Forum

Game freeze for second or two every 15-30 mins

Created 5th August 2011 @ 21:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Wolf :D

PStM
DStS

Well it started off in TF2, where I would get a stutter for a second or two every 15 mins or so, then it starts on CSS and L4D2, and more recently on Brink (free weekend). This freeze can be highly annoying esp on TF2 and L4D2. I’ve checked CPU and GPU temp they are below 40oC.

Not exactly sure what it is, final option is reinstalling OS, but hopefully someone has an alternate fix?

Biohazard

IDK

windows 7?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

This is normal for tf2, but since you also have it in brink it might be something else.

PStM
DStS

Quoted from Koeitje

This is normal for tf2, but since you also have it in brink it might be something else.

Yeah thats what I thought, yes bio I have w7 the link you sent me http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1043281 imma try thought its more about lag though its more off a freeze then a lag.

Last edited by Wolf :D,

raappana

KoP!?

Got win 7 with same, the shit thing is that it happens sometimes while doin rollout to mid..

Therium

trolltech
[MC]

reinstall won’t help – don’t bother.

octochris

(0v0)

Sounds like you’re getting TDRs. Since it happens in multiple games, I’d either suspect the drivers or the card itself. Have you tried reinstalling/upgrading the drivers?

AnimaL

tf2 freezing is normal

anything else isnt

PStM
DStS

Quoted from octochris

Sounds like you’re getting TDRs. Since it happens in multiple games, I’d either suspect the drivers or the card itself. Have you tried reinstalling/upgrading the drivers?

didnt reinstall drivers but upgraded it like couple weeks back

PStM
DStS

BUMP. Bio you fix worked for a day then I started getting them again. so yeah any more options?

Forsak3n

S

Check for laggy processes which may take too many % of your CPU at taskmanager or/and make a virusscan.

Last edited by Forsak3n,

PStM
DStS

Quoted from Forsak3n

Check for laggy processes which may take too many % of your CPU at taskmanager or/and make a virusscan.

nope still got the problem.

this is getting out of hand now, it gets annoying as I sometimes freeze with fuckin uber and drop it because I’ve fucking frozen.

Last edited by Wolf :D,

Edd

T2P

Maybe you should stop starting riots in London. Jeeze I leave you alone for one week wolf and you turn the country to shit…..

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I started getting random PC freezes after windows broked and it was re-installed on a partition on my HD. It can happen at any time running any process, even on windows start-up I’ve had the windows logo freeze in mid animation.

Thought I’d throw that into the discussion, no idea if same or similar, but just as annoying when you drop dat uber :(

byte

Guaranteed to do with audio (drivers/settings in registry) or your network card.

I had the same a couple of weeks back, would just randomly stop/freeze for 1 second or less. Switched ethernet cards and worked a treat :)

Hope that helps

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »