Forum

Torrents

Created 16th July 2011 @ 10:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

buy a root server and use it for torrent downloads :)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Pyle

Apparently, my ISP doesnt like me using SSL for torrents.. It get’s maxed @ 50 Mbit, while non ssl torrent hit 120 Mbit.

Yo chris, can they do that shit or is it me noobing around ?

of course they can, they can do whatever the fuck they like ;)

it may be that your ISP doesn’t care about torrenting, but they throttle encrypted traffic. bear in mind that SSL will only be on the tracker, though, so that sounds odd.

unless you don’t really mean SSL, and actually are talking about the encryption of the data itself.

RaCio

GoT²

The Dutch parliament passed a law enforcing net neutrality, so they can’t limit SSL trafic (in a few month’s that is). It could be the ISP still using speed limits, but it’s likely there’s some other setting wrong.

Also, as a friendly reminder, talk about warez or bypassing data laws is not allowed.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from RaCio

talk about warez or bypassing data laws is not allowed.

has anyone broken this rule in this thread so far?

Rotab

≧◡≦

Quoted from octochris

[…]

has anyone broken this rule in this thread so far?

Bittorrent == warez
Herp derp

Last edited by Rotab,

Pyle

Quoted from octochris

[…]

of course they can, they can do whatever the fuck they like ;)

it may be that your ISP doesn’t care about torrenting, but they throttle encrypted traffic. bear in mind that SSL will only be on the tracker, though, so that sounds odd.

unless you don’t really mean SSL, and actually are talking about the encryption of the data itself.

I use utorrent/ssl/rss @ home.

But because I recently started using a seedbox with rtorrent/rtGui/SLL/rss. with none of these problems whatsoever I automaticly suspected my ISP of throttling. But must be something in my setup @ home I guess. Well, box is going to do all work from now on so I’m happy anyway. Still need to test DL speed over SSH though… I guess those results will explain a lot :P

Last edited by Pyle,

Edd

T2P

Quoted from RaCio

talk about warez or bypassing data laws is not allowed.

With all due respect, there is nothing in the forum rules/general rules that states this.

xx

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Rotab

[…]

Bittorrent == warez
Herp derp

Bittorrent is just a way of hosting files without having to pay for hosting. I’m sure the OP is just trying to download some tf2 maps that people have torrented im sure… ;)

n00ne

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Bittorrent is just a way of hosting files without having to pay for hosting. I’m sure the OP is just trying to download some tf2 maps that people have torrented im sure… ;)

applause

Stimpy

IRC is better for downloads tbh, usualy much faster. Failing that newbinz.

Look up packetfind.

Torrents are poo, they are only really good if u like dropping soap and feeling a prick, kinda like limewire and all the other noobish download clients.

Last edited by Stimpy,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Ok, constant 100mbit down disagrees.

Wabbeh

Quoted from Stimpy

IRC is better for downloads tbh, usualy much faster. Failing that newbinz.

Look up packetfind.

Torrents are poo, they are only really good if u like dropping soap and feeling a prick, kinda like limewire and all the other noobish download clients.

WOW so my torrents would go faster and get good if I were to receive cock up my ass???

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2