Forum

Mouse stutter/spasms

Created 15th June 2011 @ 17:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

n00ne

I’m using a Logitech G5 with steelseries qck pad (a pretty old one).

Pretty much been happening ever since i got it but if i move my mouse too fast to effectively do a 180 degree spin, it spasms and practically only moves a little bit in that direction. I previously used a 2$ logitech default mouse which i threw out because it broke.

My only option right now that I can think of would be to drastically increase my sensitivity, which would take ages to get used to.

Right now I’m using 1000dpi @ 2.1 ingame sens which is 19.8 cm / 7.8 inches per 360

Any Ideas?

Last edited by n00ne,

doks

well my mouse used to act this way depending on the surface. on one mousepad all was fine on another one it kept jumping/skipping/freezing.

defined

C.LIONS
CCCP

try 2000dpi and lower ingame sens (1.05)

baerbel

trick17
trick17

Quoted from doks

well my mouse used to act this way depending on the surface. on one mousepad all was fine on another one it kept jumping/skipping/freezing.

this. switch your surface and see if that solves the problem

JamesBong

Lapinou Team

Same here, my mouse couldn’t register anything on one side of the Qck mat.
+1 for the surface change

Biohazard

IDK

which qck has 2 surfaces?

my mate plays on g5 using qck too and never seen him complaining, i believe he plays on something like 400 dpi, 6 in game

quad

the mouse is crap..

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Mouse is shit + pad is shit = massive dump of shit. But this is probably the mouse, G5 has very low malfunctioning speed.

Last edited by Koeitje,

n00ne

Quoted from Biohazard

which qck has 2 surfaces?

None, they mean get a new mousepad.

I think I’ll try that first, if it doesn’t help then I’m gonna have to get a new mouse.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from n00ne

[…]

None, they mean get a new mousepad.

I think I’ll try that first, if it doesn’t help then I’m gonna have to get a new mouse.

Just get a new mouse, G5 fucking blows. If you want something better & cheap, buy a krait off ebay for not even 20 euro’s. It completely destroys the g5.

Traxantic

TLR

I’ve had the G5 for years. And yeah, it stuttered for me too. Then I bought 4 Razer mice, which ALL broke within 1.5 months (MouseButton 5 broke, to be specific, for push-to-talk). Then I bought G500, which is the perfect solution if you’ve had the G5 before. Pretty much the upgraded version of G5.

Last edited by Traxantic,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

If your gonna buy a new mouse, I’d say wait till they release G400. An upgraded version of MX518.

Pyle

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Just get a new mouse, G5 fucking blows. If you want something better & cheap, buy a krait off ebay for not even 20 euro’s. It completely destroys the g5.

Zucht… Really… you’re either trolling / krait fanboy / or really stupid. Exfane makes non stop airshots in a row with a G5. And didn’t break 1 in 2 years if I remember correctly and think about the amount of hours combined with the famous exfane rage button bashing it had to endure. Makes it a perfect mouse imo. + I owned 1 myself, no complaints whatsoever… but I’m stupid and bought a G500 because I like to buy shit.

Please quit your bullshit…

Last edited by Pyle,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Pyle

[…]

Zucht… Really… you’re either trolling / krait fanboy / or really stupid. Exfane makes non stop airshots in a row with a G5. And didn’t break 1 in 2 years if I remember correctly and think about the amount of hours combined with the famous exfane rage button bashing it had to endure. Makes it a perfect mouse imo. + I owned 1 myself, no complaints whatsoever… but I’m stupid and bought a G500 because I like to buy shit.

Please quit your bullshit…

Exfane has a very high sens, he will never hit the G5 low malfunction speed (unless he likes to turn 1080+ degrees in 100ms). Please refrain from posting if you have no idea what you are talking about. Best mice from the G5 era were: MX300 (@1000hz), MX518 1600dpi, Diamondback G2, Krait. They all can handle speeds 3 times faster than the G5 before they start malfunctioning.

G500 has the same sensor as my Xai, and is the first generation of laser mice that is actually any good. So you can’t really compare that to the G5.

Last edited by Koeitje,

quad

Quoted from Pyle

[…]

you’re either trolling / krait fanboy / or really stupid.

no u..

Last edited by quad,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »