Forum

Class Limiting

Created 4th November 2010 @ 10:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1

The Risky

|TA|
|TA|

When in a ladder,official,tf2lobby match,i load up the etf2l.cfg,but the class limits don’t go as they’re meant to be,you know 2 scouts,2 soldiers etc.

How to fix this?what to do?

Spike Himself

TC

You shouldn’t want to have class limits enforced. What if your medic crashes and someone else needs to go medic?

It’s the team’s responsibility to play fair and by the rules. If you think your opponent is breaking rules, you can send evidence (screenshots, demos, ..) to the admins.

Anyway, to answer your question, the class limit commands ARE actually in the etf2l config (all set to 0 so it’s not enforced), so just look there :)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Tikcus

Quoted from The Risky

When in a ladder,official,tf2lobby match,i load up the etf2l.cfg,but the class limits don’t go as they’re meant to be,you know 2 scouts,2 soldiers etc.

How to fix this?what to do?

remember the class limits.

I think the reasoning behind the no forced class limits was, that if your medic timed-out/crashed someone else could go medic

spike beat me to it

Last edited by Tikcus,

Яyan

Quoted from Spike Himself

You shouldn’t want to have class limits enforced. What if your medic crashes and someone else needs to go medic?

It’s the team’s responsibility to play fair and by the rules. If you think your opponent is breaking rules, you can send evidence (screenshots, demos, ..) to the admins.

Anyway, to answer your question, the class limit commands ARE actually in the etf2l config (all set to 0 so it’s not enforced), so just look there :)

Can you change them without violating any rules. provided they adhere to ETF2L Class limits?

Spike Himself

TC

Not sure. The ETF2L rules state that you must use the official etf2l.cfg config file, which has classlimits set to 0. This would suggest that changing these values is in fact against the rules.
That is if you want to nitpick about rules and what exactly they mean. If you think about why these rules are there in the first place though (which is to provide equal games to both teams playing), I don’t think this one in particular is one that you’re going to get warnings for.
But I’m not an admin.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Яyan

I guess you could go ahead and change it, I’m not sure it’d really matter for the most part, it’s generally less risky to leave it as it is and administrate the rules from behind a server STV, than risk their medic DC’ing and them complaining to admins about not being able to get another player to medic :(

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

No, you can’t change the variables for official matches.
The reason is, as already mentioned, that you should be able to switch to another (core-) class if the player timed out and you should be able to swap classes without going spec (because going spec in an official is a no-go).

Tikcus

that gets back to the debate, of when you kill a medic/demo do you kill the medic/demo, and therefore know he is dead for 15 seconds (which class limits in cfg would force), or do you just kill the player and allow someone else to go medic/demo instantly, which rewards good multi-classing ability (granted placing stickies on last point does not exactly need good multi-classing ability)

i’m all for maintaining the status quo, on this one, reward the skill

Last edited by Tikcus,

Spike Himself

TC

Are you suggesting multi-classing in-game shouldn’t be allowed?

Add A Reply Pages: 1