Forum

Laptops

Created 27th June 2011 @ 13:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

hey

Next year i’m going to a new school and I need a laptop. So the school advertise this laptop: HP EliteBook 8560p notebook pc for my courses. So i went looking for a laptop that is cheaper and maby nicer because i don’t really trust school on being honnest :D

So the reference is this one: HP EliteBook 8560p notebook pc

Intel® Core i5 2540M (2,60 GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
15,6-inch LED-backlit HD+ ontspiegeld (1600 x 900)
AMD Radeon HD 6470M Graphics Card 1GB DDR3
720p HD Webcam
4 GB 1333-MHz DDR3 SDRAM
320-GB 7200-rpm SATA II HDD
Dvd±rw SuperMulti met dubbellaags LightScribe
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Microsoft Office 2010 Enterprise
3 jaar next businessday on-site garantie

I found these two to:
Dell XPS 15z

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/print_summary_details_popup.aspx?~lt=print&c=be&cs=bedhs1&fb=1&l=nl&model_id=xps-15z&oc=n0015z02&s=dhs&vw=icon&leadtime=&showleadtime=False

and dell xps 15
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/print_summary_details_popup.aspx?~lt=print&c=us&cs=04&fb=1&l=en&model_id=xps-l502x&oc=cwxps15b&s=bsd&vw=icon&leadtime=7/7/2011&showleadtime=True

Any advice on this ? :)

thnx

Bye
Brainmaster

Last edited by Brainmaster,

Septique

So the laptop is only for schoolstuff and not playing? Or what you gonna do with it

Last edited by Septique,

Skyride

DUCS

Look up the Dell Studio XPS 16. Dell stopped selling them recently so you’ll have to go through a 3rd part reseller, but they are pretty awesome. I’ll hopefully be getting one soon.

Swarlz

Quoted from Skyride

Look up the Dell Studio XPS 16. Dell stopped selling them recently so you’ll have to go through a 3rd part reseller, but they are pretty awesome. I’ll hopefully be getting one soon.

i want one please

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from Septique

So the laptop is only for schoolstuff and not playing? Or what you gonna do with it

schoolstuff and i want to play tf2 on it with lodhack and highframes dx8 with 120 fps because i will taking it to some lans maby.. :)

Gladdy

Quoted from Brainmaster

hey

Next year i’m going to a new school and I need a laptop. So the school advertise this laptop: HP EliteBook 8560p notebook pc for my courses. So i went looking for a laptop that is cheaper and maby nicer because i don’t really trust school on being honnest :D

So the reference is this one: HP EliteBook 8560p notebook pc

Intel® Core i5 2540M (2,60 GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
15,6-inch LED-backlit HD+ ontspiegeld (1600 x 900)
AMD Radeon HD 6470M Graphics Card 1GB DDR3
720p HD Webcam
4 GB 1333-MHz DDR3 SDRAM
320-GB 7200-rpm SATA II HDD
Dvd±rw SuperMulti met dubbellaags LightScribe
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Microsoft Office 2010 Enterprise
3 jaar next businessday on-site garantie

This one will run TF2 fine at a decent fps with highfps/dx8.
My little brother has a laptop kinda resembling this one, only with a lesser gpu, and he runs tf2 fine (with configs ofc.)

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from Gladdy

[…]

This one will run TF2 fine at a decent fps with highfps/dx8.
My little brother has a laptop kinda resembling this one, only with a lesser gpu, and he runs tf2 fine (with configs ofc.)

yeah but i’m on the look for a cheaper one that is as good as the reference. The reference cost 1200 euros.. so maby i thought there is a cheaper laptop that is as good as the reference..
please help :)

Martn

Quoted from Brainmaster

[…]

yeah but i’m on the look for a cheaper one that is as good as the reference. The reference cost 1200 euros.. so maby i thought there is a cheaper laptop that is as good as the reference..
please help :)

You can get a dell xps 15/17 for less with better specs.

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from Martn

[…]

You can get a dell xps 15/17 for less with better specs.

link me please :)

dauk

dells are poop for gaming since they have integrated gpu. I would recommend anything from msi. dell is poop.

AnimaL

Quoted from dauk

dells are poop for gaming since they have integrated gpu.

???

RaCio

GoT²

Large laptops are bad, get some smaller msi, vaio or even alienware.

Quoted from dauk

dells are poop for gaming since they have integrated gpu. I would recommend anything from msi. dell is poop.

You can put a gpu in most models with the customisation on their website.

dauk

Quoted from RaCio

[…]

ANYWAYS ITS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION. I DON’T LIKE DELL, THEIR SHAPES, MATERIAL THEY’RE MADE FROM AND SO ON. STUBBORN ASS HERE.

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from RaCio

[…]

i won’t buy a 17 inch, looking for a 15 inch laptop that has a large battery, cause i will have to travel much..

RaCio

GoT²

Battery size isn’t everything though, smaller laptops consume less energy then larger types (the smaller screen plays a big role in that).

Having a dedicated gpu kind of hurts battery time to (assuming you want a dedicated one instead of an integrated one). Some new laptops can switch between dedicated and integrated on the fly, so keep that in mind.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »