Forum

Have you tried the *insert name* mouse?

Created 25th April 2011 @ 12:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

torden

broder
syster

My g5 cable is dying, so I need a new mouse.

There are 3 things that’ most important to me: Thumb buttons, mouse wheel, durability.
– I need a mouse with good “trigger” like thumb buttons that I don’t accidentally press, but still easy to reach. Razer doesn’t fit me for this.
– The mouse wheel needs to be solid with clear “ticks” as you scroll. No loose rubber like certain seemless microsoft mouse wheels. It also needs to be easily clickable, unlike the g5 one.

The contenders I’ve found so far:
Steelseries Xai – Looks promising, are the buttons tighter than the Ikari?
-Concern: Expensive

Coolermaster storm sentinel advance – Tacky as hell, but shape and reviews are promising.
-Concern: Is it solid?

Ace of Sweden edge 3200 – Even uglier than the Coolermaster, but getting superb reviews (95% in PC Gamer).
-Concern: Is it solid? Will the ceramic feet glide well with my aluminium pad?

Razer Imperator – Don’t like razer due to the poor build quality, but the layout on this looks good. How long will it last?

Out:
Roccat Kone [+] – Too many bad experiences
Steelseries Ikari – Tried it, too many misclicks with the thumb button

Sorry for the lack of original forum post. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by torden,

I have had the Steelseries Ikari laser for quite a while now and I can’t imagine using another mouse. The reason i bought it was because of its shape and size.

I have never clicked the thumb button by accident because my thumb is resting below the thumb buttons. And after 1-2 years the scroll wheel+button is still very solid. The same goes for the precision. The only thing that has been annoying me a bit is the surface of the mouse. It is very easy to peel off – it doesn’t make it less comfortable though, it just looks very used

I haven’t tried any of the other mice but I can definitely recommend this one

rarecandy

I’d try out G500 if I we’re you. Some people don’t like it’s scrollwheel and thumb buttons, but I’ve never had any problem with them. Guess it’s just a personal preference thing.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4350/28vgn04.jpg also got this image off somewhere, don’t know how accurate it is but it might help you.

Last edited by rarecandy,

Mike

TEZC

no mx518? it’s good

TviQ

ft.

Xai Is awesome worth the money :D takes about a week to get used to the shape after using razer DA and the buttons isnt that easy to accidently hit

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

I have the Roccat Kone [+] (thanks to an old friend)

It definitely has a loud scrollwheel! So loud that my voice activation on mumble picks it up. Similar problems with the first one. M3 stopped responding after a few hours of use which eventually fixed itself. Now the mousewheel on a whole is just broken completely. Everytime I try to scroll up or down, it goes the opposite direction and just doesn’t get me anywere. The M3 button is fairly hard to click however mine is completely broken now. It died after a few weeks of use.

The buttons sit well above the thumb rest so accidentally clicking them is not a problem.

My other main gripe with this mouse is that it seems to collect dust at the sensor rather easily and even the slightest bit of fluff in there makes the mouse completely unresponsive. I keep my table relatively clean and dust it off every few days or so. Never had this problem with my DA. It’s easy to tell when there is dust in the sensor, because the mouse stops moving altogether sometimes :)

On a good note, it really has nice lighting! I was mesmerized by the changing lights for some time :)

tl;dr – same mousewheel problems as the old one, tiny bit of dust and mouse goes unresponsive

torden

broder
syster

Rarecandy. I looked at the G500, but considering I was never that happy with the tough scrollwheelbutton of the G5, I’d like to see if there are other alternatives. The thumb buttons don’t look as good as the G5?

Mike. See above about scrollwheel.

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from Morphine

I have the Roccat Kone [+]
Now the mousewheel on a whole is just broken completely. Everytime I try to scroll up or down, it goes the opposite direction and just doesn’t get me anywere. The M3 button is fairly hard to click however mine is completely broken now. It died after a few weeks of use.

Same problem here, but less severe. Mine scrolls, but in a totally random direction. Also the cursor moves about when I am not moving the mouse, which I guess is a sensor problem.

Srsly, don’t get it. Terribad.

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Zowie EC1/2 – best mice on the market atm

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from torden

There are 3 things that’ most important to me: Thumb buttons, mouse wheel, durability.

Razer Naga

I’m not even joking – I use this mouse and it’s simply awesome.
(will probably require a plastic or steel mousepad though, doesn’t seem to work at all on cloth)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Razer Naga

I’m not even joking – I use this mouse and it’s simply awesome.
(will probably require a plastic or steel mousepad though, doesn’t seem to work at all on cloth)

YEs it does :D you just need to clean your mousemath a couple of times :P

Genmix

bobs

I know you said you dont want razer,

but the imperator has clear ticks as you scroll and has adjustable thumb buttons (you can slide them back and forth).

Not a mouse to be used when you lift your mouse a lot.

flushy

P.O.P

i believe the Ace of Sweden is Ake…

torden

broder
syster

Spike. Thanks, but that shit looks like a pretty big risk.

Genmix. That one looks interesting. Anyone have experiences with it’s durability?

Flushy: “Ake”?

Skyride

DUCS

Why not just get another G5? Assuming it fits your needs atm, there’s no reason to get a different mouse. I know i’d definitely just get another deathadder if my mouse died.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »