Forum

Laptop Question

Created 12th September 2011 @ 20:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Adiemus

Never played tf2 on a laptop and I have no idea about tf2 performance. So, here is the question. Is it possible to have a stable 120 fps in 6v6 play with the following configuration:

Intel Core i7-2630QM (2.00GHz, 6MB cache, Quad Core)
8GB (2×4096) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
1GB nVidia GeForce GT 525M
15.6″ HD (1366X768) WLED
500GB Serial ATA (5400RPM)

Quality is not important, all I need is the stability in the game.

Last edited by Adiemus,

Nislem

yes, i’ve got pretty similar laptop to that one, just make sure that u’ve chosen “high performance” power plan and it’ll run it const >=131

AnimaL

this is what i dont get, why do u need 120fps on laptop… its not like u can see difference above 60fps on laptop screen and only way to make use is having old CRT plugged in since they dont have dvi connectors either to plug in ur brand new lcd

Jh

Hey dats!

animal plz get a fucking clue lol

Last edited by Jh,

Adiemus

To reiterate, I’ve never played tf2 on a laptop and I basically have no idea about it.

I can consider buying a monitor but I probably can’t since I have to use laptop at the first place due to its mobility. Of course, I’d prefer playing on my desktop having constant 240 fps on my 120Hz lcd but I do not have that option.

Anyway, do laptop screens make the game totally unplayable? Due to stuttering etc. problems?

Gladdy

I’ve played games on only a laptop a long time before I got this pc (this january). I never noticed any stuttering or anything annoying when I compare that screen to my current (24″ LCD at 60 fps).

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Jh

animal plz get a fucking clue lol

QFT

It’ll be fine mate. The graphics card isn’t great, but it’ll run decent with chris’s max frames cfg. 60fps+ constantly. :)

FIR

SnG

I’m using about the same specs, only with a GT540M. So far I can run TF2 with constant 60fps.

atmo

Use maxframes and reduce your resolution to 848×480.

Adiemus

I got my new laptop today. I’m getting constant 132 fps (which is the upper limit) at native resolution using a little modified version of Chris’ maxframes config with the following computer:

Intel Core i7-2630QM (2.00GHz, 6MB cache, Quad Core)
8GB (2×4096) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
1GB nVidia GeForce GT 555M
15.6″ HD (1366X768) WLED
750GB Serial ATA (5400RPM)

People who wonders fps levels with laptops may use this laptop specs as a reference. The game was running pretty smooth as well like in a desktop pc.

dougiie

CotC

I remember when I first bought my laptop, could get nearly 200fps

now its just :((( after updates!

atmo

Is it still right to use fps_max 0? Chris hasn’t changed the cfg in a few weeks.

AnimaL

Quoted from atmo

Is it still right to use fps_max 0? Chris hasn’t changed the cfg in a few weeks.

fps_max 0 has allways been the better option

dauk

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]fps_max 0 has allways been the better option

unless you want something like stable fps or whatever. SNAP.

flushy

P.O.P

knoxxx uses a laptop… it crashes occasionally

Add A Reply Pages: 1