco

Linus

[d¿s]

deathadder black. the newer materials used make it feel higher quality, and the sensor received an upgrade too.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

G400 (the new one with no prediction), DeathAdder or maybe the Kiznu V2 Pro or Kana. Dunno about the last one tho, haven’t tried it.

Gubbins

Op4

Zowie EC1

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Those are all a bit over my budget. How hardy are though? I subconsciously click quite hard. (Clicking harder does more damage, right?)

MIndYe

[hePPa]

If your looking for a cheaper one, go with G400. It’s quite cheap and still very good. Just try to make sure that you really get the no prediction one.

Linus

[d¿s]

g400 then, its basically an improved mx518, which is very similiar to the DA in shape.

FADe

You’re going to notice a huge difference in any mouse that isn’t a DA if they are all you’ve been using for a few years.
I used DA’s (before the 1800dpi version came out) for a couple of years, then switched to 518’s (Sooo much better – just gota give yourself time to adjust. You pay twice as much for half the build quality with razer mice!!)
I would also suggest giving the G400 a chance as previously mentioned. Check the numbers in PID on the underside of the mouse is at least 13333 (should read LZ13333AV or something similar) otherwise the mouse will still have angle-snapping

Source: http://logitech.lithium.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/g400-angle-snapping-mouse-prediction-removed/td-p/763727

Also if you do end up going with a Logitech mouse, never install drivers for them :)

Last edited by FADe,

nvc

Deathadder best mouse, replacing it for anything would be dumb if you’re used to it! But zowie ec1/2, zowie AM and logitech g400 are all good alternatives too.

Last edited by nvc,

nvc

Quoted from FADe

You’re going to notice a huge difference in any mouse that isn’t a DA if they are all you’ve been using for a few years.
I used DA’s (before the 1800dpi version came out) for a couple of years, then switched to 518’s (Sooo much better – just gota give yourself time to adjust. You pay twice as much for half the build quality with razer mice!!)
I would also suggest giving the G400 a chance as previously mentioned. Check the numbers in PID on the underside of the mouse is at least 13333 (should read LZ13333AV or something similar) otherwise the mouse will still have angle-snapping

Source: http://logitech.lithium.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/g400-angle-snapping-mouse-prediction-removed/td-p/763727

Also if you do end up going with a Logitech mouse, never install drivers for them :)

You say the mx518 is so much better (w/ angle snapping) and then recommend a g400 featuring a PID w/o angle snapping. Sense this does not make! :D

Last edited by nvc,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

nvc is the new arie

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from FADe

why?

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Is there any way to find out if this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-G400-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00573Y2RC/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1331575280&sr=1-6 is the newer version?

Edd

T2P

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

why?

because theyre dog

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »