Forum

USB's keeps disconnecting

Created 10th July 2011 @ 22:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

mrwhizz

It started 2-3 days ago with just my mouse, at first I would hear the windows XP error sound and then my mouse would stop working for 3-4 seconds while in the process it would also cause lag for me ingame, Today it kept doing this every 4th minute but it doesn’t only disconnect now it also changes my sense to the highest one which is odd.. later while playing a mix my keyboard started to disconnect randomly aswell. while typing this I haven’t had the issue at all for a good 10 minutes

has anyone had this sorta problem with their hardware before, If so please posts some solutions you think might help out, Im poor and thus cant afford a new motherboard if that is the problem

Thanks in advance and excuse me for the horrible ENRISH

Taoism

same problem with my logitech g9x, don#t know how to solve the problem :/

george

I had the problem but windows updates fixed it for me
edit: my bad i am on w7

Last edited by george,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Had that before, had to get a new mouse.

If it still persists with a new mouse then it is the USB drive that is fucked and needs replacing.

Azured

eureka

check device manager to see if there are any question marks (unidentified/uninstalled devices). Try reinstalling the chipset drivers. Also does this only happen in tf2, or does it just randomly occour all the time, regardless of application running?

Worst case it’s your motherboard that’s screwed. You can get a pci-card with extra usb ports fairly cheap (100-200DKK + fragt) as a stop gap solution, but you will propably have to replace the motherboard eventually (if it is the problem).

EDIT: This might be too obvious, but the mouse and keyboard aren’t wireless, right?

Last edited by Azured,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Buy one of those really cheap usb to ps2 (old style mouse/keyboard inputs) connectors if you motherboard has them. Then you can tell if its a driver/usb port problem or an issue with your mouse.

I’d say its probably a physical issue with the mouse, the wires have be come a bit streched at the mouse head or usb port end, give them a wiggle and see if it disconnects when you do that or when its sat still.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

mrwhizz

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Buy one of those really cheap usb to ps2 (old style mouse/keyboard inputs) connectors if you motherboard has them. Then you can tell if its a driver/usb port problem or an issue with your mouse.

I’d say its probably a physical issue with the mouse, the wires have be come a bit streched at the mouse head or usb port end, give them a wiggle and see if it disconnects when you do that or when its sat still.

It doesn’t really do it when I hold my mouse absolutely still, so yeah probably a new mouse im afraid ;<

vøid

Quoted from Tapley ❤

true.
My very old diamondback were doing the same

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from Tapley ❤

he said, that his keyboard has the same problem as his mouse. So how it can be mouse problem?

To the author of this topic – Try to play on other mouse, if it keeps disconnecting, then probably something is wrong with drivers of your motherboard. When I was on Windows 7, I had the same issue during gameplay with ESL Wire. My mouse and keyboard were constantly disconnecting and then connecting back to the USB while I was moving my mouse and pressing keys on a keyboard
When you install Windows 7, it downloads and installs drivers for your motherboard, internet card, soundcard automaticly. That means you can’t be sure, will you have good drivers installed or not :D In reason of that, my PC was lagging like shit. I had random blue screens and huge lags.

Reinstalled Windows 7 to the Windows XP. Installed drivers manually, no lags anymore.

If your new mouse is going to be okay, it means your old mouse is dying. When mouse is preparing to die, obviously, it is going to lag :D . QQ

+ Would be cool to know, what mouse you are playing on.

Last edited by Mirelin,

mrwhizz

Quoted from Mirelin

[…]
Would be cool to know, what mouse you are playing on.

SteelSeries Ikari Laser.

I Just played a whole lobby using a new(shit) mouse without this happening once. Time to order that Deathadder. Thanks for people that replied

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from mrwhizz

[…]

SteelSeries Ikari Laser.

I Just played a whole lobby using a new(shit) mouse without this happening once. Time to order that Deathadder. Thanks for people that replied

Why deathadder? I’d rather go for Steelseries Xai :3

mrwhizz

Quoted from Mirelin

[…]

Why deathadder? I’d rather go for Steelseries Xai :3

Disregard it, Im poor as fuck and might go for a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0

instag1b

Panda

intellimouse 3.0 ftw. Build quality is shit as fuck tho.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from instag1b

intellimouse 3.0 ftw. Build quality is shit as fuck tho.

Yeah, great mouse. Feels a bit cheapy though :(

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from mrwhizz

[…]

Disregard it, Im poor as fuck and might go for a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0

Ow, go for Logitech MX518 then :) It’s not so expensive

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »